Chapter 4—Dark, Evil, Thunderstorm

Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Please read author notes at the end of the chapter)

The atmosphere surrounding the cave was pretty eerie. 

Minseok stared at the cave before him stood majestically, covered with purple-colored diamonds and a single thin piece of cloth hanging on the entrance. There's a lot of lavender growing out in the front of the cave, but there was no scent at all. 

"This is Luhan?" Baekhyun asked as he picked up a fallen lavender.

"No, you idiot, Luhan is in there," the maknae replied as he walked towards the entrance, with Yixing trailing and Kris dragging Tao as the said Empty looked reluctant to come. Minseok shrugged and finally grabbed Junmyeon to come, and Baekhyun followed as he grumbled about something like, 'I thought Minseo likes me much better'.

As they got in to the cave, Junmyeon stared at the familiar interior that he used to like, now only a trigger to unpleasent events in his memories. Everything was too nostalgic and not to mention—,

"Who's there?"

—the voice that used to be his best friend. 

"LUHAN!" Sehun yelled in joy as he ran through the cave and lunged into the Empty who was standing in the middle of the cave, "I missed you!"

"Sehunnie my favorite human!" the Empty—Luhan hugged him back, "And oh! Kris, Yixing, Zitao!"

"It's Tao not Zitao!" the Empty stomped his feet and Luhan just laughed. Kris fist-bumped the Empty and Yixing sent an angelic smile.

"So, who do we got here?" Luhan said as he got out of Sehun's hug, and lingered around Minseok and Baekhyun, "Oh, the chubby-cheeked one smelled delicious!"

"Touch and I'll kick your , Luhan."

"Oh, and Junmyeon," the deer-like EMpty turned, to see the other Empty frowning when he meets his eyes, "It's been a long time since I saw you. Haven't changed at all, have you?"

"Why should I?" the brown-haired Empty glared at his ex-bestfriend, "I have no reason to changed,"

Luhan giggled, "Yeah, and I'll laugh when you die out of hunger. Well, Junmyeon, we ain't meeting today to fight each other, right? Let's be on good terms just for this problem. Deal?"

The other Empty just scoffed, while Luhan smiled at him and shrugged, "It's a deal then,"

Feeling that the situatiomn has calmed, Yixing moved to the deer-like Empty, "So, Luham as you know, they're going to help us on the problem. Did you got anymore information on the seal?"

"yeah, I've been observing the seal for some time and I finally saw someone tending it. I don't think he's the culprit though, he's more like... a worker.He's wearing some kind of uniform," Luhan says as he suddenly moves to one of the walls in the cave, opening a bag of diamonds which he spread out on the wall as the purple-colored diamonds formed something similar of a television screen, "The culprit behind all of this could be a company from your dimension," 

"That makes sense," Kris said as he observed the screen before him, which is showing the seal's place and the environtment around it, "Something as big as this couldn't be done by a single person—must be an organization or somewhat an illegal company,"

Minseok stared at the seal showed before him as the scene showed a cctv-like video of the day the worker showed up. Suddenly Baekhyun stood beside him tapped his shoulder, "Dude, Minseok, don't you think that uniform is pretty familiar?"

The chubby cheeked boy nodded, "Yeah, I thin I've seen them somewhere, but I can't really get the clear image,"

"So this guy has been tending the seal for sometime, fiddling something at the back of it, right Luhan?" the Empty nodded with Sehun still cilingin around him, "Did you find a pattern or something in his appearance?" 

"Hmm, I could say that he's been appearing each Thursdays human time, but I can't know for sure. He got this supsicious aura surrounding him,"

"So, Thursday it is!" Sehun shouted, "Let's just get him and quickly get this problem off!"

"Yeah, I guess we'll be back here on Thursday the," Yixing says as he scribbled something on his tablet, "Any suggestions, Luhan?"

"Well, this is kind of dangerous but," the Empty took a deep breath and sighed, "But I think e need the "Thunderstrom"s help,"

The Humans stared at Luhan confused, while Tao gasped loudly and Junmyeon looked at Luhan like he had just gone in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter