Chapter 2—Worlds, Colliding, Disaster

Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kyaaa~! Look at that, Yixing-sunbaenim is really cool!”

“I heard he got chosen for the school's representative for the upcoming nation dance battle!”

“Oh my god, are you serious?”

“He's so amazing!”

Kris's eyebrows keeps twitching every time a girl squeals. He might be inside the dance studio, but the windows there ain't soundproof and he could still listen to the girls screaming outside. Apparently the boy who was dancing seriously in front of him didn't care of the screams outside and still focused on his moves.

“Lay, I know dancing has been your passion since no one knows, but please, it's been hours and we still have to think about what's going on in Noex,” he says as he emphasize the boy's nickname and the word hour. Patience wasn't something that Kris is good at and with the girls outside, the bomb inside him is practically ticking seconds away from exploding.

“I am thinking.” The boy responds while showing no signs of stopping what was he doing right now.

“No, you're dancing and distracting yourself.”

“This is the way how I think, Kris.”

“If you are thinking, do you have an idea now of what are we gonna do to stop them to rampaging outside the dimension?”

“Yes.”

“And what was it?”

“I called Sehun.”

“And?”

“I told him to find the boy.”

“...Isn't that my plan?”

“....Yes?”

Kris threw his hands and gave up.

Minseok sighed. The break bell just rang and the boy was distracted the whole time. The image of the murder wouldn't get off his mind and he started to over-worrying everything, making scenarios in his head and unable to focus on his studies.

With the occurred murder, it confirms that some Empties might have been ransacking the town, out from their dimension and endangering a lot of human life.

He was worried about Junmyeon, though. There's a lot of bizarre things happened, and when Junmyeon said there were Empties eating their own species it just added up to Minseok's worry. Although he knows that Junmyeon is literally much stronger than him, the Empty was special and softhearted, fragile even that sometimes Minseok has to think about what he says to the said creature. Thankfully, his words has never hurt Junmyeon before and he doesn't think he wants it to happen too.

Unfortunately Baekhyun had to attend some band problems so Minseok was left alone today. He decided just to hang out in the canteen and probably meet someone he knows.

The halls are awkwardly empty, making Minseok feel small while walking straight through. All of the students were probably already in the canteen right now, so it explains why the halls are pretty empty. Even though it's awkward, Minseok likes it. He can't really do good with people and mostly tensed when going through a crowded place without his friends, that's why he liked the silence.

Not until he was suddenly grabbed by the arm and forcefully pulled inside a classroom.

“Hey, what is wrong—,”

“Shh!”

A hand was clamped over his mouth and an arm was holding him tightly. As Minseok go quiet as the attacker has him in tight grip, he could feel he was slowly pulled to the back while the attacker was making sure that no sounds was heard and no one was in sight.

Slowly, the hand over him was loosening and finally he wasn't in bind anymore. Minseok quickly turned to see and scold who ever grabbing him suddenly like that, but his all of his words come into a halt when he sees the doer.

“Oh Sehun?”

The school's football team star, the teachers beloved tenth-grader, the prince who has all the girls in school swooning over, Oh Sehun, is right in front of him.

“Shh! Not so loud! No one can hear us,” the white-haired boy held a finger on his lips while his eyes is darting all over the place, still suspicious about the room, “I have something important to talk to you.”

“Huh?” Minseok stared at him. As he remembers, he never really done anything flashy or eye-catching—even, he prefers to stay in the shadows—or probably he done something that unconciously rages the school idol before him, oh wait there is some football team incident that he may have been a part of...

“If this is about the incident, I'm sorry, but I'm not gonna join the football team again—,”

“No, no!” Sehun waved his hand quickly, “No, this isn't about it anymore, like, sunbaenim it's been months since it happened we understand your situation back then!”

“Or was this about that time that I forgot to clean up the team's locker room—,”

“No, it wasn't that either—,”

“Or was it that time when Minho kicked—,”

“Listen to me first!” the younger boy grabbed both of Minseok's shoulder, “Okay? Just—listen.”

Minseok nodded.

“Sunbaenim... You're a butterfly aren't you?”

The older boy's face tensed a bit, but he doesn't let it slip.

Why does Sehun wants to know about it?

A lot of bad things suddenly swelling in Minseok's mind and he got an uneasy feeling about this. With everything that happens in Noex and suddenly a tenth-grader who's famous as and actually has been in the same football team with him but never talks to each other appeared and asked if he's a butterfly.

Too suspicious for Minseok.

“What? Sehun, I'm perfectly human?”

“No, you know what I mean!” Sehun holds his hands up and made a quote gesture with his fingers, “I mean 'Butterfly' butterfly?”

Minseok is getting nervous, “Uhh... What butterfly?”

“Butterfly! Butterflies who can enter Noex?!” the younger boy covered his face in frustration, then suddenly straightens his back and glared at the boy in front of him, “Okay, you know what, I'm just gonna find out myself.”

“Oh, well—YOU WHAT?!”

Before Minseok can even get a grip at the situation, Sehun's hands has been traveling to his uniform's collars, “I heard from the guys in the team you always wear a turtle-neck inside your jersey. Hell, I even saw you wear it once! In Summer! And with you always buttoning up you collar then you must be hiding something here!”

“Wait, wait, you can't just do this!” Minseok tried so hard to push Sehun, but the boy's pretty persistent, “I have nothing to hide!”

“Just—Let me see!” Even though Sehun's right hand was pushed and gripped by the older boy, his left hand is still trying to open his collar, “Why are you buttoning your collar so tight?!”

“So it can't be opened by the likes of you!” the boy kept struggling, “Get. Off! Ack!”

Suddenly Minseok falls, Sehun's weight was too heavy for the boy. But with Minseok still holding his right hand, the younger boy got pulled. Thankfully, Sehun didn't fall on his upperclassmen, but good things doesn't come without a price. The white-haired boy's knee's did hold him so he wouldn't fall on the older boy—,

“OH MY GOD THE PAIN!”

—but who knows that holding a fall with your knees would hurt like hell?

“, are you okay—,”

“I am okay when I got to see your mark!” The pain in his knees didn't match the determination that Sehun has with Minseok's mark, “I know it's there! Just stay a little, wouldn't you—!”

“No, I don't—ACK DID YOU JUST KICKED MY SHIN?!”

“That's why I said stay a little! I just want to see—,”

“THERE'S NOTHING TO SEE—AND NOW YOU'RE STEPPING ON IT, DO YOU WANT TO BREAK MY SHIN OR WHAT?!,”

“Just a little more— Why are you holding my hands!”

“WHY WOULDN'T I HOLD YOUR HANDS IN THIS SITUATION?!”

“IF YOU JUST STAY AND STOP SHOUTING THIS SITUATION WILL END IN A MOMENT—AHA, SEE, THERE IT IS! YOU ARE A BUTTER—,”

The door suddenly opened.

“Minseok, you in here? I got Baekhyun with me—Oh sorry I didn't mean too interrupt...,”

Chanyeol, with a hand on the door, was standing on the classroom's entrance with Minseok and Sehun in front of him, in a misleading position which has Minseok under Sehun with his hands gripping the younger boy's wrists while the gripped hands were on Minseok's collar, complete with the older boy's top two three button opened.

If this wasn't him walking on someone who's trying to get 'some', Chanyeol doesn't know what it is.

Minseok quickly covered his butterfly mark, “No, Chanyeol, this isn't what it's look like!”

“Uhh, sure,” the tall, lanky boy slowly moved backwards and close the door, with Baekhyun behind him screaming “What happened inside” and Chanyeol's distancing footsteps with him saying “Minseok got a boyfriend”.

“See, now Chanyeol's got the wrong idea! He'll think I'm hooking up with the school's star!” Minseok groaned, “Now, get off me!”

“No, I have to make this as a proof to him first,” Sehun said as he reached for his phone, wanting to photograph Minseok's butterfly mark, “That way, you won't get into this situation again,”

“What—Who are you doing this for!?”

Grabbing their attention, suddenly the door was opened again, revealing Baekhyun with his panic expression, “MINSEOK DID YOU REALLY GOT A BOYFRIEND—,” 

Minseok and Sehun was still in the same position, but now much weirder with Sehun holding Minseok's hand with a phone facing the older boy's. An

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter