Chapter 3--Cold, Strong, Strange

Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minseok tightens his jacket.

It's almost twelve, and the night was cold. He's been in the station for god knows how long and Yixing and the others were nowhere in sight. Minseok thought that he might be the one who's mistaken about the place, but he has running around the place and still no one was in sight. He was really sure it's the right station, and he was actually scared that he got pranked.

Suddenly his phone ringed and he quickly opened it up.

Byun Bacon is calling.

“Baek? Where are—,”

“Minseok, where are you? It's almost 12 and everyone's already here!”

“Well, I'm here but I can see no one?!”

“Ugh, tell me where are you.”

“Uh, at the train station?”

“Minseok, we're at the gas station!”

“I though Yixing said train!”

“Just, come here quickly Minnie.”

“Don't call me Minnie, Baek—,”

Before Minseok even got to say anything, the latter had hung up. The chubby-cheeked boy sighed and quickly ran to the said station.

“Minseok is taking too long.”

The clock post in front of him stood tall, as it keeps making a ticking sound without one of it's arrows moving. The skies was dark, not a single butterfly was seen, and the temperature was dropping as Junmyeon's skin flushed into a paler color. The veins inside him has moving slowly due to the coldness, and he tried to warm himself by rubbing both of his palms, but it was useless nonetheless.

“Why is it so cold?” he keeps muttering under his breath as he pulled the sleeves of his white clothing, “It feels strange,”

The air surrounding him keeps thickening, even though the Empty itself didn't realize it. The city was getting darker, fluorescent light keeps flickering off and on. Junmyeon was reluctant to wait, but he worries that he leaves Minseok will come.

Suddenly there were sounds coming from his back, swishing and ransacking. Junmyeon slowly turned back, to find nothing. But when he turn back to front—,

“A-are you okay?”

—a strange looking Empty was right in front of him.

The Empty stood lankly, it's arms swishing back and his fingers cracking. Butterfly wings aren't glowing right anymore, and it's eyes was empty. No pupils, no familiar purple iris, just pure white glaring straight. Drips of saliva was pouring out from the corner of it's lips, sizzling when it comes in contact with the ground.

Junmyeon gulped.

The Empty screeches and lunged forward.

“Ugh, you finally made it in time,” Kris said as he glanced on his watch, “Quick, put on your earphones, the light's coming in a moment!”

Minseok scoffed as he puts on his earphones, with Baekhyun slipping his hands to the chubby-cheeked boy's jacket pocket, saying it was cold and his jacket doesn't have pockets. Sehun was just standing there with his pink earmuffs on (“What? It's cute!”) and Yixing is meddling with his tablet.

“Well, here it comes,” Kris said, the familiar fluorescent light coming towards them, “Put down your tablet, Yixing,”

“Yeah, yeah,” the said guy closed down his tabs and locked the said device, “You remember the way?”

“Of course,” the tall guy huffed, “Tao would kill me if I forgot again,”

The light finally came close to them, winds blowing through their hair, and the familiar ringing in their ears was drumming. The butterflies came through them, and when they finally opened their eyes, the familiar pink-purple fluorescent covered city came in view. The lights are blinding, but they get used to it eventually.

“So where do we go from here?” Sehun said as he took off his earmuffs. Kris scanned through his environment, swishing his head around the area. He finally saw the ninth-dimension portal's light beaming through, and he turned to his friends.

“I know where to go. Come on, follow me!”

“Welcome to the headquarters!”

Minseok and Baekhyun stared to the hidden cottage, apparently not expecting the building to be too simple.

An Empty with short hair, ash-colored and heavy eye bags was smiling at them brightly. His appearance was as normal as other Empty do—butterfly wings instead of ears, shining purple iris, see-through tattoos with swirling veins behind it, same monotone white clothing—but both Minseok and Baekhyun sensed a hint of scary aura emitting from him.

“This is Tao,” Kris patted the Empty's back hard to the point Tao screamed, “He might be scary but he's actually a pretty ball of fluff, so you don't need to be scared of him,”

“KRIS-GE, THAT HURTS!”

Baekhyun stared at the boy, “Ge?”

“Oh, I come from the Chinese area,” the Empty smiled, “I use a lot of their language!”

“Well, how about we continue the chat inside?” Sehun said as he shivered, “It's freaking cold here!”

“Fine, fine, let's go in—,”

Suddenly a crash was heard and all of them turned their back, to see the wall of the building in front of them cracked and cloud of ashes was swirling there. The small boulder's of the wall dropped as a creature emerged from the ashes, a familiar purple light glowing from under the gray clouds and a cough was heard.

“What is wrong with you?!”

The creature finally stood, swishing his brown hair as his butterfly wings on his ears flutter frantically. There was blue liquid flowing down through his temple, and staining his white clothing. He squinted his eyes as the liquid went down his eyes. His lips was slightly bruised, showing a purplish color. The Empty slightly limped and he holds on to the wall behind him

The Empty was frighteningly familiar to a certain boy.

“Junmyeon!” Minseok shout

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter