Not again

Thief in the night

~Normal p.o.v. again~

 

"Onew, give me a beer." Minho grumbled.

"Coming right away!" Onew replied from somewhere in the cafe.

Minho sighed, placing his face in his hands. He was reviewing what happend last night, but everything seemd.. vague. It wasn't right, something was off. But he didn't know what. He had spent almost the whole day cracking his brains over it, but couldn't put his finger on it. So he went to SM cafe, the one where Onew works, to take a break. 

But it wasn't quite helping. It was way too noisy. 

"Here's your beer." Onew popped up, putting a glass of beer on Minho's table. 

"Thanks."

"It isn't really like you to drink, though. Is something bothering you?" 

"Actually, yes. It's about work." Minho sighed deeply.

"Want a listening ear? Don't worry, I won't spill any important info to anyone." Onew reassured him.

"..If you have time, then it would be great." Minho replied with a small smile. Onew had been a good friend of him since a long time. He was always there for them when he was in a pinch. Even though Onew might not seem like it, he's actually wise. And he had a gift; he knew people. He always knew when someone was sad or happy. Minho had even offered him a position in his detective team, but he had refused. Something about how his clumsiness would get in the way.

Onew sat down and smiled warmly at Minho.

"Spill the beans."

"Well, last night we went to some mansion and met Ace again. Taemin went too. But.. something doesn't feel right."

"Define something."

"I don't know." Minho sighed. "It's just a gut feeling." he furrowed his brows.

"I see." Onew said, eyes locking with Minho. "Most of the time, gut feelings are true. Have you really no idea what that 'something' is?"

Minho shifted a bit in his seat, thinking about last night's events. 

"Well... This might sound weird, but.. I think it wasn't really Ace." He had been thinking a lot about this. Normally, Ace was quick. Ace never left obvious traces, was always done before they even caught up, cleaned up any trace of him perfectly. Yet he wasn't as neat last night. Minho had caught him redhanded. Yes, Ace indeed got away through some secret passage probably, but if that wasn't there... He could have caught Ace. Ace would have never been that careless. 

Onew's eyes widened. "Why do you think that? You saw him, didn't you?" He asked, surprised.

"Yes, but somehow, his behavior was different from usual. He wasn't as careful and quick as he first was."

Onew stayed silent.

"Maybe.. It was a different person."

Onew frowned.

"Are you sure of that?"

"Not really, since I don't have concrete proof. But I am sure that something was odd."

"Well," Onew stood up. "I need to get back to work again. Good luck, Minho, I'm sure you can figure it out." He smiled, and then went back to work.

 

But in the moment that he stood up and walked away, Minho noticed a something behind Onew's ear. Since when did he had a tattoo..? Minho decided to shrug it off.

 


 

Minho went home and dropped himself on the couch. He was tired, he barely slept last night. His eyes slowly fluttered shut.

..But his short nap was soon interrupted by his doorbell.

Minho groaned. "Not now."

But his doorbell kept ringing. 

Minho sat up, frustrated. "Stop ringing my bell!" He got up and went to the door. Inside his head he complained and cursed a bit. He just wanted to sleep.

He opened the door.

 

There was no one. Minho looked down, to his doormat. A small note was lying there.

Well, this seemed familair.

Minho sighed and picked up the note.

 

Choi Minho,

12 o'clock, Cheongsom street 16, DTE Building.

Make sure you'll come, tonight is going to be fun.

Ace.

 

Minho stared at the note. He was going to strike so soon? Minho barely had time to review last night, and now Ace was going to strike again. 

Minho got his phone and called Jonghyun and Key.

 

 

 

A/N: short chapter is short

I'm sorry TT 

But in the next chapter the TRUTH will be revealed~