Third steal?

Thief in the night

Choi Minho,

12 o'clock, Cheongsom street 16, DTE Building.

Make sure you'll come, tonight is going to be fun.

Ace.

 

 

 

Minho sighed at the little note in his hands and then stared out of the car window. Currently, the three detectives were on their way to the DTE building, the place where Ace would strike tonight. 

Of course, Jonghyun had collected info about the place. DTE is one of the biggest entertaiment companies in Korea. The most famous idols heed from the DTE label. The CEO of DTE is said to be a genuis; both musically and economically wise. 'But what does Ace wants to steal from there? Money?' Minho thoughts. 'No, Ace isn't after money, although his steals sometimes seem a little random; from important documents to pretty diamonds. Just what do you want, Ace?'

"We're here." Key interrupted Minho's thoughts. 

Key stopped the car and the detective trio got out. They entered the DTE building. The building was huge. There was no doubt that this was one of the biggest entertaiment companies; the interior was very modern too. And it was so clean too, the floor seemed to be sparkling.

"So what now? Do we wait for Ace here?" Jonghyun asked while looking around.

Jonghyun's question was quickly answered by a beep of Minho's phone.

 

[ 1 new text message ]

 

From: unknown number

To: Choi Minho

We are waiting for you on the 25th floor.

 

Minho frowned. 'We are waiting for you? We? Is Ace not alone..? Was I right about Ace being different persons last time?'

"I got a text from an unkown number.. It might be from Ace. It says to go to the 25th floor." Minho said to Jonghyun and Key. 

"A text message, huh? That's new. Let's go then." Jonghyun said, making his way to the elevator. Key and Minho followed him. Key pressed the button for the 25th floor and the elevator's doors closed. Some idol song softly played in the background. 

Minho was quickly lost in thoughts again. He thought back of this afternoon, of the conversation he had with Onew.


"Well... This might sound weird, but.. I think it wasn't really Ace." He had been thinking a lot about this. Normally, Ace was quick. Ace never left obvious traces, was always done before they even caught up, cleaned up any trace of him perfectly. Yet he wasn't as neat last night. Minho had caught him redhanded. 

Onew's eyes widened. "Why do you think that? You saw him, didn't you?" He asked, surprised.

"Yes, but somehow, his behavior was different from usual. He wasn't as careful and quick as he first was."

Onew stayed silent.

"Maybe.. It was a different person."

"Are you sure of that?"

"Not really, since I don't have concrete proof. But I am sure that something was odd."


and the text message Minho just received seemed to confirm this. 'We are waiting for you. We. So who exactly was 'we'? If 'Ace' really were two different persons, then would the both of them be waiting for him now? Or maybe there are even more then two. And who was the one that just texted? Usually, 'Ace' wrote him little notes, 'Ace' had never texted him before. Is that more evidence that 'Ace' is two persons..? No, I need more proof..'

"Jonghyun, do you know a hacker by any chance?" Minho asked.

"Huh? A hacker? Why do you need one?" Althought he seemed confused, Jonghyun grabbed his phone anyway, ready to text one of his connections.

"I was just thinking of something. Ace left me notes in front of my door, maybe the security cameras caught him. And I also want to trace the number that texted me just now." Minho answered. 

"Yes, that's a good idea." Key hummed. Jonghyun nodded, his fingers busy typing.

"I'm on it."

"Thanks, Jonghyun."

 

Ping. The elevator arrived at the 25th floor.  The three got out of the elevator. The 25th floor was filled with training rooms, seemingly for dancing. It was very quit, though. Most of the training rooms were dark; a sign that no one was currently using them. Except for one. At the end of the hall, there was one training room that was lit. 

Minho's phone beeped again.

[ 1 new text message ]

 

From: unkown number

To: Choi Minho

You should go in there. 

 

Minho's brows knitted and he quickly looked around. Was somebody watching them? 

"What does it say?" Key asked Minho.

"It says.. that we should go to that room, the one with the lights on," then he added in a lower voice; "I think we're being watched."

Key and Jonghyun were alarmed. Key's eyes darted everywhere.

"Hm, there are a lot of security cameras here.. Do you think they broke into the security room? And are watching us from there?" Key asked, in a soft voice.

"Yes, that may be it. Anyways, let's be careful and alert. We should go to that room now." Minho said and walked toward the room. Key and Jonghyun trailed behind, with Key still checking for hidden carmera's. Jonghyun still had his phone, frantically texting someone of his connections probably.

They made their way to the training room with the lights on. Even though the lights were on, the room was quiet. It didn't seem like some idol was practising in there. Minho reached for the doorknob. There was an electric lock on it, but the green light signed that the door was unlocked. He breathed in. 

And then opened the door. 

 

 

 

 

The room was empty. 

 

Minho, Jonghyun and Key stepped in the room. The light flickered. 

"..Seems like an ordinary training room. Were we phished?" Key wondered. 

"No, wait.. There's somthing in the corner." Jonghyun pointed to the back of the room.

They made their way to the corner of the training room. Indeed, there was something, but it wasn't really something special. A pile of neatly folded clothes. And shoes. 

"Did someone forgot them?" Jonghyun asked. 

Minho sighed and looked at his phone. No new messages.

"I think we got phished. Maybe they wanted to distract us." he said. 

"Yeah I think so too. Let's go." agreed Key, and he walked back to the door. 

 

"Hm?"

"Something wrong?" Jonghyun asked Key.

 

"The door.. It won't open." Key answered, twisting the doorknob again. 

Minho frowned and tried to open the door too, but it wouldn't budge. The green light on the electric lock had turned red. "What.." he muttered. 

 

They had been locked in. 

 

 

 

Beep.

 

 

[ 1 new text message ]

From: unkown number

To: Choi Minho

You can't leave the room yet. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: lol sorry for the late update. It's been literally almost a year. I hope you enjoy it though!