Day after

Thief in the night

Minho yawned as he entered the kitchen, where Key was making breakfast. “Good morning.” He greeted. “What are you making?” he sniffed, it smelled delicious. Key was the best at cooking. “Good morning, it’s my secret recipe so I won’t tell you. Is that dino still asleep?” Key asked, completely focused on his cooking. As if on cue, the “dino” walked in. Jonghyun yawned and rubbed his eyes. “Good morning.” He mumbled.

“Great timing, breakfast is ready.” Key said, placing a pan of waffles on the table. Minho and Jonghyun both sat down. Key the TV and then sat down too, starting his meal. The attention of the three was now focused on food and TV. There was a news broadcast currently going on.

 

“….And so Mr. Kim’s dark business was revealed. A top criminal, who goes by the name Ace, stole important documents about this matter. The documents are suspected to contain top secret information about Mr. Kim’s illegal business. The police, together with detective Choi Minho are currently searching for Ace.”

 

 

“Wow, they mentioned us.” Key said, stuffing a waffle in his mouth. Minho nodded, grabbing some more waffles. Jonghyun just stared at the TV.

“Why though?” Jonghyun asked.

“What do you mean, why?” Key replied. “We are officially on the case, and we were there too. We deserve the spotlight too.”

Jonghyun blinked.

“We were there?”

Now Key and Minho stopped eating and looked at each other, then at Jonghyun.

“You don’t remember?” Key asked. Jonghyun shook his head.

Suddenly images of Jonghyun's texts of yesterday flashed in Minho's mind. He remembered what Jonghyun had texted him before.

 

Before the Ace steals something, he sents a notice beforehand that says where and what he’s gonna steal that night. After he steals he disappears, leaving no trace, literally. People he robbed can’t seem to remember anything from it. That’s all, there isn’t much to find on him but we’ll figure out ;)

 

“It must have been the smoke.” Minho said, thinking about last night. “There was probably sleeping gas in, which causes people not to rember anything. Jonghyun was affected by the smoke, Key and I not.”

“Although sleeping gas has only 50% chance of memory lost, right? So not every victim of the Ace should have lost their memory.”

Jonghyun was quite confused now, while Key was nodding.

“So that means there must be a victim that stills remember it somewhere.”

“Yes, we should search for that person.”

“Uh? So what excactly happend last night..?” Jonghyun asked still confused, his eyes wide.

 


 

After they explained what happend to Jonghyun the three were making up plans to catch Ace. Now that they had seen him once, they could maybe find out things about Ace. Minho scribbled down everything they knew so far.

 

  • Ace sents a note before he steals
  • Ace uses riddles in his notices
  • Ace appears at night
  • Ace uses sleeping gas to wipe the memories of the victim
  • Ace was heavily clothed; it was unable to see his face

 

It wasn’t much, but at least they know the basics. The puzzle pieces will fall in their places later. That was Minho’s motto: everything can be solved. So this myestery of Ace can be too. 

"First, we should focus on Ace's methods. How did he yesterday sneak into the house without us noticing? Did he plan out everything? And so on." Minho said. "So let's keep our eyes open. Every little thing could be some clue. Next time he steals something, we should focus on observing closely."

Key and Jonghyun agreed. 

"I'll use my connections to search for victims that can remember something." Jonghyun said, phone already in his hand.

Minho nodded. "Key, have you seen anything suspicious last night? Or something that caught your eye?" he asked.

Key tapped his chin, thinking. 

"Well, there was--"

 

Key was cut off by the sound of the door bell. He rolled his eyes. 

"Who's that?" Jonghyun asked.

Minho's eyes widened. He quickly glanced at the clock. "It's Taemin, I promised to meet up with him today." he sighed. Minho stood up to open the door.

"Well, we can do this later too. I needed to get a new haircut anyway." Key said as he stood up too, Jonghyun following him.

 

"Hello, hyung!" Taemin greeted happily when Minho opened the door. Minho greeted back. "Come in." he gestured. Taemin hopped into his appartement, also greeting Jonghyun and Key. "Hello Key and Jonghyun!" He waved to them, but then realized something. "Oh.. Were you doing detective business? Am I interrupting? ..Should I come back later?" 

"No, no, it's okay," Key reassured Taemin, patting him. "we're done anyway." 

"Have fun kiddo." Jonghyun grinned, also patting Taemin.

"Oh.. Thanks!" Taemin smiled brightly.

Ah, this kid.. Minho thought, smiling at the younger boy's cuteness.

 

"Well, we're going. See you later Minho!" Jonghyun said his goodbye. Key just waved and then they left together.

Now Taemin and Minho were alone.

 

 

"So what are we going to do, hyung?"

 

 

 

 

A/N: it's 2min time