Zero

Thief in the night

“Have you heard it? The Ace striked again! This time he stole a very expensive diamond!”

A group of girls said. “Ehh, no way! Again?!” A girl cried. The girls let out a few ‘ooo’s and ‘aaa’s, chatting among themselves.

 

Minho was sitting at the table next to him with his friends, picking up their conversation. “The Ace, huh?” said Jonghyun amused. “That guy is kind of overrated.” Key sighed, rolling his eyes. Minho chuckled and sipped his drink. “Well, even though he’s overrated his techniques aren’t quite that bad.” Jonghyun hummed, agreeing with him.

Suddenly a newspaper was slammed on the table.

“Choi Minho, look at this!” a voice said in a demanding tone. Minho looked up, it was Onew, with Taemin standing behind him smiling sheepishly. “Hello to you too, Onew.” Key mumbled. Taemin greeted everyone softly and sat down next to Minho. Minho took the newspaper and read it.

 

‘Ace’ again!: the Cube diamond stolen

 

“Ah, you’re late hyung. We were just talking about that Ace guy.” Minho responded, laying the newspaper back on the table. Onew now took a seat too. He squeezed himself between Jonghyun and Key. “Why are you getting so worked up about the Ace?” Jonghyun asked Onew.

“Because it’s strange! How can someone steal so many things and not get caught? The things he steal are pretty important too.” Onew huffed. “So what are you gonna do about it?” Key asked in an annoyed tone. “It’s not like you can catch thiefs with that Onew condition.” Onew hit him for that. The others laughed.

Again Onew cleared his troat. “Well, I was planning to do something though.”

All the eyes were now looking at him. Onew turned to Minho. “Actually, not me but Minho. I was thinking maybe you could catch him. You know, you’re Korea’s number 1 detective.” Smirking at him. There fell a short silence. “If you can catch him, that would be great. Imagine all the praise you’ll get… And money, fame, girls, maybe a certificate to hang above your bed.” Jonghyun smiled, imganing all kind of things in his head. All of them seemed to agree. “But wouldn’t it be kind of dangerous?” Key spoke up. “I mean, what if he shoots you or something.” Now Taemin spoke up. “Ace never did those kind of things. He has never hurt anyone.” Minho nodded. “And besides, I’ve done things that were a lot more dangerous. I’m not easy to kill, you know?” He smirked to Key. Onew’s eyes glinstered. “So you’ll do it?” he said, clasping Minho’s hands in his, giving his cutest puppy eyes. “Fine. It’s not like I have anything better to do anyways.” Minho replied. Onew cheered, and soon the others joined him. “If Minho’s on the case it will surely work out!” they exclaimed.

Minho then felt a tug on his shirt. “Hmm? Something wrong Taemin?” he asked the younger boy who’s sitting next to him. “You’re really going to do it?” he asked. Minho smiled and ruffled his hair. “Yep.” Pinching the apple of his cheek lightly. Aish, this kid was so cute. Taemin smiled brightly at him. “Good luck, hyung! Fighting!”

Smiling Minho made a call to the president of South-Korea. He had connections, thanks to Jonghyun.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Choi Minho here. I just wanted to say that I'm going to catch Ace. Please don't let police officers get in my way and provide me with all the information I need."

 

 

 

A/N: Sorry short chapter. This was just a small story of how it began. The next chapters will be waaayy longer.