Across The Sky

Always Be Mine

Carry on from last chapter

-Luhan-

"Minseok is doubting you, you need to speed things up." Kai spoke as he shoved fries in his mouth. 

"What?"

"Kyungsoo just texted me, he's worried about your guys relationship. He thought you were messing with him. Kyungsoo talked to him though."

"What did he say?" I raise my eyebrow. 

"Oh just some things you don't need to worry about. They'll be back soon, so let's continue with what we were talking about. Ask him today."

"I think it's too late to ask him, I mean it's this week, and I might surprise him."

"What, so you're just going to sit and home and do nothing. I mean even your brother is going, seriously."

"Wait, Tao is going?"

"If you weren't so busy moping around all the time, you would have realized that Sehun asked him to go to the dance with him. You know the brother that never leaves the house, yeah, he's going, and you're not?"

"It's easy for you, you're already dating Kyungsoo." I lightly shove him and he smirks at me. 

"Yeah, but Sehun had the guts to ask Tao." I sigh and look at him. 

"Fine, after school?"

"Sounds good to me, now shut up cause they're coming back." 

I continue to eat my lunch, and Kai moves to the other side of the table. Kyungsoo and Minseok approach the table. The two lovebirds share a kiss and I make a face at them, earning a glare from Kai. I look over at Minseok who is staring at them with awe. I ruffle his hair, he looks up at me and smiles. Kai clears his throat gaining both of our attentions. 

"So Minseok, are you going to the dance?" I see Minseok and shake his head. 

"I really wanted to go, but I don't have money for a ticket or suit, so I can't go anymore." I look at him sadly. 

"How about you Luhan?"

"I'm hoping." I say in a small voice, hopefully no one will hear me in the loud lunch room. Until I remember it's Kai. 

"Oh, got someone special in mind?"

"Well, I, uhm."

"Are you going to ask today, it might be to late?"

"I mean yeah, and well-"

"So who is it?" Kai smirks and I abruptly stand up. 

"I need to use the restroom." My cheeks are on fire as I rush to the bathroom. 

I walk in, and thank goodness it is empty. I splash water on my face and look in the mirror. Stupid Kai, he knows I'm going to ask today, why does he have to make it so obvious. He's probably laughing right now. 

I walk back in the lunchroom to see them all talking and I take my seat next to Minseok back. 

"Are you okay?" Minseok looks up at me. I nod. 

"So Luhan?"

"Shut up, please. I said I will do it." He gladly shuts up with a smirk on his face and two confused boys looking at me. I only flash them a nervous smile and then continue eating. 

The bell rings and I gladly get up to get away from big mouth Kai. Minseok follows me to my locker. I open it up to put my books away, but instead a bunch of letters fall out. I pick them up and shove them in my bag knowing they are all invitations to go to the dance with them. Which I will kindly reject all of them. 

"Are you going to read those?" Minseok ask tilting his head. 

"Yeah, I usually do, I usually kindly reject them after. I feel bad they take all this time writing these knowing I will probably reject them." I sigh, I close my locker and start walking to music class, Minseok right next to me. 

"What if the person you want to ask to the dance wrote you a letter and put it in your locker, you won't reject them, will you?" I stop in my tracks and then continue to walk. 

"No, but I doubt he, I mean they will." He only nods and we continue to class. 

-Minseok-

I stare at Luhan for most of the class period. Not really paying attention to the teacher speaking about the history of music. Who would be asking. I mean, I'm guessing it's a he, because he gave it away basically and kyungsoo told me, but who? If it was a girl I would have a better chance at finding out, but it's not. 

I look around the classroom, it could be a guy in this class, I mean he does love music. Maybe, what's his name? Chanyeol? I mean he's tall, he's pretty good looking, but he always has that puppy looking boy following him around. I snap out of it when I hear someone saying my name. 

"Hmm?"

"I said let's work together on this worksheet?"

"Oh yeah sure." We work together, by my mind is somewhere else the entire time. Just who?

I walk with him out of the classroom as soon as the bell rings. He said today, but he's been with me the whole time. 

"Luhan, I'm going to go." He turns his head around and looks at me. 

"Why?"

"Well, you see, uhm-"

"Okay, but meet me by the tree, you know our spot, in 15 minutes okay?"

"Okay?"

"See you soon!" I see him run off to his locker. He should probably go home with the boy he's asking, why is he telling me to wait? I shrug and go to my locker to put my stuff away. Tearing off the notes as usual, and ignoring those words from everybody. I close my locker and go to the tree and wait for Luhan. 

Maybe he wants to introduce him to me, then throw me away after? My mind wanders until I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and see him smiling wide at me. 

"Hello." He looks stunning, how did he get changed that quick. 

"Hi."

"Well you see, uhm." I look to see he is hiding something behind his back. 

"And you know, I was just wondering-" why does he seem so nervous, is he sick? Will he be okay?"

"I mean if you don't mind?"

"Are you okay?

"Will you go the dance with me!" He practically shouts in my ear, but I don't notice. I stare at him in disbelief as he holds a rose in front of me, and him looking at the ground. He couldn't have meant me, maybe I'm his last option. 

"I mean, it's okay if you don't want to you know, but I really wanted to go with you. Sorry if this is freaking you out, but could you please answer me." He looks at me with pleading eyes. 

"I-I don't have any money."

"Is that a yes?"

"I can't afford to go Luhan."

"So you'll go with me?"

"Luhan, seriously, I can't-"

"I'll pay, for everything, believe me, so you'll go with me?" He looks at me with pleading eyes, usually these events are expensive, but I really want to go with Luhan, I really do. 

"Okay, I'll go." His face instantly brightens up and he smiles at me. 

"Good, you'll go suit shopping with Kyungsoo and Sehun tomorrow is that fine. It'll be right after school so you'll be home around six." I stop at think. My parents won't be home until 7 from work. I smile and nod. 

"Sounds good."

"Great! Let's go home! He grabs my hand and starts to walk. I hesitate for a second, but slowly interlock my fingers into his, as all the bad thoughts about this leave my head. 

A/N

I kept my word and I have updated early this time. So the dance they are going to is homecoming, I hate that word so i just say dance. Hmm, so sehun did ask Tao, but just as a friend, for now lol. Okay but yeah. I don't know enjoy!

Also I was going through Luhan's Instagram, like I usually just like his recent photos and stuff. I decided to go farther and he still has the photo him and xiu took together and I almost cried. I miss them so much. 

Also there will be in the later chapters from the comments. That will be later though, but it will come.