Breaking norms.

Heart On The Line

Chae Won took a deep breath and tried to wrap her head around all of this madness. Had Geun Young completely lost her mind? It seemed rather so. She had no idea about Chae Won if she dared think for one second that Chae Won would be willing to share a room with this man, or any man for that matter, not even Jin Hyuk!

At least for Jin Hyuk, not yet. Or anytime soon.

"It's fine, I'll just go rent a hotel." Joong Ki said.

Rudely interrupted by his voice, Chae Won heaved a sigh, "Would you just shut your mouth for a sec--- wait what did you say?" She questioned as his words were unclear to her.

"I'll just go rent a place to stay for the night." he said working his way down the hallway towards the bedroom.

Chae Won paused for a moment and tried to process what he just said thoroughly, "I'll just go rent a place..." she mumbled his words to herself unconvincingly and rushed behind him just in case this was another one of his childish stunts that he was pulling and had actually plotted to lock her out of the room.

Joong Ki ped his suitcase that still hasn't been unpacked and pulled out a white t-shirt and a pair of shorts to sleep in for the night.

"Neat freak." Chae Won said annoyingly when she saw how neatly folded and aligned his apparels were.

Example 4 of getting on her bad side: Being a "neat freak".

She folded her arms across her chest and leaned against the side of the doorway just watching him gather his belongings. When he walked to the bathroom to grab his toiletries, she followed too, tiptoeing through the disgusting wet floor. Geun Young was not kidding when she said everywhere else was flooded.

She examined him and could not help but was irritated by his presence once more. Although quite frankly if she were ever questioned what it was about him that bugged her so much, she would not know the answer. It was just difficult to pinpoint exactly that very reason.

Her eyes went from the curly strands of his hair that fell over his forehead framing his face down to his eyes then worked from there down the bridge of his nose and to his lips. Her gaze fixated at his lips. They were just...

"I'm going, Chae Won-ah." Joong Ki said with a smirk which brought Chae Won right back to reality.

"Ya! Don't you dare call me by my name!" she warned again.

With his back facing her, he waved and disappeared and she heard the door shut.

"Wow he really wasn't kidding!" she scoffed to herself and walked to the bedroom closing it behind her.

+++

The dark heavy clouds of the night grumbled in the distance and droplets of rain followed shortly after. Tonight's storm was no different than any other summer storms in Seoul with thunder rolling across the sky and lightning striking at every corner.

Just as Joong Ki was pulling the covers over him to get comfortable, his mobile phone vibrated from the dresser table where he had set it when he settled into the hotel room. Kicking off the covers he worked his way toward it and noticed it was an incoming call from 'ice princess'. A smile subconsciously crept onto his face as his imagination roamed free trying to think of the reason she'd be calling him at this late hour.

"Yobo (Honey)," he teased, "saeyo."

Chae Won bit her lower lip and was going to give him a piece of her mind for his horse play but decided to just get straight to the point, "Ya, did you really go rent a place to stay for the night?"

"Eo (yes). Wae (why)?"

Chae Won let out a fake laugh and stuttered, "W-well," she paused, "Why would you do that? It's not like I tried to kick you out." When she didn't get a response, she spoke again, "Op-pa?" she forced out nearly choking.

Joong Ki laughed, sensing that this girl was definitely up to something.

Seeing that Joong Ki was not buying into her act, she cleared and intended to really get to the point, well sort of, "You can come back now. I know this is just another one of your games you like to play."

Joong Ki laughed, "Do you have anything to say? If not I'm hanging up. It's late and I am going to sleep."

"Ya, I said come back here!" Chae Won shouted in frustration.

"Do you miss me already?"

"You know what? Never mind. Suit yourself. Stay at some creepy hotel for all I care!" Chae Won quickly hung up.

Quite flustered at what just happened, Joong Ki pulled his phone from his ear, "Aish, this girl!"

Moments later Joong Ki's phone started buzzing again. He breathed a sigh of frustration being interrupted once more. This time is was Geun Young.

"Hello." he answered in a lethargic voice expressing his level of alertness.

"Oppa, where are you?!" she shouted over the crowd and loud music in the background.

Joong Ki parted his ear an inch away from the phone, "Geun Young, step outside, it's too loud I can't hear you."

"Okay hold on."

Joong Ki waited as the background noise faded into the distance with sounds of heavy rain drops gradually burying it completely.

"Oppa."

"Yes Geun Young?"

"Are you at home?"

"No."

"Where did you go?"

"I went to rent a place to stay for the night."

"No wonder!" Geun Young exclaimed. "Oppa you have to go home right now."

"Why?"

"Chae Won is deathly afraid of storms and cannot---"

"Wait, she's what?" Joong Ki chuckled.

"She blew up my phone and I was wondering why but since you're not at home, it has to be!" Geun Young explained, "Oppa please tell me you're going to go back home?"

"I booked the room already."

"Please oppa!" she whined, "If you don't, Chae Won will not leave me alone for the night. She is going to call me until I go home to her and I can't leave because we are very busy. Please?"

Joong Ki laughed, "What is she, a child?"

"I'm serious oppa. She cannot sleep by herself during a storm. She needs to feel a presence in the room with her. Been like that since I've known her."

"Well she is going to have to tonight. I'm not getting up out of here." Joong Ki said, quite amused at this new discover.

"Oppa!" Geun Young groaned, digging her hand into her roots and tugging at her hair expressing the state she's in. "Omo, she's calling again!"

"Geun Young-ah, get back to work. I'm hanging up."

"So you're really not going to go home?!"

"No."

"Aish!! You two are driving me crazy! What was I thinking when I decided to allow you both to live with me!" She shouted and hung up.

"Women." Joong Ki said to himself, shaking his head.

+++

What began as some typical winds and a dabbling of rain has built into the worst storm Chae Won can remember. She stayed hidden under the sheets with her phone in her hand, hanging up when Geun Young's phone directed her to voicemail only to dial for her again. She wasn't about to call Joong Ki again as it was crazy enough for her to even have called him in the first place.

She reminded herself that she was not going to stay in the same room with another man, who isn't even Jin Hyuk, and she was going to stay true to her words. At least if it was Jin Hyuk, maybe tonight would be the night she'd be willing to give in to his desires? Okay, this storm had turned her insane, insane enough to think of impossible things as such. She quickly shook the thoughts out of her head.

Speaking of Jin Hyuk, how would he feel if he found out she shared a room with another man when she absolutely refuses to share a room with him? Wait, a man? Who is she referring to as a man here? Joong Ki isn't a man. He is by far the last person she would ever see as a man!

Oh but about Jin Hyuk, she'd call him right now but since her arrival back to Seoul they  have yet come to terms with their quarrel over Chae Won not wanting to give herself entirely to him. By giving herself "entirely", apparently that meant giving her body to him. Why such an absurd meaning? She had no clue. Why can't the love she had for him be enough? Why must a man and a woman sleep together to fulfill the knots in their relationship? Does it even really? Or is it just some kind of bogus that this generation tries to sell for whatever reason she couldn't comprehend?

Just as Chae Won was lost in her thoughts, she felt a tug at her blanket. She threw the blanket off her head and found Joong Ki standing by the side of the bed.

"You okay?" He asked.

"You actually came." she said sounding more relieved than she wanted to.

Joong Ki laughed, "Wow Geun Young wasn't lying." he said looking at the mess Chae Won was, her sweaty hair glued to her face which hinted that she had been under the covers for quite some time now.

"Wow and you laugh?" Chae Won questioned, already irritated by him.

"It's kind of cute, actually." he pursed his lips together into a smile.

"Cute? What do you know?"

Joong Ki let out a yawn and lowered down to sit on the bed beside her.

"Ya, what are you doing?!"

"Oh that's right, on the floor?" He quickly stood back up.

She really did not want to give in to this but she thought about those few hours she'd been up and unable to sleep. Besides, to be fair to him, she did call him to come back. And then most importantly she does not see him as a man so it shouldn't be a crime and she shouldn't feel wronged towards Jin Hyuk oppa. "Yes, by the door, as far away from me as possible. In fact, it's better if I don't feel your presence."

"Ouch, is that any way to show gratitude towards your savior?"

Chae Won glared at him.

"Fine, understood. I'm going to use this pillow though." he said grabbing the pillow beside her. "I'll leave your sweaty blanket to yourself." he winked.

Chae Won looked at her blanket and couldn't deny that it was pretty gross. She bit her tongue to control herself from going off and threw herself back on the bed, kicking off the blanket and turned the opposite direction so she couldn't see him.

+++

About half an hour had gone by and Chae Won was still up wide awake tossing and turning in bed. Joong Ki seemed to have drifted off without a problem. She had hoped that with another person in the room, she'd be okay to fall asleep but it seemed like it was going to take more than that.

She reached over to turn on her lamp and sat up against the headboard. She ran her fingers through her hair to get the strands out of her face. Taking a deep breath she folded her arms across her chest. Having had no sleep at all, she was not only exhausted but irritated. Pretty much irritated by everything that came to mind from the tiny ticks of Geun Young's Hello Kitty clock that sat on the dresser in the other room to the movement of the curtains caused by gushing wind through the crack of the window, and most of all by Joong Ki who clearly had no trouble falling asleep.

She cursed him under her breath. As if that was not enough, she shouted aloud, "Ya!"

When Joong Ki did not wake up, Chae Won got even more furious and reacted as she pleased, grabbing her pillow from behind her and throwing it at him with all her might. This woke him up immediately, dumbfounded as to what was going on. His confused state caused Chae Won to chuckle silently to herself.

"What is going on?" he asked after fully recovering his consciousness.

"I can't sleep."

"You're kidding me. What time is it?"

"I don't know."

"Just try to sleep."

"What do you think I've been doing for the past hours?!"

"Well what do you want me to do?"

"I don't know. When I was at home, ahjumma would come and stay by my bedside until I fell asleep. And then Geun Young, well, she'd sleep with me on the bed."

"So you're expecting me to do one or the other?" he teased.

"No! I mean yes. Well no but---"

"But what?"

"I know I'm not anyone to ask you this but can you just stay nearby until I fall asleep?"

Joong Ki scoffed, "What happened to it being better that you don't feel my presence?"

"Would you just---never mind, fine, I'm sorry."

"So what? Want me to sit on the bed until you fall asleep?"

"What are you, crazy?!"

"Right, because Jin Hyuk oppa might not be too happy about it." he mocked her.

"Ya, do not bring him in!"

"Well tell me what you want me to do? I'm not about to sit on the floor and watch you until you sleep."

Chae Won took a deep breath. It was hard for her to give in but she was too desperate at this point that her mind was probably not in place, "Fine, you can sit on the bed. But don't you dare fall asleep! As soon as I fall asleep, you better return to your corner!" she warned.

"Wow you're always so good at telling people what to do."

"So are you going to do it or not?" she was losing patience.

"Fine, only because you're cute." he winked.

That was it! That was the reason Chae Won couldn't stand him. He was always so suave and confident and dared she admit, charming. Him and his stupid attractive voice saying his stupid tempting words, and his stupid attractive smile, and stupid attractive wink, and the way his stupid attractive hair fell over his stupid attractive face, and his stupid--

"Hello? Are you comfortable like this or should I sit further?" Joong Ki repeated, interrupting Chae Won's thoughts. He was seated on the opposite side of the bed.

"Just right there is fine!" she expressed in frustration and laid back down and turned the other way. "Better not fall asleep." she said in a yawn.

+++

The last remnants of Chae Won's dreams faded away and her lids blinked slowly gaining realization again. It was morning. After managing to open her eyes, she found herself staring into a beautiful face. Their noses nearly touched. Glistening milky skin, thick dark brows and flawless eyelashes was what was in front of her. She thought for a second whether it was a dream.

The lids of this perfect creature twitched and they slowly parted, revealing perfect set of eyes. Chae Won's eyes grew wide, frozen in position and her heart pounded heavily. She'd now realize this wasn't a dream and the person in front of her was Joong Ki. He was topless. How on earth was he topless?! Although her body couldn't move, she ran her hands on herself to quickly check if her clothes were on and they were. Phew.

They both managed to have crawled beneath one blanket and slept side by side for the night. Chae Won wanted to kick herself for letting this happen but all that really went through her head at this moment was, 'He. Is. Not. A. Man' repeatedly and her heart racing a thousand miles. Suddenly a loud screeching scream was heard from the bedroom door. They both turned around and saw Geun Young with her hands covering her eyes. Chae Won shrieked and kicked Joong Ki right off the bed.   


Hi All,

I hope you like this chapter. It's my first so I'm quite nervous. Show me some love, will ya? ^^ If you didn't notice, I changed a few things in the first few chapters to fit the direction I'm headed with the story. They're minor changes only but I recommend you re-read it. ^^ Thank you all for being patient and please continue to support me. ^^