Chapter 3- New School Transfer

My Lady Bulter

Chapter 3

At the time Kris got called over by his mother, he acted like absent-minded from the outset. And what will be reason of it? What do you guys think? Of course, the reason was related to her: Kim SoEun, and the socialize occasion that his parents put him on.

 

Kris’s POV

Tch, so bored! Umma, you knew that I was against fraternizing with you guys’ business partner. I would like to stay with Kim SoEun since I just served as a foil here. She looked like having so many funs over there with one of our maids.

Kim SoEun, that was not fair and unacceptable, don’t you know it? You were laughing so heartily without me as I bombarded with this so-called social . What have they done being that excited? I want to join them very much. It has been two years that I missed spending time with you.

Without you by my side, I always felt like less of something and it what I learned from this elopement how important you are to me.

Wu YiFan ah Wu YiFan, you were good for nothing! Even I was with my parents and some of their VIP guests, my eyes and mind were both with her. My eye just followed along with her moves until the time my mom going to make an announcement. Introducing me to the guests, I walked up to the small stage beside Umma and saw all the faces of the guests in a very clear vision.

They looked so young just like the age of SoEun and me, how could they become my parents’ guests? Questions began to fill my mind while listening to the speech made by my mother. At first, wearisome was the all I can have, but later I was completely flummoxed by her word.

What do you mean Umma? I need to transfer to other school? Why I don’t even heard a word from it? I don’t want to transfer, if I do so, how about Kim SoEun? It mean we need to be separated. Andwae, impossible! I won’t agree with it.

“Umma, what the heck about that announcement? I’d never said I want to transfer.” As soon as the announcement ended, I rushed to my mother and had a talk with her. Flashing my question, she asked to calm down myself and listened to her. But how can I? In such situation like this.

“I have discussed with your father, we both believed that you will be better off to attend ShinHwa High School rather than the current one.” I shook my head endlessly to show them my disapproval. You were totally wrong, Umma! I gonna be worst off if Kim SoEun not by my side. Wasting no time, I once again spoke up for myself.

“How about Kim SoEun? She will need to stay at the old school right! That’s impossible, I” In nervous rapid fire, I blurted out my main concern to my mom. Yet, someone cut me off in the middle of my sentence and gave me no chance to finish the whole thing. Sorry Umma, I was unable to accept your arrangement this time.

“Kris ah, I think you made some mistake here!” That voice, I turned around toward the sound of the voice as I realized it belong to my father. I saw him make his way to our direction as I frowned my eyebrow with his sentence. Knowing my doubts, he made his word clear enough to let me get it meaning as he stopped next to my mom and landed her arms around her waist.

“Your mother seems never said that!” Abeoji, are you trying to explain your words or confuse me more? My eyebrows frowned deeper and harder. Seeing my perplexed expression, my parents invariably led out some laughter.

“SoEun will come along with you. She used to take care of you in school time, how could we forget about it?” After their laughing, my mother first spoke to me instead of my father. Within a second, my frowned-eyebrow finally got relaxed and a smile spread on my face. No need to tell, my parents will found me like a fool right now. But I don’t care what they thinking about me.  Everything was not big deal as long as I can see Kim SoEun everyday.

“Not only this, Chanyeol and the others will also transfer to ShinHwa with you.” Now was my father’s turn to speak. However, I’m tempted to share this good news with Kim SoEun as quickly as possible. I remembered her astonished look after hearing the announcement from Umma. She might be shock about it. I excused myself to leave and went to find Kim SoEun’s figure hurriedly.

Making a left turn on the hallway, I brought myself back to the living room where the party still carrying on. I weaved through the crowd and searched for Kim SoEun. However, I found no trace of her figure around the crowd. Feeling anxious, I looked for her on every corner of the mansion and fortunately I bumped into her near to the garden porch.

“Gabjagi!” Having no expected to run into me, she yelped in surprise as she saw my face showing up in front of her. I rubbed her back and lowered my head to observe her expression and ease her panic. In the meantime, I questioned her whereabouts and she has not been alleviated, but became even more dread.

“Why you look so pale, but your cheek that pinkish?” I moved my right hand away from her back and brought it close to her face in order to check her body temperature so as to see if catch a fever. She took a step back to avoid my touch and spoke up.

“I’m fine! I just can’t stand the atmosphere in there, so went out for a stroll.” I nodded in understanding after the explanation from her. Suddenly, an idea of teasing ran through my head as I narrowed my eyes and looked at her from head to toe.

“If that the case, let me see any broken leg or arm from you!” My word successfully caught her attention. She gave me a sharp look and rise up a fist in which to hit me from my tease. Her performance put me to laugh as I dodged her attack as I turned my body to the right slightly. Quitting the horseplay, I got dizzy with success and forgot my purpose. I told her about the transfer thing and earned no reaction toward it that caused me lose my temper.

“Ya, Kim SoEun! What kind of reaction is that?” Hearing that good news, should’ve you be excited like me?

“Why should I? Transfer to a new school is for your own good, not me. Following you everywhere, not to be your beck and call or get bully by you.” She turned her nose up to the air as if to vent her discontent of me. I had to be outdone, and copied her actions and did the same thing as she does.

“Wu YiFan!” She shouted out my Chinese name, giving by my grandfather when she realized that I simulating her. In the meantime, she pouted and placed her hands on her hips, squared herself. Likewise, I followed her every single movement and irritated her even more in an amuse way. Knowing her very well, Kim SoEun hated people to imitate her actions, especially me. However, this was the most efficient way to get her back to the mood though I infuriated her a little every time by doing so. However, it gonna be worth seeing her smile or good mood afterward. And this evening ended in our imitation game.

-----------------------------------------------End of Kris’s POV-------------------------------------------

 

The next morning, the first signs of dawn appeared on the horizon. The alarm set inside SoEun’s room rang and woke her up from the dream. SoEun sat in her bed as she yawned and stretched her lazy body before washing up herself.

 

SoEun’s POV

After getting ready, I went out to the kitchen in which to prepare breakfast for the family. The butler and maid’s room were built on the south wing of the mansion. I walked through the hallway that connect the south wing to the house. I met MinJi on my way to the kitchen, and then we both went to work side by side.

As the meal was ready by 7 a.m., I left the maids to set up the table and I walked up to Kris’s room to wake him up. I knocked his room door and called his name by doing so; yet I realized this wouldn’t work out due to my past experience. However, I had to do this every time in advance to let him complaining and whining around if I just break in and enter the room as he said what if he was in his sleep or the middle of him dressing.

What a bad excuse! Will he wake up himself without getting yell by me? Thus, I will knock first and then get into his room directly after done with that nominal manner. As expected, he slept in his bed like a dead. I shook my head as I approached to the end of the bed where he had his head on and the feet pointing to the bedside.

“Wu YiFan, WAKE UP! IT’S TIME FOR YOU TO WAKE UP, IF YOU DON’T WAKE UP NOW, THEN DON’T BLAME ME FOR BEING LATE! IT’S NOT THE TIME WRONG SO STOP BLAMMING ON THE TIME AND WAKE UP” I cleared my throat to make preparations for my next job duties. Then I screamed at the top of my lung and launched into the daily speech. My roar successfully got response from Kris. He had his eyes closed and covered his ears with both of his hands annoyingly.

Seeing his expression, I completely ignored it and walked up to the wardrobe in order to get him the school uniform out for him. Hastily, I went into the bathroom and hung the uniform on the closet rod on the back of the bathroom door. Soon after, I exited the bathroom and gave out my last warning before leaving his room.

“Everything is ready, you have 15 minutes left!” The look of that half-asleep did not sympathetic me. I walked out the room after seeing him get off his bed. Master and Madam were dinning in as I got myself down the stairs. My legs got automatically walked up to the kitchen and took out Kris’s breakfast before him coming down.

Using only 10 minutes, he lazily joined his parents on the round dinner table. I poured him some apple juice as soon as he sat on the chair.

“SoEun ah, left the works to the others! You should’ve go to get change now, if not you guys will running late to class.” Suddenly, Kris’s father kindly reminded me in the halfway of serving Kris and them. I turned my body a bit to the right side and placed the apple juice jug back to the tray that holding by one of the maids as I nodded to Kris’s father with a smile on my face. I heard Kris’s voice resounded before going to put on my school uniform instead of the butler one.

“Hustling me like desperate, but still haven’t getting yourself ready!” His mockery words still rang in my ears as I went to my own room. Wu YiFan, just wait and see! Thoughts of revenge ran through my mind. I smirked once to myself secretly inside my heart.

-------------------------------------------End of SoEun's POV---------------------------------------------

Five cars stopped outside ShinHwa High School one by one, and car of the Wu Family was on the front of the line. Everyone gradually climbed out the car with a chip on his or her shoulders, except SoEun who walked behind Kris.

Kris stood in front of the entrance with his hand stuck in his pocket as he observed the school. Walking behind Kris, SoEun greeted the son of other families friendly.

“Good morning, everyone!”

“SoEun ah, good morning!” Chanyeol, Kai, Chen, Baekhyum, and Lay smiled back to SoEun as a return for her kindness. Soon after, Chanyeol walked up to Kris and bumped their fists together. Followed by that, Chen and the others approached Kris and did the same thing with Kris as Chanyeol instead of standard handshake.

“What should we do first now?” Baekhyun first spoke up while putting his left hand inside his uniform pant pocket like Kris.

“Since today is the first day we transfer, we should first report to the principal’s office. “ listening to SoEun’s words, they all head toward the principal’s office. The whole school was in a uproar as soon as they stepped into the school soil. All the girl students distracted by the appearances of the guy at the time they showed up.

After all the hustle and bustle, they finally made it to the principal’s office and reported for their attendances. Then, they were each assigned to different classrooms, which SoEun, Kris and Chanyeol were allocated to the same classroom, and each of them assigned to other classrooms in pairs separately.

“There are still time before class starts, what should we do next?” Leaving the principal’s office, Kai jumped out of the queue and walked backward asking their group.

“Kai si, I think you should be more careful walking backward like this, you would hit other.” SoEun nicely reminded Kai to pay attention to safety; otherwise it will hurt him and others.

“I want to check out the gymnastic here!” Kris said it to answer Kai’s question and led all of the to the gymnastic.

“Speaking of which, fortunately, we are two people at one classroom, or else I’ll be very lonely!” on their way to the gym, Baekhyun showed his satisfaction toward the allocation from the principal, which caused the others burst into laughter.

“Baekhyun ah, looks like feeling lonely can put you into great risk.” Chen’s sneer made them laughs more harder than before. In a twinkling, they all arrived to the gymnastic and some cheering reached to their ears. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Chapter End-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Park Chanyeol 

Have you guys ever heard about "The Tyranny of Smile"? Due to my family, I was trained to smile from an early age. And what could be reason behind it? Smiles are innate, why it need to be learned? I grew up being told that politness is a must, it supposed to keep smile in every occasion, included a dazzingly diverse array of situations. But I want to tell them that I'm a human being, and not a smile machine. I could'nt wear the smile on my face 24/7.  However, this idea got changed completely at my 7 year old birthday party. Someone told me that a happy smile can brings about a better-feeling mood. Put a smile on your face, even if don't feel like to, and try to keep smiling for about a minute and see if your mood shifts up a notch towards more happiness. Give a smile, then you will get a smile, which are the most happiness thing in this world.

Strength(s):smile

Weakness: smile