Chapter 1- Welcome Back, Mister Mister!

My Lady Bulter

Chapter 1

 

Kris POV:

Finally, the flight arrived to the Incheon Airport on it expected time. I walked down the hallway casually. Don’t ask why I have both of my hands free? Where is my luggage? Oh guys, who am I? Do I need to do such menial work? I already sent my stuff back to Korea beforehand.

 I took the secret exit and left the airport as I crawled into the exclusive Maserati sport car which standby outside the airport.

“Young master!” The driver of our house rushed to me at the time he saw my figure gradually toward him. So Eun and I used to call him ahjusshi rather than his name because So Eun that babo said that was much more intimate. He gave me a polite bow as he opened the door for me to get into our car.

“Em!” I responded to his salutation in a low tone. With my hand inside my pants pocket, I gently bent my quite tall figure so as to fit in the height of the car.

As I completely set myself down the beige leather seat, ahjusshi closed the door and got back to his driver seat.

The voice of the engine reverberated inside my ear. One moment later, he started the car to my returning home. My heart was beating like crazy as the car being closer, closer and closer to the destination. The heartbeat showed my excitement to the return with no doubt. What is the reason for that? No need to tell, you guys probably will know about it.

Kim So Eun, haven’t see your master’s face in a while, will you be a bit of missing this guy? While thinking of this ridiculous question, I found myself already near our home range. Likewise, ahjusshi jumped out the car as soon as we arrived to the villa and opened the door for me to exit.

“Here we are, young master!”

“………….” I made no reply to his words as I scanned my house after this two years leaving.

“We all missing your appearance, especially Madam!” Seeing my action, ahjusshi again spoke up to me.

“Really?” I’m glad to hear it from ahjusshi because I was wondering if she also the one included to the rank of “missing me”.

“Kim So Eun, that pabo, how about her?” I burst out my question without knowing. However, I didn’t afraid to talk about her in front of ahjusshi because he always do to cover up for our troubles when we were little. Rather to say that we were driver-and-master relationship, ahjusshi just like our elder friend.

So besides So Eun, ahjusshi will be the second closest people in this house than my parents.

“Of course, she as well.” Ahjusshi’s mouth curled up with a smile when he answered my question in a confident voice.

I didn’t issue a statement. Instead of that, a smile quickly showed up on my face.

“Let’s go in, everybody’s waiting for you a long time!” Ahjusshi put his hand on my back and slightly pushed me step forward to the door. “Or maybe someone that you’ve been waiting for inside.”

Following to ahjusshi’s words and encouragement, I lifted my feet and walked toward the door.  I always had a feeling that ahjusshi know something about my crush on So Eun, but he just chose to stay silent and wait for me to make some moves myself.

I rang the doorbell and within a second the door in front of me opened automatically. Behind the door, all our maids lined up into two lines and bowed to me as they saw my face.

“Mister, welcome home!” the old man who stand in the front on my left side, walked up to me with the polite greet. “It’s been a long time no seeing you.”

“Same here, long time no see, ahjusshi!” This was So Eun’s father, the head butler of this house. Having my eyes move away from So Eun’s dad, the face that I’m longing to see showed up on my right hand side.

“So Eun ah, do you think it’s appropriate to ignore the young master?” Ahjusshi turned his attention to SoEun as I did and said to her with a strict tone. “Where is your salute?”

“Yes, appa!” Facing the strictness from her father, SoEun still threw out her perfect smile and moved her sight to me. Now we ended up making eye contacts.

“Welcome back, mister!” Greeting me in her politeness, some weird feeling swirled in my mind and heart. I wanted her to call me by my name rather than ‘mister’. I don’t want to be your mister, don’t you know that?

Instead of giving out my response, I was keeping my eyes on her and waiting some more than those greeting. That’s it? Kim So Eun, you truly don’t have anything want to say to me beside that ‘welcome back’?!

Frowning my eyebrows with disappointment, I walked myself to my room angrily and left everybody behind.

“You must be tired, young master! Madam and Mister will be back before the party start.” I heard So Eun’s father’s voice echoed around the house. I didn’t turn back and just walked away. Kim So Eun, we haven’t see each other for two years, and you greeted me just like we are strangers!?

I stomped angrily up the stairs and slammed my room door as hard as to express my anger.

      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------End of Kris POV---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“So Eun ah, hurry up and prepare the stuff for tonight party!” SoEun’s appa commanded So Eun with his face turned to her after Kris leaving the living room.

“Yes, Appa! Everything’s ready, just wait for tonight to come!” As usual, So Eun brightened the mood with her sweet smile. Even though her father always treated her mostly like an apprentice than a daughter.

“Great, hope everything going well tonight!” SoEun’s appa nodded with satisfaction. “Madam said there will be an announcement to declare during the party.”

So Eun didn’t interrupt by asking why, she just nodded her head in understanding.

“Oh yeah, I need to go call the guests for confirmation. So Eun, you will take the charge.” SoEun’s appa gave out his last order and walked away.

 

So Eun POV:

Seeing Appa make his way to the room, I took a deep breath as I tilted my head to upstairs. Is he mad at me? For being polite? Two years passed, you still haven’t change a bit. I shoved my head as I moved my feet toward his room.

Standing in front of his room, I lifted my elbow and knocked his bedroom door for permission to enter.

“*knock**knock*” I knocked the door few times, but hearing no response inside the room. I have no intend to give up, I knocked the door once with a helpless smile across my face. Again in tantrums, aren’t you Kris ah?!

“Not open the door?! I’m off then!” The door opened behind my back as I pretended to turn around and leave.

“Who’d say that you can leave?” Kris’s voice resounded from the back with my expectation. I found his nervousness really interesting. I tried my best to hold back my laughter.

“But I knocked the door, you don’t let me to come in.” I turned around to Kris with my deadly serious expression.

“I thought it was someone else.” Kris explained to me about his action. Suddenly, he looked at me full of curiosity.

“You don’t have anything to say?”

“What do you want me to say?” I acted like a fool by saying so, still tried to not burst out a laugh as hard as possible.

“Ya, you seriously!?” I successfully ruffled Kris’s feathers by seeing his irritated face.

“Mister, let me help you unload your luggage!” Hearing footsteps coming near to our place, I immediately dragged Kris and myself inside his room.

I shut the door when we both got inside Kris’s bedroom as a relief sigh slip out from my lips.

“Why you look nervous about that moment before? Why sudden changes the topic without notice?” Kris had his face with a no clue look on my action.

“I was asking you about your attitude toward me just in a while ago. That’s the way you treating your master and old friend?” Kris ah, so now you admitting yourself as her master?!

“Don’t you hear footsteps coming near? I can’t let Appa seeing me be with you like these.” I explained myself to Kris in which to clear up his doubts.

“As you see, Appa doesn’t really like that we getting closer and crossing the line we are not supposed to.”

“So if that’s the point, I accepted it!” After listening to my explanation, Kris got his smile on his face which makes me feel kind of indissoluble.

“What’s that smile for? Aren’t you mad just a second before?” I narrowed my eyes on Kris as I questioning him even though I know the reason of it.

“None of your business!” Kris cleared his throat by making a cough. After that, he casts his eyes downward.

His performance made me realize that I’ve hit the point. I should’ve change the subject before something happened should not have happened.

“So how was your trip? “ By doing so, I asked him about his leaving for the two years. “Quietly leave for two years that has gone too far!”

“Then do you want to know why? Why that I leave Korea? Get out of here?” Suddenly, Kris’s face grew serious. He fixed his eyes on my direction and our eyes interlocked for the moment. An awkward silence filled the air.

 “You are my master; you do not need to be reported to me your whereabouts. Besides, you have your reasons. ” I grinned at him while saying my sentences just to break the awkwardness between us.  

“It seems nothing has changed! I’m here to make sure that you are not getting mad at me or something in the first place. I need to go back to work.” I immediately burst out the things in my mind without making any stops and rushed myself to the doorway. Then I went to the kitchen helped out for tonight’s party.

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------End of SoEun's POV---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Kris’s POV:

I rested myself on my bed unhappily. I rolled my body to the left side with my back facing the bedroom door. I felt like wafts of fresh jasmine fragrance greeting my nose.

OMG, that scent was so nostalgic. It just likes the smell of her hair. Does she help me to clean the room after I left? I can’t help myself and grabbed the blanket that nicely spread on my bed and the pillow also.  The same smell wafted out.

Just as I was pondering the kind of aroma, I heard some knocks on the door. That disturbance made me feel annoying, so I decided to ignore it.

However, the noise continuously reverberated from the outside and I heard SoEun’s voice came from outside. So she was the one who wants to come in, I was so stupid.

I hurried to get the door as fast as I can. Once the door has opened, I saw that familiar figure was about to leave the hallway.

“Who’d say that you can leave?” I coldly said it as her back facing me. SoEun stopped herself by walking away from me; she turned to face me right away.

I explained to her about why I am not open the door in the first place. God, how could I ignore her? That will never happen in my life. As my explanation ended, I fixed my eyes on her and asked her about the sudden appearance.

“What do you want me to say?” Gosh, is that all she’s going to say? Is she really not going to get close to me anymore?

“Aish!” I unintentionally led out my anger, but out of nowhere, SoEun dragged me and herself into my room as she saying something without any clue.

“Mister, let me help you unload your luggage!” What she trying to do? Unload my luggage? Shouldn’t they do it before I come back since I sent back my stuff few days ahead?

 I threw out my questions at the time we both got into my room alone, somehow in a irritate tone. I can’t resist the coldness and distance she put me in.

“Don’t you hear footsteps coming near? I can’t let Appa seeing me be with you like these.” Oh yeah, I can recalled how ahjusshi make SoEun to be polite in front of me when SoEun being trained as the butler.

“So if that the point, I accepted it!” Finding out the reason behind her indifferent attitude, a smile spread on my face unconsciously.

A minute later, SoEun broke the silence between us as she asking my past situation. She asked me about my trip in those two years, I truly want to tell her it was the worst journey ever because she was not by my side.

However, I don’t want to distress her and hurt our friendship now since she still doesn’t know my affection for her.

In this regard, I used a mild approach to try to get her to understand my real thoughts. Nevertheless, I’ve learned that there’s a necessary to go step by step for confession. Too hasty would be self-defeating.

Just two years ago, I’ve taken the first step, but still no progress?! Kim SoEun ah, you were seriously a burden to me. I endlessly threw a tantrum in the middle of the room as I my hair. I really don’t get you.

      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------End of Kris POV---------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Chapter End---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,  here is my first chapter of My lady bulter!!! Are you feel exciting?? while reading the story!!! hahaha, probably I'm too overreacting now!! What do you guys think about this fanfic? Do you guys like this POV format of the character part?! I want to know about you guys' opinion. Final is coming up now, So I need to start studying for it. Next time update will be coming soon, hope you guys will waiting for me!!! THANKS!!! *kiss*