Chapter 7- A New Rival

My Lady Bulter

Chapter 7: A New Rival

In the cafeteria, the scene played as SoEun expected minutes before. The first thing that she heard from Kris was his nagging about how long SoEun is gone for the drinks. Meanwhile, SoEun passing out the drinks to other members and she chose to ignore the annoyance created from Kris.

“You’ve been talking all the time, not feeling thirsty?" SoEun teased Kris for harping on her during the time she came back. SoEun handed the last drink inside her arms to Kris, which she found out that was not the juice that she bought for Kris as well as Kris.

Surprised, SoEun looked around the drinks that everyone drinking and discovered that the apple juice for Kris was nowhere to be seen. The one that I gave to Oh Sehun was the new one that I went back to the vending machine to get it for him. How can it be missed with no reason? 

“Kim SoEun, what are doing out there?” Not only SoEun, Kris also noticed the strangeness failure. Out of nowhere, somebody brought in a familiar object and drew the attention from SoEun and Kris. That was Sehun came to interrupt in order to give back SoEun the apple juice she dropped when she left.

“You dropped it outside the meadow while running back here.” Ignoring the query gaze from Kris, the attention of Sehun only focused on SoEun as he talked to her. More than that, a smile spread across Sehun simultaneously. After the small talk, Sehun began to thaw and make up his mind secretly.

It was quite baffling that Sehun came to them without a word. Lay, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kai and Chen who enjoyed their food, were totally distracted attention from Sehun’s presence, especially Kris.

The gaze from Sehun looking at Sehun aroused Kris’s desire for privatization. He snapped the drink from Sehun in a imperious way.

“Kim SoEun doesn’t like apple juice.” Kris’s behavior has a strong smell of gunpowder. Sehun showed no reaction toward it while being treated like an enemy and SoEun became the one who complaint about Kris’s action instead.

“WuYiFan, you have an attitude here.” SoEun sent Kris a dead glare and then she turned her head to Sehun as she apologized for Kris’s behavior.

“Sorry about that, he doesn’t really mean to it.” Sehun shook his head to show that he did not take it to heart. After that, Sehun excused himself with a smile and went to get his lunch.

“Kim SoEun, have you just been with him?” unable to resist anymore, Kris questioned about the stuff between SoEun and Sehun as soon as Sehun walked away.

“What? No, I just ran to him on the way back.” SoEun denied what Kris said and decided to not tell Kris about what happened not long ago in the schoolyard. It was his privacy affair after all. I am not sure if he wants anyone else know about it. My appearance already had been an accident to him.

“Don’t ever think to lie to me!” Kris shot a warning look to SoEun as soon as SoEun made her response. Yet, the warning in Kris’s voice was plain; thus, SoEun planned not to take his word serious.

“Yeah, yeah! Sit down and eat then.” SoEun completed the response in a perfunctory manner. After then, SoEun and Kris, the two who remain standing for the entire time, sat down and began to dig in.

By surprise, Sehun made his way back to where SoEun and Kris were with a tray on his hand. Shortly, Sehun put down the tray on top of the table and took the seat next to SoEun. Sehun once again became the focus of everyone’s attention in our table. SoEun stopped her movement from eating; her eyes glanced right to left. SoEun blinked with surprise when she looked at her right side, where Sehun at, and then she moved her sight to Kris, who sitting right in front of her.

Sensing the gaze, Sehun broadened a smile as he looked at SoEun. Sehun prepared to start eating his lunch as if nothing had happened. However, Kris’s voice interrupted Sehun:

“There are many seats not taken in the cafeteria, you are not welcome here.” Kris slapped his hand in front of Sehun’s lunch tray and produced a loud noise that drawing the attention from all the students’ inside the cafeteria who been having their lunch in a silent way.

“WuYiFan!” SoEun made a reaction right after seeing Kris’s action. She indirectly spoke up to stop Kris’s misconduct by calling out his Chinese full name.

“I am not here to pick a fight. I came to apologize for the backboard incident. Based on our own investigation, Luhan and I found out that the conspirator were the three members of our team; yet I was the creator from the outset. They did it out of spite for the defiance from you guys.”

Out of nowhere, Sehun boomed by giving the game away and took the responsibility for his teammates.

As the only one knowing the whole story, SoEun was staggered to find out this unexpected turn of event. According to what he just said, Kris and the others must distort the meaning of his word.

“What? You think that an apology can get you over this?” As expected, Kris vented his rage on Sehun by yelling at him. He seemed not to accept the apology from Sehun.

“We should have noticed that it was not an accident>” After Kris, Baekhyun jumped on in the hostile as well as the others.

“I said how could you guys be so readily accepted our challenge.” Chen became the third one making comment on the confession from Sehun. “Surely enough, you cannot judge a tree by its bark. Guys, we’re dealing with real scumbag here.”

“ Everyone, you guys had crossed the line. He is also kept in the dark from the whole thing.” The harsh comment made by Chen aroused SoEun’s empathy. Without thinking much, SoEun ended up to stick up for Sehun, which leading to Kris’ questioning.

“Kim SoEun, why do you back him up? Have you forgot about how you are in danger because of him?” Kris frowned his eyebrow with the improbable look on his face. Kim SoEun, are you been interested in him? It was not the first time that you helped him out.

“If he was behind it from the beginning, shouldn’t he insist on exchanging the court? In doing so, he would reap what he has sow, isn’t it? I hope everyone could stay calm and clearheaded rather than judge on the people.”

“On the contrary, he readily agreed to our request. Lay, what do you think about my analysis?” SoEun turned her head to her left hand side to seek for support from Lay who sitting next to her. Without reason, SoEun had a feeling that she might do Sehun justice.

“Em, I agree with what SoEun just said. If he really wants to do bad things, it is totally unnecessary for him to bring this up.” Lay used to be the fair-minded member out of the others having the same feeling as SoEun did. The word from Lay silenced his buddies and dragged them sinking into thoughts. Lay’s assistance earned a grateful smile from SoEun.

“Tell him who they are, I must teach them a good lesson for hurting Kim SoEun!” Knocking back to the reality, Kris asked Sehun about the identity of the mastermind after reflecting on what Lay said. The expression appeared on Kris’s face now should have noticed as warning.

“They’ve been kicked out from the team as punishment. I wish that you guys could let them off since they were just trying to do me favor by doing so. But if you guys are firmly held accountable, the revenge can be directed at me.” Once Sehun’s word rang out, he got all the eyes on him due to the astonishing response from Sehun. The loyalty of Sehun earned the admiration from all of them. Stunned into silence for seconds, SoEun shoot Kris a glare who sitting across her by implying him to say something.  

 “*cough* Now that they have been punished, then let it go at that.” Kris cleared his throat before speaking up. He was also a sensible person whatsoever. He disliked anyone who inflicting harm on all of his buddies and Kim SoEun. However, Sehun’s gut to take on responsibility for his teammates made Kris seeing some reflection on himself.

“Thank you for the cooperation! In this case, I have one more thing to ask for you guys to do me a favor.” Once again, Sehun’s word successfully attracted all the eyes. Everybody who was sitting on their table looked at Sehun with doubts, including SoEun. They all waited for Sehun to speak up again.

“I would like to invite you to join my team as the captain of the school basketball team.” Minutes later, seriousness was all you can heard from Sehun’s voice. His word did nothing but increased Kris’s and the others’ doubts instantly. The shared eye contacts before placing their eyes back on Sehun’s direction.

“What is the reason?” As the leader of the group, Kris became the first one who speaking up after all the shock announcement made from Sehun.

“The basketball skills and team spirits of all of you guys make it difficult for me to ignore. Instead of being enemy, it is better to become comrade if you guys are willing to. As you guys all know, we are now lacking players for the team.” Sincere sparkled in Sehun’s eyes.

“I could tell that you guys have the passion and interest in joining the team, if not I couldn’t find any reason for you guys to fling down a challenge.” Sehun tried his best to make attempts to let Kris accepting his invitation.

“Kris, what is in your mind?? If you say go, we will come.” Chanyeol turned to Kris and asked him about his thoughts. As usual, all of them followed on the heels on Kris since they’ve been good friends during childhood> Kris was also their decision maker.

“I’m in…” Deep in thoughts for a while, Kris made up his mind and accepted Sehun’s offer to join the school basketball team. It was a unchangeable fact that he was a little going against Sehun due to the incident happened previously to SoEun.

However, he cannot help whenever it came to basketball. What is more was his mind changed moments ago after knowing a little bit more of Sehun’s personality.  

“But in one condition!” Kris suddenly added some words to his sentence after a small pause. He once again brought up the topic about the leader issue, which had SoEun reacting against it.

“Oh no, Kris! Not that again!” SoEun spoke up to stop Kris’s thought about any competition for a more suitable and competent leader for the team.

“I’m not done yet! Show me your skills that could be able to convince me of your capability.” Kris refuted SoEun’s words and finished his sentence at once this time. His speech finally gained SoEun’s agreement and a satisfaction smile from her.

“*chuckle*” Instead of making any verbal responses, Sehun lifted the corner of his lips and let out a giggle. Now, all kinds of feelings welled up in Sehun’s heart. He felt relieved that he has getting his team some members after the quit. The basketball skill of Kris and his fellows admired Sehun, especially Kris. During that period, Kris became the model enemy of Sehun.

Alongside, Sehun placed his glance on Kris when everyone lowered their head enjoying their lunches with his lip curling up a little and saying something to himself secretly.

Kris Wu, it’s nice meeting you! I’m ready to match my strengths against yours. I’m looking forward to some fair duel in the future.   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Chapter End-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, how were you guys doing in this new year?! First update in 2017, I would like to update this chapter on 1/1/2017 to celebrate the new year and the event of SoEun receiving the award on SBS drama festival with you guys according to plan. However, I failed to do so because I was stucking on the writing and couldn't able to finish it till now. Therefore, I cannot wait to post and share it to you guys. I know it always being a long wait for me to update new chapter and interact with you guys. Hope you guys don't mind about it and enjoy this chapter. And please please please tell me about how you guys like this chapter and this ff story. I'm not sure should I continue this story or now, because I'm now losing some kind of ability and inspiration to produce the works for this story. Please tell me about it!!! Or else, I would try to focus on my other ff. Last but not least, Congratulation to SoEun and Jaerim winning the special acting awards on SBS festival...Great jobs to both of them even though I'm kind of losing interest on OGS, but still keep faith on SoEun and keep the great works. See ya *fly kisses*