Chapter 5- A Small War

My Lady Bulter

Chapter 5

Kris’s POV

“So you only feel pain on your ankle right?” The school doctor examined Kim SoEun’s ankle as he asked for her condition. SoEun nodded her head as respond. The doctor helped SoEun’s left ankle wrapping in a bandage.

“Seongsaeng-nim, please help her undergo a thorough check up to see if there’s any other injuries!” Whenever it came to Kim SoEun, I was always getting ahead of myself. The scene of the backboard fell from her side perturbed me a lot.

“Please don’t worry too much, she’s totally fine. For these days, do not walk too much as not to let the injury aggravated, got it!” After the sentence ended, the doctor left me and the other guys alone with Kim SoEun. All of us bowed to the doctor before him leaving the nurse room.

“Kim SoEun, you pabo ah? Do you know how dangerous that was it before?” As soon as the doctor was nowhere to be seen, I started to blame Kim SoEun for her reckless action as I looked like disgruntled. What if you miscalculated it? What if the backboard hit before you dodge it?

“That was just” Facing the blame from me, Kim SoEun would like to defend herself by telling me the reason of it; yet, her word got cut off by my voice.

“A gut instinct, right?” Here Kris found helpless toward her answer. If anything happened on you, there will be no way for me to turn a blind eye. Whenever you getting hurt, it will pain me more than you would be.

"SoEun was only helping a lame dog over a stile, why don’t you just forgive her once, Kris ah?!” Chanyeol got Kim SoEun’s back as he mediated the quarrel between Kim SoEun and me, it must be I was the only one getting into a huff in their eyes.

“As long as SoEun is safe, you can calm down yourself now, Kris ah!” Following after Chanyeol, Lay expressed out his thoughts just by helping Kim SoEun from my censure as he made attempt to pacify the tense atmosphere while I was simmering with rage of her reckless action.

“I think it’s almost time to class, why don’t you guys go back to class first, I will see you guys later!” Being silence for a while, Kim SoEun spoke up herself in which to change the subject to school and suggested us to leave the nurse room. We all took ourselves off from the nursing room with worry.

-----------------------------------------------End of Kris’s POV-----------------------------------------------

 

SoEun’s POV

After Kris and the other departure, I became the only one inside the empty nursing room. I turned my injured ankle side to side as I observed the condition of it. Meanwhile, I heard some footsteps coming closer and closer to the nurse room.

Without hesitation, that must be Kris coming back based on my intuition, then I spoke up before lifting up my head to the entrance.

“Wu Yi Fan, what do you want?’ Soon after, I craned my neck to look at him and yet I figured out the person that standing next to the bedside was not Kris as I predicted. More that what, there was not just one person coming in to visit, but two and they were Oh Sehun and Luhan.

As soon as their face coming into view, an awkward atmosphere dropped over us as it was uncivil of me to take in such unacceptable tone.

Right then, I cleared my throat to speak up once again in which to break the silence that surrounding the three of us. 

“I’m sorry about that, I thought it was Kris, the guy that” Before I could fully express myself, Oh Sehun interrupted me in the mid of my sentence. My eyebrows frowned a little as I looked into his eyes when he was talking.

“That’s alright! We should be the one apologizing, we just walk in without any notify.” Listening to the words from Oh Sehun, I shook my head in response.

I was wondering why, I’ve got the feeling that there was some emotion within it as the word ‘that’s fine” came out from him.

The voice of Oh Sehun reminded me of somebody. Searching the memory in secret, I finally recalled that was the voice I heard of once at the night of Kris's party. But I can't exactly tell he was that guys who embraced me that night due to the darkness.

He had the same deep voice as Kris, but I could tell that for sure that both share nothing in common other than that.

But I think it was just my preconception or something since he didn't seem like recognize me this morning. It probably yeah, that deep and muffle voice were not any unique trait of one.

Seeing the presences of Oh Sehun and Luhan surprised me indeed. It not like we were that closes with each other for both of them to pay me a visit in such situations like this. Or maybe Luhan was conscience-stricken by what just happened in the gymnastics earlier.

"Emmm, may I ask what bring you guys here?! I thought it was time to class now." I broke the awkward silence by asking their reason for the show up and Oh Sehun was the one answering my question.

"We still have 10 minutes passing period. So we are thinking of stopping by to see how was your leg, since we are the one who causing you injured after all."

"Ah, thanks for the concern. The school doctor said it just sprained ankle, not a severe injury. May need to rest for few days to recover. So you guys no need to worry like Kris, he was the jitter at probably anything."

"Don't overthink things! Who says we are worrying about you?!" According to the attitude of Luhan toward me, I can assume that he must be someone that impatient with heteroual. I remembered his reaction at the time that we fell down to the ground in close contact. What more, I don't think that I did anything that riling him before. Today was the first time that we ever met each other or maybe that provocation of Kris that stirred up trouble.

"If we got the chance to pick the court, such an accident won't be happened to me, and then your so-called help will be a waste motion."

"*Hiss*I was starting to wonder will it be any scheme behind that?! Why so insisted to exchange the court?"

Hold on a second, am I once again have hallucination?! Have I just misheard anything?! Does he means that the accident was planned by Kris?! You must be kidding me!?

"Pardon me, I don't really get your words. According to what you just said, you mean that we are intentionally at top of the incident?! The Kris that I know might be high handed for sometimes, yet, he is innocent of any undeniably. If you guys see the aggressive act from Kris as a provocation, you guys are more than welcome to turn him down."

"Other than that, it doesn't seems like a hair of your head be touched, and the one who now lying on the nurse room bed tell its own tale. If what you said is true, what's the point for me to run to you and put myself in danger since I was part of them from the outset like you said before?!" As Luhan blackened the good names of Kris and others, my subconscious brought me to defend against the wrongfully charge from them on the behalf of Kris. By courtesy, I tried my best to not mix with any inappropriate or impoliteness word in my sentence; yet, I've been successfully infuriated by Luhan's word apparently.

"It seems like there's no much time left for your guys to stay any longer. The school doctor exhorted me to rest more. I hope you guys are okay with walking yourself out." As soon as my sentence ended, I laid the pillow down and threw myself to bed without seeing them off. I turned my body to the door as footsteps became more and more far away. Shortly, my mind flied back to time when the accident happened. Is that really an incident or premeditation?! I can tell that Kris won't be the person of this plan on my honor?! However, who will be the conspirator?! And what was he/she up to?!

 

 

Two days later

Classroom

 

"Alright class, let start the class! But before that, Kim SoEun, the class meeting that you failed to attend this last two days, you are on your own to keep it up with the materials. However, since your reason for the absence was comprehensive, then I will become a jerk if I'm not make an exception."

"Yet, keep it in mind, do not expect me to do it again." Even though the tone sounded rude, but the beauty of human nature can be seen from everywhere.

"Oh Sehun, you are the class president. You have the responsibility to check on Kim SoEun be able to catch up with the class." At the time Oh Sehun's name mentioned, I uncontrollably took a glance at his direction. He showed his obedience to Mr. Lee and followed the command by nodding his head without any hesitation. By his forthright personality, I assumed that the so-called argument didn't bother him much.

"Okay, let flip your book to page 78."

During lunchtime, Oh Sehun walked to my desk and handed me his notes. Sharing the desk with Chanyeol si, the action of Oh Sehun caused both of us had our eyes turned to him. More than that, Kris made his way to our desk as soon as he saw Oh Sehun came near.

"Here are all the notes from the last two days lectures. If you have question, you will able to find in the gym after class."

"If Kim SoEun has any confusion, I'm right out here to help her out. So there will be no reason for you to bother anything, right Chanyeol?!"

"Of course!" Chanyeol jumped in to argument that brought up by Kris. Later on, Chanyeol casually rested his hand on my head.

"As a good desk mate, it's my duty to help. Am I right, SoEun ah?" Chanyeol bent his waist a bit to balance his eye level with me with a big smile across his face. The infection of Chaneyol's smile was hard to ignore. Cannot help, I just smiled back to Chanyeol instead of replying anything.

All of sudden, Luhan who been standing next to Sehun from the beginning, spoke up after staying silent for a while.

"I want to say that you guys been overthinking things. Who will cares about her progress?! If it's not because of Mr. Lee, we wouldn't bother to talk with her. Who do you think you are?" As the last sentence pronounced, Luhan stretched his arm to my direction and gave her a push. As a result, I stepped back a bit because of the sudden force.

"Kim SoEun!" "SoEun ah!" Kris and Chanyeol shouted out my name at once as soon as they witnessed me fallen back. Being the closer one next to me, Chanyeol reached out his arms for me to save me from falling.

At the same time, Kris rushed to my direction in pace immediately. As being treated like this, Luhan's action totally stirred up Kris's fury as he sharped his glance at Luhan and yelled.

"Ya, you"

"You guys seems like feel no apology for making our SoEun injury." Some familiar voice sounded from the direction of the classroom door, which cut off Kris from his talk. Since now was lunchtime, there were no other people inside the classroom, Kris and the rest turned all their heads to the sound and found out that was Baekhyun and the rest members from Kris group as they came to have lunch together with Kris.

With Lay, Chen and Kai following behind, Baekhyun walked up to Kris's side to back him up.

"Now what would you guys say if we found a way out of this?!" The tone of Baekhyun was full of hostility toward Sehun and Luhan, most likely to Luhan.

"Em, guys! It's not a big deal, I'm alright!" The flame of war was spreading. As a act of party, I decided to draw myself in to the war among the two groups of guys in front of me. Battle was not the only way to solve the problem.

"Kim SoEun, you'd better leave yourself out of this." Full of command, Kris told me to stay away from the mess in which to protect me from the worse that could be happened. He would never repeat the same mistake twice.

"Wu Yi Fan, we are here to study not make troubles. Chanyeol oppa!" I turned her head to the left side, where Chanyeol standing to seek for his help by winking at him. Smart as Chanyeol, he readily learned of my intention and dragged Baekhyun and the other guys out the room with the help of Lay.

"Everyone, you guys must be hungry, it's time for lunch. Let's go to the cafeteria!" I linked my arms with Kris and pulled him following the Chanyeol's footsteps without turning back my head.

----------------------------------------------End of SoEun’s POV-----------------------------------------------

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Chapter End-----------------------------------------------------------------------------