Chapter 5 : and Blow

Inter Duo
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 5: and Blow

What the hell was Hyukjae supposed to do? From what he could see there were two choices. Number one, admit whole heartedly to his feelings and attempt to confess to the guy he’d been crushing on for what felt like a lifetime or, number two, completely ignore it and avoid Donghae like the plague. The utter terror of having to admit his feelings was something he didn’t think he’d ever be ready for, forget about trying to explain the reasons for the constant beatings he’d forced the other to endure over the years or the crippling guilt he’d carry with him for the rest of his life.

To the scared teen the second option seemed the best, someone as pitiful and disgusting as him didn’t deserve Donghae and Donghae hadn’t done anything to deserve being dragged into such a depressing life. The only way the other would be happy would be without him, Hyukjae wasn’t even a small part of his life and as long as he didn’t get noticed by him, he could stay that way.

Luckily the only person Hyukjae dared to call friend was completely apathetic and oblivious to his situation, too absorbed in his own plans and too centred on getting his guy, that he didn’t notice his friend’s intense silences or sudden disinterest in a certain striker.

*

Rolling further into his warm duvet Donghae suddenly hit the floor with a thud and a groan. A startled Kyuhyun wriggled beneath him attempting to escape the body that had invaded his personal space.

“What the-” An innocent Donghae snuggling into his t-shirt cut Kyuhyun’s sentence short, he pushed against him trying to force the teen off.

“I ran out of bed,” Moaned the elder, his lip jutting out in a childish fashion. Plans of returning to the land of dreams were foiled by a sudden lack of pillow beneath his heavy head. Kyuhyun had escaped his clingy grasp and took over the empty mattress, “Damn, why’d you move?”

With a creak Kyuhyun was perched above his oblivious friend. An impish grin crept onto his face as he slowly lowered his hand to his friend’s forehead and with a harsh flick had the boy whining. He chuckled to himself and expertly dodged Donghae’s attempts at revenge, now he was fully awake and glad to see Donghae was in a good mood.

A comfortable silence filled the room as the two best friends lay content in the weak morning sun. Cold beams of light fought their way through the cracks in the blinds and allowed the occupants to see the outlines of familiar furniture. They’d spent countless days and nights in this room, every nook and cranny was filled with memories and happy times they’d shared since childhood.

Hours passed by filled with games and jokes, laughter and happiness permeated through the house and lifted any worries off their chests. As the sun began to set and darkness drew closer the excitement for the night ahead built. One of the more athletic girls in the school had a free house that weekend and had taken it upon herself to throw a party that just so happened to coincide with the football team’s victory.

Even with his bad leg Donghae wouldn’t miss it for the world but to Kyuhyun it was his definition of a bad idea. On his way out he brushed past Siwon who was there to pick up a limping Donghae , after a polite hello he continued on his way to meet Sungmin. Neither of them were into parties, Donghae understood and would happily to attend them alone or with fellow footballers.

“Ready to go?” A smiling Siwon was now stood in the entrance to Donghae’s bedroom, his arms casually crossed over his chest as he patiently waited for the latter, who was rushing around trying to find a shirt to put over his white V-neck. When he’d finally completed his outfit and oh so carefully tousled his hair he followed the taller boy out.

*

Not long after Hyukjae had arrived at the stranger’s Heechul had deserted him and disappeared upstairs. He shuffled his way around the small house’s downstairs; he observed teenagers kissing on the couch and the never ending game that was going on in the dining room, though he had no idea what they were playing. After a short spell in the kitchen, which he realised was way too a social place for him, he found himself in a dark corner with a beer in hand. Occasionally an already way too drunk classmate would approach him and attempt to start some sort of conversation before realising what a complete loser he was and leaving him alone again, which he didn’t blame them for.

When he’d drained the drops from the bottom of his can, he pushed himself off the secluded wall with a dissatisfied sigh. The beer was giving him a slight buzz which he had to admit was making the party more bearable and the ridiculous things going on around him began to make some sort of sense. Pushing through crowds of people he didn’t recognise he eventually made it to the breakfast bar that separated the main kitchen from a small eating area.

“Having a good time?” Hyukjae’s plans to keep his head low, get a beer and return to his corner were ruined by a curious voice. Slowly he raised his head to meet the speaker with a slight nod and grunt before going to take another beer. “I was hoping people would, pretty good turnout, don’t you think?” They spoke again edging Hyukjae to reply with more than a nod.

“Seems like it,” with a small glance around the room his gaze fell on the girl standing opposite him, “I’m assuming it’s your party, right?” He honestly felt awkward not knowing the hosts name but he’d been asked by Heechul, and everybody knew Heechul.

“Yeah,” The girl replied with a chuckle half focusing on mixing a couple of drinks, “I

Please log in to read the full chapter