Chapter 4 : Playing Dirty

Inter Duo
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 4: Playing Dirty

Hyukjae perched himself on the edge of Heechul’s bed, he watched the drama queen dance and twirl around the room, clothes scattered in every direction and a long silk scarf wrapped around his neck. He’d been doing this for over an hour ,he’d emptied his entire wardrobe searching for the perfect outfit (though Hyukjae doubted Siwon would even notice).

Soon enough Heechul had stripped out of his uniform, not caring that the younger was still in the room, and dressed himself in a lose t-shirt and black jeans, an old leather jacket slung over his shoulders. Finally he turned to Hyukjae, a mischievous grin on his face, “Now it’s your turn.”

After strongly protesting Hyukjae finally gave in, accepting the skinny jeans and baggy jumper thrown at him with a sigh, and headed to the bathroom to change. When he slipped his crumpled school shirt off his shoulders he stared at the purple and yellow blotches that stained his ribs, tarnishing his pale skin. Hurriedly, he slipped the striped jumper over his head and felt relieved when he was hidden. Finishing up by lining his eyes, he stepped out of the bathroom to be met by a squealing Heechul.

“You look great, not as good as me, but I knew those jeans would be perfect!” He fussed over his friend’s platinum hair, scrunching it and wiggling his fingers through it. “They make your bony little look decent, not as good as mine though.”

“Thanks?”

“Don’t mention it.” Heechul gave him a wink before leading the way out of the bedroom and towards the front door, slipping on boots and offering a similar pair to Hyukjae before they left.

When they arrived back at school the seats were already packed, which made it difficult for the pair to find a comfy spot. The front row was filled with bouncing cheerleaders who, unlike Heechul’s embarrassing imitation, were wearing uniforms to match the team colours. The back rows housed most of the teachers who were forced to attend the game, the seats between had a mixture of tired parents there to offer their sons support and girls screaming the players’ names.

Settling themselves amongst the crowd they patiently waited for the game to start, exchanging pointless banter over their drinks. The opposing team were positioned at the edge of the pitch, heads of hair bouncing as they jogged on the spot, the cold air nipping at their bare legs. Hyukjae wasn’t worried, he’d attended every practice and was confident they wouldn’t lose.

The game quickly kicked off, the ball flew around the field and the crowd could b

Please log in to read the full chapter