a bad joke

of glass hearts

Maybe it was fate, maybe it was a bad joke that some higher forces put on Kim Jinwoo. He hated the fact that he tried to suppress the thing that he is feeling so tightly in his chest, but it didn't go away.

And there's Seunghoon, laying on his bed, reading the bloody manga that he always hates, nonchalantly telling him: "If you really enjoy or really hate something, that's usually love." Jinwoo would pout at his band mate, his eyes giving such a mean look towards the younger man who once knew everything about him, but would eventually break further apart.

"Speak for yourself. There's nobody called Mino here."

"It's fact, dude." Seunghoon lazily responds. "I ing love and hate that idiot there's no doubt about it."

"And you would still lay here on my bed knowing he hates it?"

"Dude he doesn't own me. But you always kick the ball to me. How's hwangja going"?

"I don't think he's into me." Jinwoo shrugs. "If anything I feel like he might be into leader or even your dude."

"Oh piss off you have been reading too many fanfics stop it those ain't good for your health. You really think hwangja's gonna bottom for those fools?"

"He doesn't give off that real real masculine vibe either."

"Oh but he is."

"How do you know?"

"I hooked up with him once. Boy was good." Seunghoon casually responds and Jinwoo instantly turns around to look at him:

"Are you for real???"

"I am". He thinks for a bit. "We were drunk, but I'm pretty sure it was him."

"Jesus, Hoonie. I love how you casually screw my man like its nothing."

"Your man? Please. He ain't your man yet and he won't be if you don't move your and do something."

"Dude I'm not you. I don't know how to act in this stuff."

"Hyung if I got your face I'd screw the whole company im just saying."

Before Jinwoo can say anything, a voice raises from outside the door: "Maybe not the whole company. Only me is good enough."

 

It is Nam Taehyun who speaks.

 

 

Maybe it was fate, maybe it was a joke from higher forces wanting Jinwoo to doubt every of his foundational belief. But there is Nam Taehyun, casually walking into his room and shushing Seunghoon away: "Hyung I didn't ask you to be our matchmaker so you could sabotage me like that. Now go." Seunghoon shrugs as he picks up his things and leaves the room without even saying good bye.

 

And there they are, Nam Taehyun with his mischievous eyes looking at Jinwoo who is nervously playing with his own sleeves. "I heard you want me." The younger one would speak, and nothing could save Jinwoo from feeling like he wants to disappear from the earth forever.

 

Maybe it was fate. Maybe it was a joke. 

 

It is definitely a joke.

 

./.