unexpected us

of glass hearts

2. Mino ain't quite sure of what it is that they felt towards each other. There have been relationships, sure, but that day when Mino saw Seunghoon dancing for the first time, he didn't care that around him there were people and noises, all his senses were glued towards that slim figure moving places to places as if he transcended time. And for a moment, he swears, for a moment, the fragile guy did give him a look, a look that summarizes the whole world that he knows of, the same world that he was so ready to let go.

As for Seunghoon, the younger man represents everything that he is not. Charming, gorgeous, bright, talented (c'mon hyung, you are the most gorgeous and talented person that I have ever met), Mino captivated him with the strength of a storm, despite the effort he put on to look like he wasn't affected. Seunghoon loves the way that kid raps, his thick, low, colorful voice that flows like silk, wrapping around his ears like a lover's warm breath. He would spend hours hanging out with the kid in the studio to watch him make music, and the younger one would never be bothered by it. He himself too, would always stay with Seunghoon until late at night in the studio to make sure he never have to go home by himself. And when they walk home, maybe it's the Seoul autumn weather, maybe it is the silence of the night, maybe the darkness was too seductive, or maybe their fingers feel lonely in the pockets, Seunghoon would reach out his hand an inch too close to Mino's, and naturally, the younger one would interlock the older's with his. His long fingers with round fingernails slightly scratch Seunghoon's skin as he clutchs his hand. They would walk like that, for miles, passing by the boarding home, to a nearby park, and none of them would say anything.

Mino lets go of Seunghoon's hand when they reach the park and Seunghoon drops his bag to a chair. He pulls out his earpieces from his phone and play some music. And Mino instantly knows that this will lead to. Seunghoon is playing the song that he sampled from Cry me a river, the song Seunghoon said was his favorite. And when Seunghoon starts dancing, Mino walks towards to join him. Seunghoon quickly grabs his hand to lead him with the rhythm, and before he knows, the older one's body is pushed tightly against his body. Under his breath, Seunghoon would whisper, loud enough for Mino's heartbeats to skip a few.

"Why don't you sing for me?"

And Mino obeys. He would grab the older one' shoulder and look him straight in the eyes. He opens his lips and the lyrics, no matter how disorganized, flows out like a river and he keeps holding his breath because Seunghoon keeps getting close and closer as the eye contact never breaks. When the last words leave Minos mouth, it takes him less than a second to fill in the barely-a-gap distance between them. And Seunghoon keeps whispering under his breath in-between kisses:

"Ain't you rappers good with your tongue?"

./.