Let's Not

Bubblegum Heart

"I should've known it was a bad idea to come to this place" I mumbled as I try to rid of as much noticeable cat hair from my black shirt as I could. 

"Chanmi" I called out to the girl who was the cause to my problem,"Shouldn't you study first and then play with the cats?" She turned her attention to me then back to the cat briefly before sitting it down and making her way towards me and Yuna.

"Life would be so much easier if we both just shared the same English class" She sighed and slumped down in her chair lazily opening her notebook.

"If we both shared the same English class you would never learn anything" I sneered shooing a white fluffy cat away from me.

"Yeah..but I would have a high grade and everyone likes an A right?" Chanmi looked to Yuna who was actually studying for confirmation of her statement. I wish I could be as care free as Chanmi about her grades. I either didn't worry about them at all or I worried too much about them. Then there was Yuna who never seemed to struggle with her grades her lowest one being a mid B and that was an advanced class. 

"Where's the dignity in that?" I asked shifting through my bag to find my next subject to go over.

"Chanmi doesn't care about dignity she just wants the best with the least amount of effort" Yuna interrupted lifting her head from her book rubbing her eyes.

"Yuna unnie gets me, going about this way I never expect a lot so I'm never disappointed and do you think jobs care about a hard earned C? they just see the grade not the story behind it and they only care if you have an A or not." She pouted before huffing a large breath. She got up to find another cat to bring her happiness.

I tugged upwards at my lips understanding where Chanmi was coming from. I was spending thousands of dollars a year to get a job that wasn't even guaranteed to me. I didn't want to see her sulk around so I put down my pen and called out to her.

"I saw Hongki today he asked about you" I said with a slight tease in my voice.

"Really?" She asked holding the same white fluffy cat I shooed away. I nodded not saying what we talked about.

"What'd he ask about?" She steered on not trying to sound to excited.

"Just how you were doing and he asked if we were still going to his bands show." I twirled my pen "But I think he cared more about you showing up then us" I teased.

She tried to wave off the comment by saying he just wanted a lot of people to show up."Enough about me. What's going on between you and Jongsuk oppa" She looked over to Yuna who was closing her book.

"Nothing really , we were both casted for the same play I didn't make lead though" Her tone slightly dropped. Being the mood maker of the group. "But look at how many people you beat out for your role , you'll be making lead in no time" I encouraged giving her a thumbs up.

Deciding that we all reached our maximum limit of information we could absorb.I actually got time to take in the scenery of the cafe. It was a bit modern most things having some type of cat attraction. The food they served even has some connection whether it was whiskers, cat ears , or the word meow written. I looked around the cafe it wasn't busy but it had nice crowd ranging from high school kids to elders. Taking a sip of my now cold latte I felt odd for some reason I looked up to see two pairs of eyes staring at me. 

"What?" I asked not liking their stares.

"Who do you like JaeHwan?' Chanmi asked putting her hands on her face.

"Yeah, we never hear you talk about someone you like" Yuna joined in copying the same motions as the youngest one.

"I don't like anyone" I responded resuming to my latte again.

"Not even a crush?" Yuna pursued on.

I shook my head.

"What if she loves someone instead?" Chanmi turned to Yuna then back to me as if she cracked Da Vinci's code.

"I don't" I stated before they could elaborate on her idea.

"What about any previous relationships? we've known each other since the beginning of the school year and we hardly know anything personal about you." Yuna whined poking my cheek. I swatted her hand away and put my drink down seeing that I wasn't going to finish it anytime soon.

"That's because I've never had a relationship so there's nothing to talk about" I inquired playing with my hand phone checking the time. 

"What about your crushes every one has at least one" Chanmi was starting to get frustrated with my less than satisfying answers.

"I never confessed to any of them so they always stayed a mere crush" I shrugged 

"Did anyone ever confess to you. You're not bad looking ,a little cold like you might rip off someone's face if they disturb you but not too bad" Chanmi moved backed some to observe me then nodded her as if she was happy with her description of me. 

"I'm sure you have a warm heart JaeHwan" Yuna smiled at me. I returned it thanking her "You're better at words than someone I won't name" I shifted my eyes over to Chanmi who avoided mine and started to fiddle with her hands.

"And to answer your question only one person has confessed to me and I didn't like them also he was in a relationship so that's my story" I picked up my cup to finish the last of my drink. 

"What's your ideal type? Maybe me and Chanmi can find someone that suits you?" Yuna asked her tone more caring now.

"I don't really have an ideal type and I'm not liking the sound of this" I eyed the both of them suspiciously.

"Then let's find your ideal type!" Chanmi chirped in"What do you think about Minah unnie?" She asked a little too eager 

"Yah! how are you just going to assume I like girls" Her assumption wasn't wrong I just never told anyone because...well it wasn't needed.

"You weren't fooling any of us" Yuna nodded her head in agreement"Just tell me what you think about her" Chanmi continued patting me on my arm.

"She's cute a little too cute for me personally" I shrugged giving my honest opinion

"How about Irene?" Yuna piped up

"Two awkward and quiet people together? That will never work" I shook my hand in disagreement"

"Ah , yeah that's true" Chanmi said sounding defeated already."Wait!, what about Nahyun she isn't too cute and isn't quiet" 

"You forgot the part about her obviously being in love with her roommate D.ana" I laughed leaning back in my chair

"This is more difficult then I thought"Yuna whined letting her head fall on the table.

Chanmi threw out some more names that I rejected before I finally asked an important question. 

"Are you even sure that these girls share the same preference as me?"  I questioned. Chanmi started to fumble with her words before blurting out some reason.

"No,but at least one of them has to and if not you can just charm your way into their heart" I stared at her not being able to reason with her antics.

"Just because the country is homophobic doesn't mean that their isn't a gay community" Chanmi continued. I looked at the time seeing it was reaching 10 and noticing the decrease in people at the cafe I realized it was time for us to go. I yawned standing up from my chair stretching.

"We should get going before it gets to late" I stated. We all lived in the same dorm area except we had different roommates, Yuna was with the actor ans bass player Mina and Chanmi was with the drummer girl YouKyung and me I didn't have a roommate.

"I agree and we can't catch the train because I brought my bike" Chanmi huffed in annoyance."

"I don't think I can make the walk home" Yuna cried head still stuck to the table. "I'll give you a piggyback ride home" I told Yuna even though I was feeling quite tired myself."What about me?" Chanmi jumped in. "You have a bike" I retorted.

We bid goodbye to the cats and made our way outside with a sleepy Yuna on my back and Chanmi slowly peddling next to me. "Whoever finds you is going to be a lucky girl"Yuna stated mumbling half the words into the side of my shoulder. "Yeah I'm going to  have to find that lucky person cause you two are the worst matchmakers ever" I joked. "Just give us time , we were just building your profile today we'll find someone" Chanmi responded determined. 

I shook my head as much as I could "You don't have to do that" I frantically spoke. 

"Too late" Chanmi responded speeding off on her bike leaving me and Yuna behind. I could only sigh as I thought about the horrible dates I might encounter.