Profile

Bubblegum Heart

Alarm clocks , I will never get use to them. Forcing myself to get up and go somewhere I probably don't want to go.

The escapade last night led to me dragging myself into my dorm a little past 11 o'clock. As I'm a big person on leisure time instead of instantly sleeping like I should have I somehow settled in on watching over an hour of random YouTube clips. Some sleep is better than no sleep I thought pulling myself out of bed. I heaved a sigh as I saw myself in the mirror tousled hair, black circles under my eyes, and a slightly bloated face. I'll learn my lesson eventually. 

I found that sweats were the way to go today I also set to cook my own breakfast deciding against going to the canteen to avoid as many people I can and to steer clear of rushing to class. Closing my eyes I propped my arm up on the table and leaned against it dozing off trying to collect as much rest possible. 

Knock Knock...

"Go Away" I thought 

Knock Knock...

If it was really important they'll kick down the door and soon enough I could hear something that resembled a bag banging up against my door. Another endless sigh escaped my lips as I pushed my over exhausted legs to the door and greet the culprit.

"Why ar-" I didn't get to finish my displeasure before a bag filled with at least two books hit me in my stomach. 

"Oompf" I held my hands over my stomach still not standing up as Chanmi continuously asked if I was okay. Waving my hand to ensure her I finally straitened my back.

"Why are you here so early?" I barely croaked out 

"You're walking me to class." I stared at her waiting for her to add in whatever she had up her sleeve. 

"And?"

"We're going to work on your profile"

"My profile?" I asked confused 

"Yes, you're profile what we discussed yesterday you airhead" She said getting impatient with me. 

"I don't need a profile, I'm capable of dating on my own"  I ran a hand through my unruly hair while went through an internal conflict of entertaining Chanmi's crazy antics or try to end it with non-stop arguing. I took a deep breath coming to my conclusion as she only stared at me in response. 

"Fine, let me just grab my bag and we can get started." Dragging my feet once again I swung my bag over my shoulder and exited out of my dorm after Chanmi.

"Okay lets begin, Coke or Pepsi"

"Coke" I answer with a yawn.

"Early bird or night owl?"

"Night owl obviously" Indicating towards my eye bags.

"High tops or low tops?"

"High tops all the way"

"iPhone or Samsung?"

"Hm, I'll go with iPhone"

"You traitor" Chanmi snickered out writing my response down.

"I'm the foreigner remember?" I laughed before taking notice of the familiar hallway of my first class.

"That's it for now, you'll be dating in no time" Chanmi said proudly tapping her clipboard of my answers.

"Yes cause now whenever I'm asked a question I can say just check my profile, I'll be so charming."

"Make all the jokes you want but you'll be thanking me at your wedding" I followed behind her laughing at her huffing as she sat down.

"Whatever you say matchmaker, anyway how's your project going" I ask propping myself up on my elbow.

"So far so good actually we'll be done in no time" A week and a half had passed since the project was assigned which is also the last time I had contact Hyejeong.

"What's the progress with yours?"

"It's nonexistent" I answer as Seolhyun and Hyejeong enter the class. I gave a small wave to Seolhyun in response to her smile. For Hyejeong she was too busy giggling at her phone to acknowledge anyone. 

Hyejeong had a bit of a reputation a heartbreaker one to be exact. She would get into relationships and once the excitement was gone she was too. She easily fell into someone's ideal type. Her hair effortlessly fell into place. Her eyes glowed with a dark but alluring emit.Her nose seem to perfectly fit her face and her lips plump and tempting. But I always found it strange how little was actually known about her aside from the basics. No one never knew what went on during her relationships or how'd they happen. She radiated confidence but she was never loud about it. Being so lost in my thoughts I didn't even notice class had started until Chanmi nudged me to open my book to follow along. 

Class trudged along with a few worksheets  related  to the lesson. The class ended I was in no rush to get to my next class since it didn't start in two more hours. Chanmi had already left me behind along with the other students or so I thought. 

"Hey" A soft but strong voice greeted me, It was Hyejeong up and close. The scent of bubblegum was strong as expecting. Her perfume infiltrated my nose it was sweet and potent making everything around me a fluff. 

"Hi" I responded my voice lighter than I expected it to be. 

"When are you free to start the project?" She adjusted her purse in her hand while still looking at me

"Anytime works for me really, I can adjust to your schedule" Could you make yourself sound anymore desperate I thought to myself

"Okay, we can meet up today then. What's your number so I can tell you where" She held out her phone and I slowly took it not trying to seem eager. I typed it in surprised to see my name already occupying that section. I gave it back with a small smile.

"So I'll see you later?" she took her phone slowly making her way out the class. I nodded smiling wider "I'll see you later". 

I was brought down from my fluff high when my phone started to vibrate. 

I had three messages.

Chanmi: 

You doubted my matchmaking skills but I've already set up a date for you Saturday no need to thank me.

Yuna:

I heard about the news. I don't know who it is but be strong. 

Unknown:

Does 6 at cosmo cafe work for you?

I responded to Hyejeong's message first confirming that it worked for me. I answered Yuna's next asking her if she could talk some sense into Chanmi. I texted Chanmi back last just agreeing with her hoping for the best honestly. 

I was still curious to exactly what profile Chanmi had me answered and where it was posted but I didn't want to waste anymore time as I had a long overdue nap.