Chapter The Second

Turning Me Human

???

I was walking out from from my boss' office and was heading up to check on the resdent from room 1145. Appearantly, they had a very, very rare diesease that was named, Autism. No one knows how they got it. Supposedly it had been wiped from of the Earth after the Great War. Yet again, a lot of things had been wiped from the Earth because of the Great War.

Moving on, It wasn't until a couple of hundreds of years ago that society was introduced to the androids. Androids were specifically built to help people. To, in a way, make it easier to take certain jobs that were dangerous for a human. If an android was hurt, it was simply taken to any Android Care Center, or ACC, and repaired quickly.

How do I know? Well, that's because I am one. An android, that is. Life can be easy when it is, but a living hell when you are put through cetain things. For starters, an android must always have manners. Never speak unless spoken to. Always address humans as, Mr, Mrs, and Ms. On special ocations though, you will be instructed to call them Madam, or Monsieur. Another thing is that you must always put a human's life before yours. If a human is in danger, you must risk your life to save them. This is a law because you can build that same robot again with the memory chip, but you can never regain that human life that was lost. 

One thing to note is that Androids are indepenent. There is no need for a human to OWN an android. However, you may HIRE one, if you desire. The twist to this law is that if there is a damage made to a human caused by an android, whether it be proprety damage, emotional damage, or any other type of damage, then the human may request that the android work for them for an extended period of time to cover the "Damage." 

I am living in an eternal hell because of that law,(and one other one). I was instructed by the judge to spend forever working in this stupid hotel to work for this terrible boss, whom I hate and is abusive. In multiple ways. The reason why I was ordered to work here forever was because I had reported that he had me. In Neo-Seoul, it is illegal for an android and a Human to be together. Whether it is just a relationship, or marriage, or anything in between. The terrible man, named Siwon, had told the judges that I had seduced him into bed with me and was only accusing him of for money, which is perposterous because I do not need his money. They did not bother to check me for signs, even though I had many. Any judge will believe a human over an android. The judge sentenced me to work at the hotel until the day it was torn down, then they would decide where I would go after that. 

Going back to where I was heading! I was walking towards the hallway to the stairs. I heard some footsteps approching from a distance, but I could tell it wasn't in this hallway. I turned the corner and that is when it happened. I felt myself being shoved down to the ground with a body landing on me. 

Mark

I crashed down into the floor and that's when I realized that I had not bumped into something, but a someone.

"Oh my god! Im so sorry. Are you ok?!" I helped the boy up from the ground and tried checking him to see if he was hurt. 

"I'm fine. I should be sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going." The boy said while regaining posture and standing up.

"That's non-sense. It was my fault. I'm sorry." I bowed just to show him how sorry I was, until he grabbed my shoulder and made me unbow. 

"Please do not bow to me. You are not from around here, are you?" He asked, even though I was so confused on why he did not want me to bow to him. 

"No.....I come from The United Continent. My name is Mark. I'm spending one year in New Korea for my college." I said hoping he would finally tell me why I ws not allowed to bow to him. 

"Well that explains. Don't you know that it is suppoed to be the other way around? That a-" He was interrupted by the arrival of Jackson and BamBam. 

"Hey! What's going on?" Asked BamBam while leaning on Jackson to catch his breathe.

"Yeah what happened? I thought we were having a competion?" Said Jackson.

"Well that was until I smashed into someone." I said while introducing his two recently-made frinds to the stranger.

"This is Jackson, and this is BamBam. BamBam, Jackson, this is...What is your name?" I turned to the stranger boy and realized he hadn't told me his name. 

"I am JinYoung. I also can respond to JR." 

Respond?

"What do you mean respond to?" I asked.

"I am an adroid. Though technically a robot, never call me a robot. I find it offensive." He responded as if nothing. 

"Oh I see, well I really am sorry about bumping into you." I said while signaling for Jackson and BamBam to meet me in the arcade room.

"And I will reply by saying, again, that it was not your fault. It was mine." He had a very nice voice. Soft, but also, it seemed like it was powerfull. 

"The least I could do is buy you a coffee." I asked, hoping that he wouldn't deny.

"Listen, that's not a good idea." He turned me down, and he didn't even give me a proper reason.

"Oh come on. I don't want to get in your pants. I just want to buy you a coffee as an apology for bumping into you, and falling ontop of you. Just an apology."

I made it pretty clear that I wasn't trying to do anything else but apologize, which might be a little lie since he was really cute, but I wanted to see if he said yes after that.

"I still don't know what to say..." 

"Say yes. Accept my apology. Please?" I was practically begging now. 

"Ok. Just coffee. Ok, that sounds fine." He had aggreed at last.

"Great! When are you available? Now?" 

"No. Not right now. I have to check up on a guest. Then I must run to the pharmacy to retrieve an errand."

"Ok, well I will head to the arcade. How about we meet at the Hotel coffee shop around 6:00 P.M? That gives us both 3 hours to do whatever needs to be done.

"Ok. I will be there." He said while walking away from me.

"JinYoung!" I called to him.

He stopped and turned to face me.

"Yes?"

"I can't wait." I said.

He decided to keep walking, then said,

"It's just apology coffee, remember?" 

____________________________________________________________

Oh My Gosh!! Guys, it was like a month or two I think. I decided that I needed like a small small break to re-think this sotry and now I got it,(I think). Any ways, I ended up making Jinyoung this kind of tortured soul, who can never escape his boss, Whom I made Siwon. Nothing against Siwon, I just thought he was the prefect match. I basically know how this story will end, I just need to make chapters in between so it is not a boring- story. Ok, well, please PLEASE comment. I want to know what I am doing wrong, how I can improve, any errors, or just your thoughts. Please don't be afraid. Ok, that's it for now.See You Later.

Love You All,(Don't forget it). SARANGHAE!