Chapter The Seventh

Turning Me Human

Mark

It was morning of my first day at Foreign Tech! I was very much excited, I couldn't wait to finally clear my head from this mysterious hotel. I wanted to get myself away from JinYoung for a couple of hours a day to be able to undertand what it was that I was feeling. These past couple of days my mind was everywhere becuase of him it him. I was in ing LOVE with an android. When did I ever picture this happening? I didn't know what to do about the feelings inside of me. Should I let them be? Should I ignore them? It made me so frustrated. 

I got up from the bed and glanced at my clock, telling me it was 7:35 am. I made my way over to the bathroom where I showered and brushed my teeth. I cleansed my face, and patted it dry. I styled my hair with some wax. After all of that, I changed into some nice jeans, a white button up shirt, and red converse, and re-fixed my hair. I grabbed my backpack, and cell phone, and I locked my room as I walked down the lobby to the elevtor. 

I guess I must have been really nervous because the elevator was taking forever. It wasn't until a couple of minutes later when I realized that the elevator was actually stuck. 

 

"Oh No." 

 

I pressed the help button and within a few rings, a voice rung. 

 

"What is the emergency?" 

 

I recognized that voice.

 

"JinYoung! The elevator shut down or something!"

 

"What do you mean? Is everything all right? Are you ok?"

 

"I'm fine, I think. I just don't like small spaces. I want to get out of here. Please" 

 

"I will try and see what I can do, Ok? In the mean time, stay calm. Can you do that? If you need a calming agent, I'd be more than happy to deliver it to you through the telephone speaker."

 

"No. Just, hurry."

 

"I'll try and work as fast as possible."


And the call ended. 

JinYoung

I had been put in charge of the security room for today. Ever since the recent drugging incedent, it was decided that it'd be better to put an android in here. The room was very smal though, and it was dark and gloomy. Monitors were set up around the walls, obviously, for the view of most of the hotel. Which, by the way, had actually been doing well. Lots of people enjoying the pool, the shopping centre, the gallery. The hotel wasn't the bad part. it was the owner, and everything that took place within its walls. 

I called the elevator company to try and figure out what had caused the elevator to stop miving, and their response was that someone had tampered the the elevtor keys. They said that they would try to move the elevator electronically, but they would have to send someone if it couldn't be done. It wouldn't be that hard to figure out since there was a camera right by the hallway leading into the elevator. I had to request to see the files for the entire day and it was a lot of footage even from midnight. 

I sped up ahead to where I could see Mark entering the elevator and the doors closing. And then he passed by. Presumably a man in a black coat and pants, a mask to ensure his identity wasn't exposed. His back was against the camera, but that wouldn't have made it any easier since he had the mask on. He jammed the elevator controls with his own little hammer several times and continued walking, away from  the camera. 

I called the elevator. 

"JinYoung?" 

 

"Mark, I have news for you." 

 

"...How long will I be in here?" 

"It's hard to say. I called the elevaator conmpany and they said that they would try and electornically move it, or else they would have to send an actual person if all else fails. You are in no danger though."

 

"...I just...I just don't like small spaces."

 

"And we are trying our best to get it moving, ok, Mark?" 

 

"Of course. Thank You, JinYoung. For trying so hard to help me."

 

"There's one more thing."

 

"What?"

 

"Your elevator was tampered with. Someone destroyed the controls of the elevator from the outside and trapped you in there. Someone wanted you to be stuck there for some reason." 

 

"Why would anyone do that?" 

 

"I looked at the camera footage from the enitre morning up until the point where you called me,"
 

"Did you find out who it was?" 

 

"I saw who it was, but I don't know them. There's no way to know them because they hid their face, their entire skin, they hid their hair, just everything. They were determined to do this, Mark."

 

"I don't understand. Who did I anger? What did I do wrong?"

 

"No one Mark. Don't think like that. It was probably just a prank from one of the hotel guests. Look, the company said that they will try and do whatever it takes to fix the elevator, so just stay calm ok. Deep breaths, don't panic."

 

"Ok."

I hung up and tried to figure out how I could find whoever did this. The task was more difficult than I thought, though. Like I had stated before, the person was completely unrecognizable. There was no bare skin, no visible hair sticking out of the hoodie. Not even when they were walking away did I manage to see anything.

Except.

On the right leg, inside the ankle. I happened to realize that the pair of pants the figure was wearing were a little too short. Too short to competely cover their ankles, and I saw a tattoo. But not just any tattoo. It was a specific one that I had only ever seen on one specific person. It was three horizontal lines close in proximity to eachother, and on the middle line, there was a dot/point right on the middle. And that was the hint that led me to confirm the one who had tampered with the elevator that Mark was on. I figured out who it was. I paused the CCTV, picked the perfect angle that could best capture the ankle, and clicked print. 

A second later, the printer right next to the monitor sprung to life and out popped the piece of paper with the evidence. I made sure to completely lock the monitors so no one could come in and try to tamper with the video. I left the room, right after locking all possible entrances to the room, of course. 

 

BamBam

It was around 8:00 a.m when Jackson finally arrived at the lobby. It seemed like I had waited for ever for him to get ready. He seemed a little uneasy, but I shook it off as it might've been about school.

"Geeze! And here I thought that I took long." I said watching as he got closer.

He pulled me into a hug and held me lovingly. 

"You excited?" 

"Not really." I responded, taking in a big breath of his cologne. It smelled SOOO good. 

"Well be, ok? It's our first day!"

"I'll have to pretend I'm excited then." 

"I looked at our schedules. Seems like we have 1 of our 2 classes together."

"Yeah, it may be two, but they're like five thousand hours long."

"Bam, it's only like 2 1/2 hours. It's ok." 

"Ugh, I should've just become a stripper. Would've been more fun." 

"Yeah, no. My wonderful boyfriend is not going to be showing off his body to anyone that's not me."

"Oh, you're jealous."

"No!" 

"It's ok, you're cute when you're like this." 

'Jackson Wang isn't cute. He is hot." 

"Ok, hotshot, then off we go." 

 

JinYoung

I had the photograph in my pocket and was patting it here and there to make sure I still had it. I was looking around the hallways of the hotel and relized just how much security this place had, yet, I couldn't figure out the face of the masked person. I made my way down the hall further until someone pulled me aside and pushed me against the wall. 

"You know, Jinyoung, when I said to keep your head in your own buisness, I meant it. I did not say to go sticking your stupid head where it doesn't belong."

He had a tight hold of my shoulders, and a grasp of my hands. 

"I don't care Siwon. I am so done with you. You've always made me feel like I was worse than the scummiest thing on this land. I've had enough. I-"

I was slapped cleanly across my face. 

"How DARE you speak to me in that way you metal failure! Don't you EVER, for a minute, think that you're better than anyone else."

I tried shoving him off of me, but he ended up slapping me across the face again.

"You know what you are? Metal. And that's all you'll ever be. You can forget about trying to undo the past. You may have had flesh once, but there's no way in hell I'll ever let you go back and fix things."

I tried pushing him away, but he was holding on too tightly. 

"No matter what you do, you won't save them. Whatever you do, I'll still find a way to ruin your life. To kill your family. To take your happiness away." 

He let go of me, and walked up close to my face.

"You belong to me bitxh. For now, and for all eternitiy. Don't forget that." He pressed a kiss to my cheek, before he walked away with a smirk on his face. 

 

Mark

The fear of small spaces had always bothered me my entire life after my cousin pulled a sheet over  my bed when I was 5 and hopped ontop of it. I was helpess and I tried fighting him off, telling him to stop, but it didn't work. He finally stopped after I gave up on trying. He said he was sorry, that he would do my chores for a week if I didn't tell my aunt, but I didn't care about him getting in trouble. He had given me a new fear. The fear of small spaces. I of course never told anyone about this weakness of mine.

When I was 14, my classmates pulled a prank on me when one of them found out about my cluastrophobia. They locked me in the jam-packed janitor's closet and kept me in their for an hour. I had passed out for most of the time because the anxiety had built up inside of me. I was basically never happy if my enviroment was too small. It didn't help that the elevator constricted me so much. I tried everything; clearing my mind, taking deep deep DEEP breaths, trying to take a nap, counting to 1000, but none of it seemed to work. I was trapped in here for good until someone came and recued me. I had been crying a lot earlier. It's so scary being in here, not knowing what's going on outside. The world could be in flames when you get out. There could be an alternate universe. I was really putting my trust on JinYoung. If he failed me then I would know I would be in here for longer. 

Or not. As soon as I was thinking to myself, the entire elevator shaft shook. The lights and the buttons started flickering on and off, I thought that the elevator was breaking down, that this was the end, but then the door flew open. I saw 2 men holding a rope for me to grab onto.

"You're all safe now, boy!" Said one of the two men.

"Hold on tightly. We're getting you out." Said the other, grasping the rope tightly, awaiting the weight of my body. 

Of course me, I wasted no time in getting out, and I started climbing up. As I was making my way out of the compartment, and into the hallway, the elevator malfunctioned and started to shake. Not the shaking from when I was rescued, shaking as if it got tired of holding itself up. So it didn't. The three of us heard the chords of the pulleys snap and I tried my best to yank my leg out of the shaft, but it was too late. 

_________

Well....How should I start this?? I know it's a little short, sorry, Buuut, I finally finished it!

(The chapter I mean!!!) A lot of important

things are in this chapter, so if you pay close attention to this chapter, plus start piecing clues from

the previous ones, you might have an idea of the entire story, (Welll sort of). Should I talk about Jackson,

Or should I leave that for you guise??! Hmm

And was that a hint?! Hmmmm? Who knows, read to find out.

 

Sorry if there are misakes, I'm really tired and I don't

have the time to go back and check. I have to leave the house in

like 4 seconds! 

 

P.S. Make sure to start leaving more questions for the guys, I already have some that my

friends asked, cuz not even they know about what's going on, so that'll be interesting. 

Ok I think thats all for today! 

Allright! That is all. 

Love You All. SARANGHAE.