Lonely Nights

Look At Me For Once
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It's just another lonely night
This happens all the time
Now that you're not around

 

Jesse Labelle's hard, emotional voice cooes from the ceiling speakers as I finish my shot of Jack Daniels. The burn of the alcohol soothes my heartache just like it's done a hundred times before.

 

Like picking up a loaded gun
Holding the telephone
And I should put it down.

 

Heh. Maybe I should phone someone to pick me up before I do something stupid again. I might even do someone I don't even know. Again.

Watching you walk away
Even though I know I never should have let you out of sight
I play the game even though I go up in flames and I'm burning down tonight.

 

"Amennn Jesse, Amen." I croak as the messages of the song remind me of my particular situation.

 

You keep from me, but I'm drowning and slowly sinking in a bottle of Patrón.
I can't let go-oh oooooh I can't let go, so..

 

"Jack Daniels! Not Patrón hehe so sillyy~" I giggle and a face I've grown accustomed to seeing scoffs and me.

 

It's just another lonely night
They happen all the time
Now that you're not around.

 

"Go home Yuri-ah, you've had enough. I'm not serving you anymore." Taeyeon scolds and I huff at her.

"Arrnt youu suppose be a barchender? You suppose serve me soo you get the monay! Hehe." I slur, my head feeling dizzy from all the alcohol I've consumed.

 

Like picking up a loaded gun
Holding the telephone
And I should put it down.

 

"Yeah but before bar tending, I'm also your friend." 

She leans against the counter in front of me and crosses her arms over her chest.

"Go home, drinking your life away won't make her happy." The short girl says with a somber expression.

 

It's just another wasted call full of alcohol,
Another night I know that I won't recall,
And it's never enough, it's another heartbreak coverup.

 

"See! Eben Jesse agreesh wid me-" I hiccup before I can finish my sentence and I laugh at myself.

"I don't know who Jesse is but he doesn't know you, I do. I'm going to call her if you don't get yourself into a cab in five minutes Yul." She walks away from me and gets back to serving drinks at the half full bar.

 

It's there beneath all the shattered, broken pieces I've been trying to let go-oh.
Hiding away in the places to see distant faces of the love you used to know, oh.

 

"I know Jeshee, I know. Taeng's just being a gud fren."

I sigh and stumble off of my chair, the alcohol taking it's full affect on me.

"Byeeee Taeyeon!" I wave her goodbye and she recuperates but I know on the inside, she's probably really worried about me. 

I head outside to flag me a cab and after a few minutes, someone finally has the heart to pull over for me.

---

I stumble thro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter