C h a p t e r 5: Scandal

With A Simple Wish In One Night

C h a p t e r 5:

 

SHINee Choi MinHo Caught Kissing?

 

Three days ago, fans have spotted MinHo and the girl again.  The girl couldn’t clearly be seen with a hood over her head.  She was the playing the guitar and it was said to be singing while MinHo just sat and listened.  They quickly reacted seeing him kiss her.

 

                “MinHo, are you two finally a couple?” Onew asked when the five finished reading the short article and a few comments after that from the readers.

 

                “I-I don’t know,” he replied.

 

                “We thought you were,” JongHyun said.

 

                “Yeah, you two were a little more intimate than usual,” Key added.

 

MinHo was quiet.  They did seem a little more intimate.  They were watching The Grudge, Japanese version, and MinHo ended up hugging her the whole time so that she wouldn’t be scared.  In MinHo’s perspective, she doesn’t seem to mind.  She could’ve just pushed him away.  But he knows that she won’t be the type to do that to him.  ‘But, she felt more relax than tense,’ he thought.

 

                “Yah, Choi MinHo!” JongHyun yelled, bringing him back to reality.  “We should reveal it to the public.”

 

                “I’ll ask MiYoung first and then we’ll both talk to LSM,” MinHo said and put on his coat.  “I’ll be back.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

MiYoung finished reading the article.  She lied down on her bed, thinking about the kiss again.  Her heart was pounding just thinking about it.  She covered her face.  Once she did, she thought about how MinHo was comforting her while they were all watching The Grudge.  She felt scared, but protection filled her with his arms around her.  She remembered waking up in MinHo’s arms too.  She fell asleep while they were talking.  She opened her hands and stared at the ceiling.  ‘I really do like him,’ she thought.  Suddenly, the doorbell rang.  She got out of bed and headed to the door.  She looked through the peephole before opening it.

 

                “Oppa, what brings you here?” she asked.  MinHo smiled and hugged her.  MiYoung smiled and hugged back.  He pulled away and looked at her.  “Come in.”  He nodded and she moved to the side and let him in.  It was the second time that he came inside her dorm.

 

                “MiYoung, I have a question,” he asked.  She sat down next to him on the sofa.  She looked at him in response.  MinHo sighed, nervous to ask.  “Are…Do…I…”  He didn’t know what to say.

 

                “Can I ask you something then?” she asked.  MinHo looked at her and nodded.  “Are we together?  Are we…official?”  His eyes widened.  ‘Has she been thinking about this too?’ he asked himself.  “After the kiss, I’ve been thinking about it.”  MinHo held her hands and leaned in a little closer.

 

                “Do you want us to be official?” he asked.

 

                “Do you?”  He loves it when she questions back the same question to him.  He chuckled and kissed her forehead.

 

                “I do.  I love you, MiYoung,” MinHo confessed.  Her eyes widened.  ‘So…the feeling is love?’  “I understand if you don’t love me back.”

 

                “Oppa, if you love someone, does that mean that person is on their mind 24/7?” she asked.

 

                “Always,” he answered, referring to her.

 

                “If you love someone, they give you butterflies?”

 

                “Like you always do.”

 

She blushed from the reply and looked away.  She looked up at him again.

 

                “If you love someone, you never want to part from them?”

 

                “I want to stay like this forever.”

MinHo leaned in again and kissed her.  It wasn’t a peck this time, it was an actual kiss.  MiYoung just responded to his kiss naturally.  MinHo smiled and reluctantly pulled away.  They just looked at each other.

 

                “I love you,” she confessed.  “So much.”  MinHo smiled and hugged her.

 

                “I love you, too.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

                “So, it’s true?” JongHyun asked.  Half a month passed and just yesterday, MinHo and MiYoung confessed to the press.  MinHo nodded, smiling that knowing that the two are together.

 

                “Wow…finally!” he cheered.  MinHo just laughed and buried his face in his hands.  JongHyun laughed.  “Yah, don’t be embarrassed, be happy.”

 

                “I am happy,” he said, picking his head up with the same smile plastered on his face.  Soon, his phone rang.  MinHo took it out of his pocket.  He smiled.  “MiYoung.”  JongHyun left the room then.

 

                “Oppa, let’s hang out,” she said.  He smiled.  Usually, he was the one to call her to hang out.  Luckily for him, no schedule.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

                “So, why did you suddenly call me that we should hang out?” MinHo asked as they were holding hands, walking around the city randomly.

 

                “I want to be with you, is that so wrong?” she asked with a wide grin.  MinHo looked at her with his usual cute smile.  MiYoung frowned and sighed.  “I have to tell you something.”

 

MinHo’s heart was beating fast.  This time, she gently dragged him so they can talk privately.  They ended up sitting on a bench near a playground.  No one was really around, so it was perfect for MiYoung.  They sat down and MiYoung looked at him.  MinHo looked at her.  He looks as if he was going to cry.

 

                “Are you…” she put her index finger on his lips for him to stop talking.  His eyes widened as he looked at her finger then at her smiling face.

 

                “I’m not breaking up with you, pabo,” she said and softly laughed, putting her finger down.  MinHo smiled and sighed in relief.  “But…for a month I’ll be in America starting tomorrow.”  Her sentence made his heart stop.

 

                “W-Why?”

 

                “It’s my parents’ death anniversary,” she simply answered.  With those simple words that could escape , tears were forming.  MinHo didn’t know what to do.  It was the first time to see her look like this.  He put his hand over her shoulder.  “I-It was the worst thing to know, but…don’t worry about me, I moved on and stayed the same.  I mean…I just grew a little taller and cut and grew out my hair, but it’s all good, and…”  MinHo suddenly hugged her.  She let her tears freely fall.  “I miss them.”

 

                “It’s okay.  I know you do,” MinHo whispered.  He pulled away and wiped away her tears.

 

                “My parents were murdered, you know,” she said.  His eyes widened at her sudden statement.  “I was only 10 when this happened.  I came back home from school with JiSoo.  I opened the door and I saw bloody handprints on the white walls and bloody footprints on the shiny, wooden floor.”

 

                “You don’t have to tell me,” he said.  She shook her head.

 

                “You have the right to know,” she said.  “I trust you.”  MinHo softly smiled and nodded for her to continue.  “JiSoo and her umma came to me and saw the scene.  I walked ahead, following the prints.  It led down to the basement and…they lied lifeless on the floor.  JiSoo’s umma called the cops and apparently, a wanted murderer did this.  I lived with JiSoo since then.  Since JiSoo was a year older than me, she entered college, so I went with her for high school.”

 

                “I’m sorry,” was all he could say.  MiYoung shook her head.

 

                “It’s okay.  Like I said, I’ve moved on.”  MinHo nodded yet, he sadly sighed.  “Why the sad sigh?”

 

                “I’m going to miss you,” MinHo answered.  MiYoung could only smile at his cute face.

 

                “I’ll miss you, too, but…hey, a month is going to fly by fast.  Who knows?  I might be back even sooner,” she replied.  MinHo smiled.

 

                “How soon?” he asked.

 

                “Maybe I’ll stay for 2 weeks.”

 

                “Too long.”

 

                “Oppa!”  She lightly shoved him, only making him laugh.

 

                “I’m kidding.  I love you.”

 

                “I love you, too.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

During her absence, MinHo emailed her every day that he can.  MiYoung tried her best to reply back.  For her, it felt it’s been forever since she came back to America.  She misses her friends so much, but MinHo was on her mind the whole time.  Even a few of her friends who are a fan of SHINee are envious of her relationship with MinHo and how close she is to them, but they still love her.

 

SHINee and f(x) had to do a photo shoot together.  It’s already been a month and a scandal started to erupt.

 

SHINee Choi MinHo Leaving His Ordinary Girlfriend For f(x) Jung Krystal?

 

MinHo frowned.  It was a picture of MinHo and Krystal just sitting in a café a week ago.  Krystal was having trouble in history and she asked MinHo for advice.  Being an oppa he is to f(x), he agreed to help.  ‘What’s MiYoung going to think?  I’m not going to leave her,’ MinHo thought.  Soon, he got a text.  He was hoping it would be MiYoung, but since she’s in America, it would cost more money for her to pay, using her phone overseas.  It was Krystal that sent him a message.

 

The news is wrong.  I wouldn’t take you away from your girlfriend :(

 

MinHo sighed.  He knew.  MiYoung and Krystal were slowly becoming closer as friends.

 

It’s okay.  Don’t worry, I’ll fix it all.

 

Thank you, oppa! :)

 

MinHo smiled and replied no problem to her and shut his phone.  It was 8 in the morning when he saw the article.  He decided to go online to check if MiYoung sent any emails.  None.  He frowned.  It’s been a while since she emailed him.  ‘Maybe she’s asleep,’ he thought.  ‘Yeah, asleep.’  He decided to read the comments.  He groaned.

 

-Good!  Krystal and MinHo are better than his current GF.

 

-MinHo and Krystal FTW!

 

-Go Krystal!

 

-Better than the girl.

 

MinHo called MiYoung.  The phone rang and rang until it hit voicemail.  He called her again.  After the 10thtime, he decided to send her a text message.

  

Are you mad?  Are you upset?  Please don’t be.

 

 

Before sending the message, he thought, ‘What if she never read the article?  Yeah, she probably didn’t read it yet.’  He refreshed the page, becoming conscious on the comments.  A new article was up.

 

SHINee’s Choi MinHo’s Girlfriend With Other Guys

 

Now that title caught his attention.  It was short, but the clear photos of his girlfriend with about 3 other guys made him jealous.  He frowned.  ‘They’re her friends, they’re her friends.  Girls can have guy friends,’ he kept thinking.  ‘She loves me and I love her.’  He knows that he trusts her.  He looked back at the picture.

 

                “She’s back,” he said.  He can realize the city’s background.  He frowned.  “She’s back and she never…”  His phone rang.  He opened it to receive a text message.  He sighed in relief.

 

Mianhe.  I’m a bad GF right?  T.T  I came back a few days ago with a few of my guy friends because they wanted to check the city out.  They wouldn’t leave me alone, but I miss you.

 

He only smiled.  He was glad to know that she misses him.

  

It’s okay.  I’m glad to know that you miss me.  I love you <333

 

 

I love you, too <33333

 

MinHo chuckled when she added two more 3’s.  He smiled to himself.  He wanted to spend some time with her now.

 

Will you be free tonight?

 

Yeah.

 

Good.  I’ll pick you up tonight at 8.

 

Can't wait.

 

*Ding Dong*

 

MiYoung opened the door.  She smiled when she saw MinHo with a single lily in his hand.  He handed the lily to her as she gladly accepted it.  When she placed inside a vase, she grabbed her coat and left with MinHo.

 

                “So, how was America?  You were gone for the whole month,” MinHo asked.

 

                “It was really fun.  I missed my friends there and they wouldn’t let me leave,” she answered and held his hand.  MinHo smiled and held her hand tighter.  “But, I missed you a lot.”

 

                “I missed you like crazy,” MinHo said.  She lightly laughed.

 

                “JiSoo told me that.”  MinHo blushed in embarrassment.  They reached the park like they usually end up first when going out.

 

                “Sit here.  I’ll get us some hot chocolate, okay?” 

 

MiYoung nodded.  MinHo left, but he would take glances at her before he entered the café that’s across the park.  MiYoung smiled and patiently waited.  Soon, two girls came up to her with unwelcomed looking faces.

 

                “Yes?” she politely said to them.

 

                “Yah!  Why are you still with MinHo oppa?  You do know he’s with Krystal,” one of them said.  The other scoffed.

 

                “You’re such a seducer to him.  Leave him alone,” she said and they two left laughing. 

 

MiYoung bit her lip.  ‘No, don’t cry.  MinHo oppa wouldn’t do that to me.  He wouldn’t do that to me.  He wouldn’t do that to me,’ she kept thinking.  She quickly took deep breaths before MinHo can see her.  Luckily, he came back a couple of minutes after.  She put on a smile when he sat next to her, handing her, her drink.

 

                “Be careful, it’s hot,” he said.  He took her cup and blew it for her so that it was warm.  He then gave it back.

 

                “Thank you, oppa,” she said.  The two sat there, quietly drinking their hot chocolate.  There were times they wouldn’t say a word, but they liked it.  The atmosphere wasn’t awkward or bad, it was the same.  MiYoung looked at him.  MinHo turned and caught her.  He smiled.  “Oppa, what did you do while I was gone?”  She noticed that MinHo hesitated a little before answering.

 

                “Well, we did our usual dances practice and some recording.  We had to do a photo shoot with f(x) also,” he answered.  MiYoung nodded.  “What about you?”

 

                “You know, visited my parents’ graves and stayed with friends.  Three of my guy friends came back here with me.  They planned on going on vacation together, so they might as well go to Seoul first with me.  They’re like my brothers.  They wanted to also make sure I arrived here safely,” she answered.  MinHo sighed in relief.

 

                “Ah, good,” he said.  MiYoung only chuckled.  “C’mon, let’s go to Han River.”