C h a p t e r 1: First Meeting

With A Simple Wish In One Night

C h a p t e r 1:

 

                “Unnie, I don’t want to shop,” MiYoung whined.  JiSoo just dragged her in the mall.

 

                “Look, it’s just one simple outfit.  Pick any clothes of your taste, plus my umma gave you a $100 gift card and I saw that expiration date.  You’re spending it all today,” JiSoo said.  Her eyes widened.

 

                “Bwoh?  Today?” she asked.  JiSoo nodded.  “Let’s get to shopping.

 

JiSoo laughed at her friend’s silliness.  It’s funny how two friends who are basically like sisters can somewhat have a few different personalities.  MiYoung is reserved unlike JiSoo.  The two went their separate ways when they entered the store.  MiYoung smiled at the gray cardiganshe found on the rack.  It was on sale for $10.00.  She took it and looked around some more.  When they finished, JiSoo smiled at her choices.

 

                “Wow, so cute!” she squealed.

 

She looked at the white Dolman-Sleeve Top, a white and pink Sleeveless Chiffon Dress, a gray half sleeved T-shirt, and a Ruffle Chiffon Shirt.

 

                “Unnie, why are we even shopping in the first place?” MiYoung suddenly asked.  It was just randomly when JiSoo came to her apartment, nagging her to get ready.  JiSoo nervously laughed.

 

                “I’ll tell you when we get back to your place, okay?” she said.  MiYoung nodded and smiled.

 

For about another hour they had shopped.  MiYoung dropped the bags on the ground and dropped to her small sofa, tired.  JiSoo sat down next to her.

 

                “Okay, so…you know the group SHINee?” she asked.

 

                “Yeah, their songs are good while you practically have me watch variety shows they’re in with you,” MiYoung answered.  JiSoo nodded with an innocent smile that made MiYoung chuckle.

 

                “R-Remember when I was at the hospital because I sprained my ankle a few months ago?”  JiSoo asked.  MiYoung nodded.  “W-Well…After you left, I got bored.  I took my crutches and wondered outside the hospital for fresh air.  Someone accidently bumped into me and it was Key.  And we started to talk and hang out and then a couple weeks after, he asked me out!”

 

                “You two are dating?!” MiYoung exclaimed.  JiSoo only nodded crazily.

 

                “And…tonight I’m meeting him and the other members at their dorm for dinner and I asked if I can invite my only bestest friend in the whole world and he said yes,” she said so quickly.  MiYoung was quiet, sinking it all in.  She happily smiled and squealed and hugged JiSoo.  “Ack!”

 

                “You should’ve told me earlier.  Now I know why we don’t hang out sometimes,” MiYoung pouted.  JiSoo laughed.

 

                “Sorry.”

 

                “It’s okay.  So, when are we going?” she asked.

 

                “Well…tonight at 6.”

 

                “Okay.”

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________ 
 

                “TaeMin~ah!  That’s too much salt!” Key nagged.  “It’s just a pinch and aish, I think those potatoes are cut big.”

 

                “Hyung, I’m trying!” TaeMin yelled.  He pouted.

 

                “Add a little bit of water,” Key said calmly and helped JongHyun with the side dishes.

 

                “Onew hyung and MinHo are setting up the karaoke,” JongHyun said.  Key smiled.

 

                “Okay, good.  JiSoo likes to sing,” Key said happily.  JongHyun smiled, happy to see his friend so happy.  “Oh!  How’s the iced tea?”

 

                “Hyung, you’re so focused on this,” TaeMin said.

 

                “I just want this perfect for JiSoo and her friend.”  The guys looked at him.

 

                “Chingu?” Onew asked.  Key nodded.  “Okay, let’s hurry.  It’s almost 4:30 and we need to clean up and change, too.”

 

The guys nodded and quickly went back to work.  15 more minutes passed and they cleaned up.  They decided to see who will clean the most.  Whoever doesn’t will wash the dishes while they sing.

 

                “MinHo, you clean,” Key said and threw the towel on the counter, heading to the bathroom to get ready.

 

They all went to their room.  MinHo was the last to get changed.  Once he decided to join with the guys, the doorbell rang.

 

                “I got it!” Key responded excitedly and ran to the door.

 

Everyone gathered around him.  Key opened the door and smiled.  JiSooand MiYoungsmiled (Their outfits, by the way).  Key moved to the side and let them inside.  He hugged JiSoo from behind and kissed her cheek.  Key looked at the guys.  They bowed and introduced themselves.  MiYoung and JiSoo did the same.

 

                “So, we all made dinner and after we can karaoke.  We got the microphone and book,” Key said to JiSoo.  JiSoo nodded and he led her to the table, leaving MiYoung alone with the guys.  She looked at them and smiled shyly.

 

                “MiYoung, let’s go,” JongHyun said and lead her to the table. 

 

She only nodded and followed.  Key and JiSoo sat down together at the end of the table.  TaeMin took the other end, JongHyun and Onew at one side and Minho and MiYoung in front of them.  Key and JiSoo talked as JongHyun and Onew started to fool around.

 

                “MiYoung, is it true that you’re in the top 10 of your class?” Key suddenly asked, making her jump a little and look at him.  “She talks about you a lot, by the way.”  MiYoung stared at her food, blushing and smiling.

 

                “Uh, yeah.  Number 7,” she said softly.

 

                “Wow,” JongHyun, Key, Onew, and TaeMin gasped in amazement.  MinHo only looked at her with an amused face.  “So, cool.”  JiSoo and MiYoung looked at each and laughed.   MiYoung soon felt a little comfortable after a couple more questions were asked.

 

                “Hmm…” JongHyun thought for a moment.  “Who’s your favorite SHINee member?”  MiYoung looked at them.

 

                “Umm…”  MiYoung gave a soft, yet shy smile.  “Do I still pick even if I don’t know you guys too well?”

 

                “She mostly pays attention to our songs and JiSoo makes MiYoung watch our variety shows with her,” Key added.

 

                “Have you seen any of our performances?” Onew asked.  MiYoung nodded.  “Okay, pick.”  MiYoung laughed and nodded.

 

                “Then, MinHo~shi,” she answered without any hesitation.  MinHo smiled and took a bite of his food.  MiYoung looked at him from the corner of her eyes and smiled to see his smiling face.  ‘His smile is better in person,’ she thought.  “But, all of you guys are really talented in your own way, so in addition, I’ll also pick all of you.”  The guys smiled then.

 

                “What do you like about us then?” TaeMin asked anxiously.  JiSoo smiled, knowing everything what MiYoung would say.

 

                “JongHyun’s personality, Onew’s Onew Condition and clumsiness, Key’s rap, TaeMin’s dancing,” she answered.  She tried to not make her smile wide for her last response.  “MinHo’s rap, eyes, and smile.”

 

                “Told yeah she’ll say that if she was ever asked that question,” she whispered in his ear.

 

                “Only my rap?” Key asked, pretending to be sad.  JiSoo pouted.  Key smiled and kissed her cheek.  “I’m kidding.  I’m happy to have you.”

 

                “I’m happy, too, oppa,” she said sweetly and kissed his cheek.

 

                “JiSoo~ah, PDA,” MiYoung said and stuck her tongue out.  JiSoo just stuck her tongue out at her.  The girls laugh.

 

After another 15 minutes of eating, Key pulled JiSoo to the couch, in front of the television.  Onew, JongHyun, and TaeMin followed.  JongHyun took out the microphone, the TV, and began singing.  MiYoung and MinHo were just left there.  She was on her knees, stacking all the dishes, cups, and utensils.  MinHo took them and started to wash the dishes.  MiYoung took a couple paper towels.  MinHo saw and stopped her.

 

                “You go have fun.  I’ll do the cleaning,” he said.  She shook her head.

 

                “Anio, I don’t want you to do this alone.  I’ll help, besides, I’m not too big when it comes to karaoke,” she answered and started to clean the table.

 

 MinHo watched her as a plate was under the running water.  She tied her hair before tidying the table and cleaning it.  She looked up and caught him.  She looked down, cleaning more and blushed with a shy smile.  MinHo quietly chuckled and continued on cleaning.  MiYoung threw the paper towel and helped him wash the dishes.

 

                “No, I can do them,” he said.  He bit his lip, feeling bad on how she’s doing most of the cleaning that he had to do.  MiYoung smiled.

 

                “How about, you wash and I dry?” she asked.  “I really don’t mind helping.”  MinHo smiled and nodded.

 

                “Okay.”

 

MinHo would hand her a wet dish and she’ll take a dry towel, drying the dishes before putting them on the rack.  He would splash a little bit of water on her.  When he did, she laughed and splashed a little back to him.  He would laugh back and they would go back and forth to each other.

 

                “So…what’s your favorite song from us?” he asked.  She put the last plate on the rack.

 

                “Right now, I’m really in love with One For Me,” she answered.  “It’s nice to listen to.”  MinHo smiled.  “Well…should we join them?”

 

                “We’re wet.  I’ll get you a T-shirt for you to change in first,” he said.  “Follow me.”

 
_________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Everyone singing watched at the two.  They smiled and the guys looked at JiSoo.

 

                “So, um…yeah.  I never really thought that she would get closer to someone tonight,” she confessed.  “She’s reserved, you know?”  They nodded.

 

                “MinHo seems to easily open up to her too,” Onew said.  The guys nodded.

 
_________________________________________________________________________________________

 

                “Here’s my black T-shirt,” he said, handing it to her.

 

                “A-Are you sure?” she asked.  He simply nodded.  She smiled.  “Kamsahamnida.”  MinHo smiled.

 

                “The bathroom is in front of this room.  Just join the rest after,” he said.  She nodded.

 

                “Okay.”

After a couple of minutes, MiYoung walked to the others.  There was another small sofa that no one was sitting on.  She sat down and took JiSoo’s purse.  JiSoo looked at her and smiled, whispering into Key’s ear.  Key smiled and said the same thing to Onew and Onew told TaeMin.

 

                “MiYoung~ah, you should sing,” JongHyun said.  He smiled, noticing the shirt she’s wearing.  She politely shook her head.

 

                “Mianhe, I don’t really sing,” she said.  JongHyun pouted, but didn’t want to pressure her.

 

                “Okay.  Oh my goodness, Key, we gotta sing this!” he exclaimed to find a goofy-like song.

 

                “Yes!” Key cheered and jumped from the couch, grabbing the second mike.

 

MiYoung pulled out a book that she’s currently reading.  She leaned at the corner of the couch, bringing her knees up so that her legs wouldn’t take up the whole sofa.  MinHo walked out, wearing a white shirt with black designs on.  He stopped to see MiYoung reading a book.  He smiled again and walked to them.  The only empty seat was where MiYoung was.  Slowly and carefully, he sat down next to her and watched the guys sing.  Onew, JongHyun, and Key started to sing their song Replay.  TaeMin joined in as they danced.

 

                “MinHo~ah, do something,” JongHyun said.  MinHo just looked at him and did a small little dance, making everyone laughed.  MinHo laughed and sat back down.  He heard something go on the ground.  He looked up to see MiYoung smiling.

 

                “You should’ve sang or rap,” she said, loud enough for him to hear.  He just shrugged shyly.

 

                “Not going to read anymore?” he asked.  She shook her head.

 

                “It’s loud.”  MinHo looked at her.  He could notice a hint of boredom.  He stood up, making her look at him.

 

                “Come with me,” he said and walked to his room.  She giggled and did, leaving the rest singing and dancing.  MinHo smiled to see her entering his and TaeMin’s room.  He shut the door.  “There, now it’s quiet.”  They could still hear singing, but better than where they were before.  “Well…sort of.”  She chuckled.

 

                “It is quiet.  Umm…” she looked at the ground, thinking on what to say.  “Can you rap for me?”

 

                “W-What?” he asked surprisingly.  She giggled.

 

                “Rap your part from SHINee World,” she requested.

 

                “Okay.  Sit on the bed and make yourself comfortable.”  He took her hand and led her to his bed.  She sat down Indian style, waiting for him to start. 

 

“I’ll do the di-bi-di-bi-dis part.”  MinHo nodded and cleared his throat.

 

“(Di-bi-di-bi-dis') 'Bling Bling' is "JongHyun" (Di-bi-di-bi-dis') Uri 'Bakryeoktaem' eun "TaeMin" (Di-bi-di-bi-dis') 'Dubu onrida' neun "Onew" (Di-bi-di-bi-dis') SHINee 'maneungyeolsoe' "Key" (Di-bi-di-bi-dis' Di-bi-di-bi-dis') 'Bulkkoc kariseuma' "Minho" (Di-bi-di-bi-dis') My name is Minho (Di-bi-di-bi-dis') Urin biceul naeneun SHINee (Di-bi-di-bi-dis' dap di-bi-di-bi-dis' dap) We're living in the SMTown!”  MiYoung clapped.  MinHo smiled and sat down on TaeMin’s bed.  “So…why do you like my rap, eyes, and smile.”  MiYoung blushed and sat up, trying to face him.  Whenever she did, she would see him looking at her which causes her to turn away.

 

                “Well…” she said softly.  “Your rap sounds cool.  You’re eyes show charisma and…you have big eyes.  I like big eyes.”  They both chuckled.  She looked at him and smiled.  “When you smile, I smile.  You have a nice smile.”  MinHo smiled more.

 

                “Thank you,” he said.  “So…”

 

                “So?” 

 

MinHo shyly smiled.  ‘Ah, what to say?!’ he yelled in his mind.  MiYoung stared at the ground.  ‘Think, MiYoung, think!’ she scolded herself.

 

                “How old are you?” he quickly asked.  ‘I sound like a reporter,’ he thought in disappointment.  MiYoung giggled.

 

                “I just turned 17 a few months ago,” she answered.  He smiled.  “You’re 18, right?”

 

                “Yeah.  December 9th I turn 19,” he added.

 

                “JiSoo made me watch Yunhanam and I did.”  MinHo looked at her.  “You were really sweet to your date.  Any girl would be lucky to have you as a boyfriend.”

 

                “Thank you,” he said comfortably.  MiYoung smiled.  She saw a clock and looked at it.  MinHo looked at the time too and frowned.  It was almost 10.  “It’s getting late.”  MiYoung nodded.

 

                “I have class in the morning,” she said and stood up. 

 

MinHo did too and followed her out the door.  MiYoung already saw JiSoo getting ready to leave too.  JiSoo saw and smiled.

 

                “It to have morning classes, you know?” JiSoo said.  MiYoung chuckled and shook her head.

 

                “Yeah, but next week is a start of a two and half month vacation,” MiYoung said, trying to get to a positive side.

 

                “Yes!  No school until March.”  She frowned.  “You do know that we get work still, right?  ‘Students, make sure to look online if any work is posted up.’  Ugh.  I mean, how come they do that for both college and high school?”  Everyone laughed.  MiYoung gently shoved her.

 

                “Baby.”

 

                “Genius.”

 

Key laughed and hugged JiSoo.

 

                “I’ll call you, okay?”  JiSoo nodded and gave him a peck on the lips.  MiYoung walked up to MinHo.

 

                “I’ll give back your shirt soon,” she said quietly.  MinHo shook his head.

 

                “It’s alright,” he said simply.  MiYoung softly laughed.

 

                “Uh…okay since you’re really okay with it.  Umm…bye,” she said to him.  She turned to the others.  “Bye, it’s nice to meet you.”

 

JiSoo patiently waited for JiSoo out the hallway.  MiYoung turned back to MinHo and smiled, having him smile back.

 

                “B-Bye.”

 

                “Bye.”