Chapter Twenty- Three

The Carrier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris POV

The time is three in the afternoon, and I am waiting for Ahra to come back home. Everything is all place together for my big surprise for her. I just hope she makes it on time before it’s too late. I even called her work to explain the situation; the happily agreed Ahra could take a couple of days off. I even got my friends to help out with the surprise for Ahra; sadly it came with a cost of paying them to help out. They were currently at the second location preparing for the surprise.

 My patience was slowly running out, and I had to call for Ahra to find out where she is. The phone had ringed about three times before she picked up “I’m hurrying! What is the emergency?” Ahra asked.

“Uh-uh, I-ts” before I could make up an excuse I saw Ahra running down the street coming towards me. I then quickly hung yup and chase after her; I notice her tripping stumbling onto the ground. “Ahra!” I called for her; she kept her head down. When I kneeled down to the ground, I cupped her cheeks “are you okay” Ahra was already crying.  It didn’t take me a second to envelop her in a big hug, and soothe Ahra by rubbing her back.

“It stings” Ahra weep. I carried Ahra back home hiding her face in the crook of my neck. I place her on the bed and went straight to the washroom and got our first aid kit. I wiped away the blood from her scrapped knee. Ahra closes her eyes has she waited for disinfected to be placed on her knee “That’s Stings” Ahra exclaimed.

“I’m sorry, but you should have been more careful” I lectured her.

“Well, you said I had to come home because there was an emergency!” Ahra crossed her arms and pouted. I finished up bandaging her wound by placing a large gauze band-aid on her knee “Kris what is the emergency? Everything looks fine” Ahra looked around.

“Let me show you” I took Ahra hand and walked with her to the front door. I covered her eyes with my hand and opened the door.  “Surprise!!!” I removed my hand and showed her the Mustang convertible “We have been both working too hard and stressing about the pregnancy, I think it’s time for a vacation. Just me and you having a romantic time” I wrapped my arms around Ahra waist as we swayed back and forth. “What do you say?” I asked.

“As much as I loved too but what about my work or even your job? Aren’t you in the middle of plans for contracting for you building?” Ahra doesn’t know how to fun; I don’t think she ever had fun with being busy with school and work all the times.

“My company can manage a few days without me; they have my number for any emergencies and Jessica said she will help me out. As for your work, I already called them and got the days off for your job. If your worry about us not having the money for this vacation just know I have been saving for this day since I met you” With that I kissed Ahra on the lips surprising her.

“I don’t know” Ahra bit down on lip, which I think it’s the most attractive thing she could do to me. I picked Ahra up throwing her over his shoulders. “Put me down” Ahra shouts has she hit my back. I put her in the car; she is about to get out when I glare at her. Ahra gets comfy in her seat and crosses her arm. She is not happy making the surprise off to a bad start. I go to the car open the drunk taking the bouquet of flowers for Ahra. I got into the driver seat and han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter