Chapter 18- So Close

The Carrier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suho POV

I waited for Ahra to come out of the Exam room changed into her street clothes. I was more than happy knowing the tests so far have been going great. When the rest of the test results come back good, we can go for the insemination today. It is going to be great knowing I am going to be a father, and just maybe it will fix whatever is going on with Jessica and me.

“Ready,” Ahra said snapping me out of my thoughts. I smiled and reached out for her hand. Instead, Ahra hooks her arm with mine. I wish she could be more open with me, I want to hold her hand and be close to each other.

“What do you want to eat . . . Any cravings” I wiggle my eyebrow joking with Ahra. She smiles and laughs “Kidding, but I will buy whatever lunch you want,” I said as we walked through the hospital halls.

“Umm, how about some nice barbeque?” Ahra said.

I pinched her cheeks “I know a great place where I go with colleagues. It’s just across the street; we won’t be far from the hospital” I watch Ahra smile and nod. As we walk the streets I make sure, Ahra stays close by my side. I like knowing that Ahra still smiling even after all these years. The last time I saw Ahra she was crying breaking my heart.

I listen to Ahra as I lead the direction to the direction of the restaurant. Ahra freely talks about her work, about how she is going to explain to them that she needs maternity leave without keeping the baby. I laugh as she blows her bangs out of her face. I suggest that she can’t always babysit for us and pretend the babies are hers “But Jessica’s rule” Ahra mentions and I frown again.

“I will talk to her, we are friends and I don’t think I want us to fall apart like we did before” I slowly stop and smile “We are friends right? I want us to be friends, I want us to be like how we were back in high school” I said with hope but with the look in Ahra eyes I knew I got rejected right there.

“Suho I want us to be friends but not like back in high school,” Ahra said just confusing me. I waited for to explain to me more “In high school I had a crush on you, I love you Suho.” My heart started to race with Ahra saying those words I always want to hear. “But my feelings change, I love Kris now and he is my partner. I want us to be friends who support each other with no love interest at all” Ahra said and I understood.

“I understand, I’m married to Jessica. We love each other” I lied “And I hope we do become good friends” When I reach for Ahra hand, she laced her fingers with mine. I started to get nervous as I tried to smile and try not be awkward. “We are almost there” I pull Ahra into the direction of the restaurant. When we get there, I open the door for Ahra “Table for two” I ask the host.

We sat at a table in the corner having a lot of privacy. As we look at the menu, I kept looking up to see Ahra scrunching her nose. I tried to hold my laughter but she looked cute as concentrated at the menu. I could tell that Ahra is hungry as she her lips over and over again “God, everything looks so good” She her lips again. I couldn’t help but laugh out loud, Ahra seemed surprised with my outburst.

“Order anything you want, it’s on me remember?” I said. Ahra smiled and raised her hand calling for the host. Ahra order so much food I was a bit surprise “Are you going to finish everything” I ask her, she smirks at me making my face heat up. I cleared my throat and drank some water.

The waiter came with our food; she place the meat on the barbeque. Ahra had the chopsticks in as she stared at the food. I decide to flip the pieces of meat so the get done quicker. When I found a piece, that was already cooked I feed it to Ahra. She smiled and rolled her eyes as she chewed her food. “It’s so good,” Ahra said. I had given her more pieces on her plate before I added more onto the barbeque.

“Eat as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter