Sept

Saving Kim Hanbin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

PE may be one of the lessons Mihyun actually likes other than Biology and Chemistry. She can move freely, feet high in the air as she runs, not caged in a classroom with her head down, jotting down words onto her notebook. It doesn't makes her eyelids heavy with sleep or cause her to yawn, PE brings out the positive in her because rather than sitting on her chair and taking notes, Mihyun prefers running around the field or playing any kind of sport.

 

The healthy morning sun and the wind rushing past her are the things she loves the most. Normally, girls will complain about how there's sweat trickling down their face or their T-shirt sticking to their backs, but not Mihyun. She swears she has to fight down the urge to slap those overly girly girl who complain about petty things such as sprinting that would 'ruin their hair'. Who knows how long the time they spend in front of a mirror, trying to look as flawless as possible.

 

Mihyun would like to thank God because He gave her a best friend who is attentive about her appearance, yet doesn't obsess over it. Hayi would only complain about the sour smell of sweat rather than the activities itself, since she really can't stand any kind of horrible odor.

 

That's why Mihyun is not pleased at all at the end of PE. While talking to Hayi about their next period which will because it's Math, meaning Mrs. Han will lecture them with her ever slow and stoic teaching style, Mr. Wu's voice reaches her ear. "Whose turn is it to bring the Class Journal?"

 

The Class Journal is a system Principal Jung invented. True to its name, it's a journal made for teachers to sign on it so the students have an official proof of the teachers being in their class and giving them lessons. At the end of the week, each class has to turn in the Class Journal to Principal Jung, and she will check if there is any teachers slacking off or not doing their job properly.

 

"It's my turn, sir. I'll go get it," Mihyun says, bolting inside the building and heading to her classroom.

 

Once she's in the hallway, Mihyun slows down to a skip, thinking it isn't necessary to run anymore. Plus, if she get caught by one of the teachers for running in the hallway, say hello to a 3-hours detention after school for 'disturbing the peace of the hallway'.

 

Just as she about to slide the classroom door open, a breathless voice stops her, "Wait!"

 

Mihyun turns to the person and sees Hanbin, clearly out of breath as he rests his palms on his knees, trying to supply some air into his lungs. Her eyebrows climb up in confusion.

 

"I'll get the class journal. Just get back to the field." He straightens himself and look straight to Mihyun, who didn't budge an inch.

 

The familiar feeling of suspicion floods Mihyun. With questioning eyes, she her head to the side. "Why should I? It's my turn today."

 

Emitting a choked groan, Hanbin's fingers twitch, resisting the urge to pull his hair. The gestures make Mihyun not only suspicious, but also alert at the same time. This is one of his prank, and I'm not going to fall for it. Going by her instincts, she rounds up her nerves and moves to open the classroom door.

 

"Song Mihyun!—"

 

The seconds pass by slower for Mihyun as she sees Hanbin reaching for her from the corner of he eyes. Something falls down and a loud clatter of the it snaps her out of her haze, nudging her back to reality. Bucket?  She darts her eyes to the floor to find water pooling around her sneakers. And then something drips to her head. Something cold that reminds her of melted ice.

 

She tilts her head up and a drenched Hanbin stares back at her— well, not literally since his wet hair is sticking to his face and covering his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter