Quatre

Saving Kim Hanbin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Mihyun squirms in her seat as the Principal Room's door clicks open and the sound of Principal Jung's heels tapping against the thin maroon carpet cuts through the air.

 

"As the two of you already know," Principal Jung takes off her glasses and places it on the table, "Our school has zero tolerance towards any form of bullying."

 

The silence around them is thick, deafening. Soft rustling of paper can be heard from the other room, accompanied by the steady tick of the wall clock above them. The framed pictures of the previous Principals surrounds them, her anxiety making it like the pictures are staring at her. Sitting on the edge of her seat with drier than the desert, she fists her palm on her skirt, wrinkling the fabric.

 

"Kim Hanbin," Principal Jung locks her gaze with the boy who's sitting beside Mihyun. "I have no interest in knowing the reason behind your inappropriate behavior. That childish prank deserves no explanation."

 

She glances up to check on Hanbin. The boy displays his usual expressionless look and Mihyun would like to applause him for maintaining a straight face in front of Principal Jung. Just when she thought Hanbin has audacity to challenge Principal Jung, she catches Hanbin gulping down, probably as nervous as Mihyun are, though he doesn't show it much. Well, he should be. If he hadn't put that balloon in Mihyun's locker, none of this would've happen. The question that's constantly swimming in her head is Hanbin already got his revenge yesterday. What the heck is he aiming for? So that he can humiliate Mihyun even more? To drive her up the wall? But she didn't even do anything wrong to him! The orange juice incident doesn't count because it was an accident.

 

"And you, Song Mihyun." Principal Jung focuses her attention on Mihyun, "It's not the first time you're showing extreme violence to other students. Such a shame, really, seeing how your grades are beyond satisfying." She clicks her tongue in disappointment that sent Mihyun's throat to tighten up.

 

Neither one of them dare to speak up, choosing to stay silent and hope Principal Jung is not going to drop any bomb on them. You certainly don't want to be in the sleeping tiger's room. Behind those calm eyes and small smile is something you don't want to see.

 

Mihyun is plain crestfallen, fearing Principal Jung will deduct points from her grades.

 

"My punishment for both of you is cleaning the bathroom after school ends. I hope it's enough for the two of you to reflect on your actions," Principal Jung says, "I will inform your parents about this."

 

Filled with dread, her shoulder slumps. She doesn't want her father to find out about the fact she exploded in school again. Mihyun can imagine her father's eyebrows knitting together in dissatisfaction as he reads the letter from Principal Jung. She shouldn't have erupted like that, but the building fury inside her is akin to a lava, pushing themselves with much force out of Mihyun.

 

It was all because of a certain boy named Kim Hanbin.

 

Principal Jung nods her head, "You two are dismissed."

                       

"That's nasty," Mino grimaces, "Cleaning the toilet? Uh, no thank you."

 

Mihyun groans, voice heavy with exasperation. She wants to feel the comfort mattress against her back , not cleaning the toilet with Hanbin. With each step heavier than the last one, her groans soon turn into a whine.

 

Hayi, seeing how Mihyun is spirit-less, shoves Mino's shoulder, "Don't be like that. You're not helping." She pats Mihyun's back in hope to reassure the other, "It'll be over before you k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter