Six

Saving Kim Hanbin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Hayi links her arm with Mihyun as they stroll down the hallway, murmurs of the students buzzes with the squeaks of their sneakers against the polished floor. The day is not as eventful as the last two day. For some reason, Mihyun is glad Hanbin doesn't try to cause a scene and degrade her. No contact with Hanbin is made today, not even a single gaze. She can't help but wonder if this is the calm before the storm situation.

 

One day without Kim Hanbin. This needs a little celebration. Mihyun cheers inside her head. "Wanna go to the café? I'm craving for green tea latte," Mihyun offers. She her lips as if she can already taste the bittersweet drink.

 

The blonde comes to sudden halt, drawing Mihyun back. Hayi smacks her forehead and cries out, "Mino!"

 

Mihyun her head to the side, "Mino?" 
 

Untangling their arms, Hayi bites her lips. "I promised him we'll go to the café today." She looks up at Mihyun with guilt in her eyes, "Sorry. I'll make it up to you."

 

"It's fine, really. Good thing my suggestion rings a bell, eh?" Mihyun croons as she nudges Hayi.

 

"You're my lifesaver!" Hayi jokes, jutting out her lips in attempt to kiss Mihyun.

 

The other laughs and shoves Hayi's face away, "Go get your man."

 

Turning on her heel while squealing a thank you, Hayi skips in search of her boyfriend. Mihyun continues to walk, still craving for green tea latte but the idea of going to the café all by herself doesn't sound very appealing, although her favorite drink is a must in this weather. She tightens the hold of her navy blue blazer, teeth slightly chattering as the result of the frigid air. Exiting the school building, Mihyun sighs as she tilts her head up and the dull, gray sky stares back at her. She makes a mental note to bring an umbrella tomorrow in case it rains and drink multivitamin. The weather screams sickness and flu a.k.a. things she should avoid.

 

Perhaps the cons of your best friend having a lover is you don't get to spend much time with them compared to when they're single. Mihyun doesn't object Hayi and Mino's relationship, not the slightest bit. The guy is funny and he's a helpless romantic for Hayi, which is good since she likes cheesy, fluffy things. But sometimes, Mihyun misses the time where she spent a whole day talking with Hayi about everything.

 

"Song Mihyun," a deep voice pulls Mihyun out of her thoughts. Startled, she turns to the direction where the voice comes from and finds Kim Hanbin, leaning against one of the pillars.

 

"What do you want?" Mihyun demands. Just when I thought this day is Hanbin-free. She grumbles inside her head.

 

Hanbin gestures her to come closer. She lifts her foot, ready to step forward when she reminds herself that he is Kim Hanbin, the obnoxious, cocky guy who makes her life seems like a living hell in just a matter of two days. This is probably one of his plan, and Mihyun will not fall into his trap. Maybe if she does as he told her to, there'd be an orange juice pouring down on her out of nowhere. You'll never know.

 

"I don't want to," Mihyun insists, crossing her arms and planting her feet firmly on the ground.

 

"Aish," he groans, detaching his back from the pillar and starts to walk towards Mihyun. To the advantage of his long legs, in approximately five seconds— It's not that Mihyun is counting— Hanbin is already standing right in front of her. Students begin to stare at the two, anticipating the prank to happen because their prank war is currently the hottest topic in school. It's not every day you get to see a boy and a girl having a prank war.

 

"What?" She asks, tapping her foot to the ground. Hanbin rubs the back of his neck and heaves an exasperated sigh before shoving a lilac paperbag to her, the logo of a shop stamped on its front side.

 

She narrows her eyes at him, "If you're trying to poison me, it's not going to work." Mihyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter