- E I G H T -

My Star-crossed Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I groan aloud. For a drunk person to have such a hard time falling asleep, I decide that I’m definitely not a normal drunk. I roll over again onto the left side of my bed. It was two o’clock in the morning and I’ve been trying to sleep for the past four hours, but no. My brain just decides not to let me sleep at all. I roll over once more, facing the ceiling.

The walk home earlier was lonely. I insisted I walk the rest of the way by myself since my house was just two minutes away. It took a long time of convincing Jiyong that I had a bit of common sense left to guide myself home in the state I was in, but he eventually agreed. I felt uncomfortable arguing with him in front of that girl, Kiko, as he called her, but I put on an encouraging smile, despite my fuzzy vision and agonizing headache, and told him I’d walk the rest of the way home and for him to go with his friend. He reluctantly got in her car after what seemed to be ten minutes of intense whispering, but not before telling me to be careful.

Now, here I was, four hours later, still rolling from one side of my bed to the other, trying to fall asleep. Millions of questions occupied my brain and numerous thoughts bounced in my head.  I remember the stiffening of his body as he laid eyes on her. I wanted to ask Jiyong who she was. What was she to him?

My obscure thoughts were paused by the thumping noise outside my window. At first, I thought it was the wind rattling, but when the thumping noise became louder followed by the loud whisper of my name, I thought I’d gone crazy. I flip my covers off my body, swinging my legs over the side of the bed to stand up. I made my way over to my window. Hesitating, I slowly pull the left side of my curtain to peek outside. I was met with Jiyong’s figure standing outside next to the tree in the backyard, pebbles in hand, dressed in a black hooded jacket, the hood covering his head. Oddly enough, I felt as if I was watching a scene from Romeo and Juliet.

‘Yah, Park Sandara, are you sure you’re not sleep walking right now?’

It took me a good three minutes and five pinches to my arm before I whip my window open.

In an urgent whisper, I gesture to him. “Yah! What do you think you’re doing, pabo!”

Ignoring my question, he point to the window and loudly whispers, “Open the window wider! I’m coming up!” Jiyong gracefully climbs the tree, his lean body easily making its way up the tall trunk of the tree. Before I knew it, he was squeezing his long body through my small window. He lightly jumps down, knocking over a pile of books on the floor. He pulls his hood off the top of his head and looks at me, giving me a crooked smile.

“Oops, sorry,” he murmurs and nonchalantly makes his way around me to kick off his shoes and jump on my bed. I gape at him incredulously as if he’s some foreign alien, but he just ignores my stare and lies down, settling himself under my covers.

“Yeah, sure, just make yourself at home,” I mutter sarcastically, putting both my hands on my hips, still gaping at him. He buries himself deeper into my covers and laughs.

“Come on, country girl, let’s have a sleepover. I’ll even let you sleep next to me. Just promise not to take advantage,” he teases in that deep voice of his and I just melt despite his absurd declaration. I walk over to my bed and pull the covers off of him.

“Yah! Who said you could sleep over?! And what?! Take advantage?! I might as well throw you out the window,” I whisper loudly. He groans and pulls the covers back up to his body.
“I was just kidding, Dara-ya. I’ll behave,” he says and gives me a warm smile. I roll my eyes and sit down on the spot on bed next to him and sit criss cross.
I glance over at him. “Seriously, Jiyong. What are you doing here at two in the morning?”

He flips over to his side to fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter