- E L E V E N -

My Star-crossed Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong

Present

 

What right did I have to call them my eyes? I was an and I knew it. The guilt clawed at me, ready to every ounce of oxygen left in my body. There she is, standing there, leaving me breathless like she always did. The girl who I’d fallen in love with six years ago. The girl who showed me that I was capable of trusting someone. The girl who I’d foolishly left after calling her my best friend, with no explanation, no goodbye, no nothing. Why the did I do that when I knew in my heart that what we had was no where near just friendship? I don’t even know myself.

As President Yang introduces the girls to the Big Bang members, I stare at her face. Dara was still the same. Her eyes were still that warm brown and her skin was still as soft as I remembered from that night. The moment my outstretched hand touched her soft skin, I felt my heart surge forward. It was as if it were just yesterday I’d slept beside her warmth. My chest tightens at the familiar pang of guilt that makes itself known inside my chest. My huge hand engulfs her tiny, soft fingers as I gently shake her hand and she bows.

She waits a couple of seconds, looking like she was at a lost for words, trying to make sense of this situation. A part of of me wondered if she’d introduce herself as Dara and say ‘long time no see’ or if she’d introduce herself as if she were some stranger I’d never met. The moment of silence was interrupted when she speaks in her small, soft voice.

“Um, anhyeonghaseyo, um, Sandara Park-imnida. I-It’s an honor to meet you,” she says in a soft whisper and I feel my heart drop. Of course she’d pretend she didn’t know me, what was I expecting?

I don’t know how I even find coherent words, but reluctantly, I introduce myself.

“A-ahnyeonghaseyo, um, G-dragon-imnida, but please call me Jiyong,” I stutter like an idiot and I hear Seungri chuckle next to me.

“Hyung, don’t blush too hard. You’re so obvious,” he teases me and I abruptly let go of Dara’s hand and glare at him. He shoves me aside and takes Dara’s hand.

“Anyeong, noona! Remember me?” he says in annoyingly enthusiastic tone and I feel an urge to pull his ear and drag him off.

The sound of Dara’s soft giggle catches me off guard and all the memories of the us at the pier, making her laugh and writing lyrics just pop up in my brain and I cringe inwardly. It’d been six years since the last time I’d heard that refreshing laugh of hers and right now it was the most painful thing to hear. Because I knew it wasn’t for me.

“Girls, these are the members of Big Bang,” says President Yang, smiling proudly. The four girls stand in a line and bow, introducing themselves.

“Anyeonghaseyo, we are 2NE1! Please take good care of us,” they say in unison and the Big Bang members bow in unison in response.

“It’s an honor to be able to meet you guys,” Minzy says in awe.

Taeyang chuckles and shakes his head. “Don’t be scared of us. Just treat us like big brothers,” he says.

“Yeah, you can treat them as brothers, but not me,” Seungri winks, hands on his hips, taking a step towards the girls and they giggle.

“Look at me as a man,” he adds, making the members and I laugh in disbelief.

“Yah, Lee Seung-hyun, wipe the drool off your mouth,” Top-hyung says in disbelief and pulls Seungri back by his collar like a puppy.

“Yah, all of you better behave! If you don’t I’ll take away all your little toys and hit you upside the head,” Sajang-nim threatens half jokingly and half seriously, making the boys laugh nervously.

My eyes snap over to Dara and I catch her staring at me. She immediately turns the other way, trying to focus her attention on something else.

“Don’t worry, hyung-nim. We’ll take good care of our dongsaengs,” says Top-hyung, smirking.

“Yeah, you better take good care of them,” Sajang-nim threatens and then turns to the girls with a smile.

“Girls, better get well acquainted with these pu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter