- S I X -

My Star-crossed Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My head lays on Jiyong’s lap as I close my eyes and lay there lifelessly on the sand. The noise of the waves crashing against the rocks filled the silence between us. My limbs are achingly sore and I could still feel the last bit of adrenaline in my system. Cliff diving off Yangnam Cliff sure could drain a girl of every drop of energy.

Jiyong’s chuckle vibrates through his body causing me to open an eye to peek at him.

“Tired already? Come on, country girl. Didn’t know that one cliff was all it took to shut you up,” he teases, brushing a strand of my bangs behind my ear. I groan aloud and roll my head off his lap, plopping onto the sand next to him. I'm exhausted and I couldn’t even find the strength to snap a witty comeback to him.

What should’ve been a day of showing him ‘my Jejudo’ turned out to be three weeks worth of adventures throughout the island and this was just one of them. In just those three adventure filled weeks, I felt like I'd known him my whole life. It was crazy. I was crazy and I pretty sure he was too. I'd felt like I'd been dreaming for the longest time all because of him.

Speaking of the devil, my rambling thoughts were suddenly put into a halt by his voice.

“Well, cliff diving, check! Is this our last destination for today, madam?” Jiyong asks smiling at me. He found my lack of strength very amusing, apparently. I just groan in response.

“Yah, are you dying? Tell me if you are. I’ll dump you in the ocean,” he teases, making me glare at him from where I lay. My legs felt like jelly and I had this urge to take a nap.

Jiyong chuckles again and stands up, slinging his bag on his arm.

“Yah, dummy, get up. Let’s get you home before we piss your brothers off,” he said, bending down to poke my arm. I groan again and muster up strength to mumble a few words.

“Hmm, just leave me here to die,” I moan against the sand, making him laugh.

“I gladly would, but your brothers will kinda skin me alive. And I'm pretty fond of my skin, actually. So let’s go, let’s go. Carry your up,” he encouraged, bending down to roll me over and help me sit up.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter