Back in love

Fifteen Stops of Love; [1] Maldives

When Kyungsoo returned from China to Korea, there wasn’t anyone at home—and he wasn’t surprised. Jongin rarely contacted him when he was in China, an indication that he was really busy with work. Kyungsoo put down his luggage, put the snacks he brought from China into the kitchen and opened the fridge to find it empty—not even eggs for Kyungsoo to make Jongin a fried egg. The yellow post-it note that he stuck on the refrigerator to remind Jongin to eat often was also left untouched, and the whole loft seemed like it hasn’t been lived in for a long time. Kyungsoo frowned and decided to get some takeaway to Jongin’s office, and when he reached, he looked up to find that Jongin’s office lights were indeed still switched on—and it was one in the morning already.

Kyungsoo sat by the fountain quietly, until he felt a poke in his shoulder.

“A-yo wassup.” It was Kris instead. “Waiting for Kai?”

“Yeah.” Kyungsoo replied listlessly. He never really liked Kris for the fact that he had relationship rumours with Kai, and despite Kai’s attempts at changing Kris’ impression in Kyungsoo’s heart, he never really succeeded.

“Hur, I thought you two broke up already?”

“WHAT?” Ugh, Kyungsoo hated Kris even more now.

“Well, Kai looks like he’s been dumped, so forgive me who jumped to conclusions so easily.” Kris rolled his eyes. “Anyway, I deliver good news.”

“What.”

“I resigned. You’re happy to hear that, huh? Sometimes I feel as if your glares burn holes in me.”

“Why?”

“I’m going back to China with Yixing. He wants to open a dance school in China and I can look for a job in China too. Maybe I’ll even become a dance trainer along with him.”

“Pfftt.” Kyungsoo stifled a snort.

“On a more serious note, I’ll probably become a model or something. Business taking a toll on me already. Or I’ll man his dance company for him. He has amassed quite a following in China already, so getting students and teachers should not be a problem. I can’t wait to start a new life with him.” Kris sighed dreamily. “And I suppose I’m happy that Jongin found you. He does seem more happy.”

After finishing whatever he wanted to say to Kyungsoo, Kris left with a wave, before he was pulled back by Kyungsoo. Kris thought that Kyungsoo was touched by his farewell words, and was going to congratulate him on his new lease of life.

“Kris hyung, I’m really happy that you resigned. Thank you.” Kyungsoo’s white teeth gleamed in the dark as he let out a wide smile. “Now Jongin won’t have any more weird rumours surrounding him.”

Kris nearly fainted on the spot from anger.

 

It was two already, and Kyungsoo’s eyelids were drooping. He received another poke in his shoulder and he looked up angrily, only to find that it was Jongin who had heavy black eyebags (not very noticeable actually, but whatever).

“You’re back?” Jongin looked like he couldn’t believe it.

“Yeah, I sent you a text, didn’t you see it?”

“Oh, I haven’t been looking at my phone.”

“Didn’t you look down at the fountain?”

Jongin was a little angry. “I know that you wouldn’t be here so why would I bother to look down?”

Kyungsoo did not notice Jongin’s change in mood and held his hand happily. “It’s okay, at least you caught me. Let’s go home!”

Jongin couldn’t understand Kyungsoo. He knew what Kyungsoo had been up to in China, stalking Luhan’s page every break but he felt worse after seeing them pose intimately, and felt that perhaps Kyungsoo did not like him that much afterall.

“Did you take photos? Show me some.” Jongin asked while Kyungsoo nodded.

“Many!” Jongin looked over and saw the photo of them in Wang Fujing. Jongin didn’t expect Kyungsoo to be so flippant about the photos he took with Luhan.

Kyungsoo was immersed into his own world, describing the sights animatedly because he was excited and happy that Kris had left the company, and he did not realize that Jongin was jealous.

“Anyway, I told Luhan hyung that I would bring you along the next time I go visit him. Do you think you can get leave then?”

Jongin stopped breathing for a second. As if his world brightened up instantly from the darkened state it had been in—no more questions were needed. He lowered his head to kiss Kyungsoo.

“Yeah, totally free then.”

 

 

Christmas was meant to be a date for Jongin and Kyungsoo, and they had already reserved a table for two at Saveur, the French restaurant everyone had been raving about, but Yifan (formerly known as Kris—because Yifan thought that a new life meant a need for a new name—and he decided on using his birth name instead) and Yixing knocked on the door to Jongin’s loft—and they couldn’t turn these two away, so they decided to stay at home to entertain them. Kyungsoo felt it apt to allow them in, and to his surprise, it was Jongin who clutched on his sleeve, whispering a silent ‘no’. Kyungsoo liked Yixing a lot—because they were both good cooks, and Yixing could empathise with Kyungsoo when Jongin neglected him for work at times (but hey, Jongin’s trying okay?), and they contacted each other a lot privately.

Jongin stared at Yifan’s ring he displayed prominently for a while while lounging on his sofa before Kyungsoo jumped up from his lap and threw a little box into his hands. Jongin opened it up and found a ring in it. He glanced at Kyungsoo who was blushing already and Yifan popped over with his eyes opened wide.

“How many months worth of salary did you spend on this? What an investment!”

Kyungsoo laughed and laid down next to Jongin, grabbing a handful of chips meanwhile. “I used Jonginnie’s card, anyway he reeks of money so I’ll pay him back by instalments. If I go bankrupt, I can just sell myself to him. I must say I’m quite expensive.”

Yixing smiled serenely beside Yifan while Yifan was weirded out by the couple, especially Kyungsoo. Although he was happy for Jongin but he never knew that Jongin had such… exquisite taste in men.

 

But that night, when the couples decided to play Blackjack, Yifan ---the manager of Yixing’s dance company and ex-CFO of EXO lost to Kyungsoo—his ex-employee a few thousands of dollars, which made him lose face like no tomorrow. Yixing patted his back and said that it didn’t matter since Yifan had a load of money, while Kyungsoo grinned widely and thanked him for sponsoring part of his ring instead. Jongin counted the winnings arrogantly.

“Hahha see? I told you Kyungsoo’s a genius in his own way.” And proceeded to help Kyungsoo put on socks because it was getting colder into the night. Yifan mock-puked into his cup of steaming lemon tea while Yixing just smiled a bit, shuffling the cards in his hands quickly.

 

 

After Christmas came the new year, and their first year anniversary was coming soon. Kyungsoo and Jongin had been together for almost a year, and this was kept under wraps pretty well. Kyungsoo kind of relished the feeling of a secret relationship now—especially since Jongin’s reassurances had finally succeeded and the presence of the ring made their relationship even stronger since it was a sign of commitment. Kai’s business partners also knew that he had his other half now, and Kyungsoo accompanied him to such after-work parties at times.

Kai was now the only CEO of EXO Corp, but he had given a promotion to the most deserving man in the company to assist him, and that happened to be Joonmyun. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were very happy about it, at least Kyungsoo was until the end of year party where Kai and Joonmyun were paired together for a game and were since teased for a long time as incriminating photos were taken. Joonmyun was blushing while Kai was staring at him ‘lovingly’ (Which, Jongin argued, was the way he looked at everyone and he couldn’t help it) and they became everyone’s OTP.

Now, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun’s daily lunches were joined by a new member—Kim Jongdae. Apparently he went to the Maldives as well, but Kyungsoo hadn’t known him then. He was funny, with a Cheshire grin and a chiseled face, sharp jawline, which made him a direct contrast from Kyungsoo who was on the rounder side. When Baekhyun showed the duo the photo of Kai and Joonmyun, Kyungsoo complained loudly that they looked like siblings instead of a couple while Jongdae kept quiet.

“Why so quiet, Jongdae?” Baekhyun realized his mate turned quiet all of a sudden.

“Actually…” He muttered while Baekhyun and Kyungsoo moved closer.

“I’mdatingjoonmyunhyung”

“WHAT?!”

“That’s good that’s good.” Kyungsoo grinned widely. Kai was off limits to everybardy!!!

“But well,” Baekhyun flipped his bangs. “Maybe Kai still harbours a secret love for Kris.”

“Hey Baekhyun.”

“What is it, Kyungie-poo?”

“Let me tell you a secret.”

“What?”

“First things first. What’s the most absurd rumour have you hear about Kai in the past year?”

“Well, that he was dating a normal worker in our company? But that’s weird, because we would know. I mean, they can’t be that secretive, can they? For example, everyone from CEO Kai to the cleaning ahjummas know that Channie and I are together.” Baekhyun asserted.

“Now let me teach you. The most absurd things may be the truth afterall. Come closer.”

Baekhyun and Jongdae moved closer to Kyungsoo as the latter took out his phone to show a selca of a half Jongin hugging Kyungsoo lying on the bed.

“So, Byun Baekhyun, which photo is the more incriminating one?”

“Dafuq , when did you get into a relationship with CEO Kai?” Baekhyun looked flabbergasted.

“Since a year ago.”

“I think I need some time to digest this information.” Jongdae fell onto his seat.

Kyungsoo nodded, satisfied with himself. He spotted Kai coming out of the lift to go for lunch, and they smiled widely at each other.

Indeed, being able to meet Kim Jongin, was the best thing that ever happened to Kyungsoo.

 

 

Author’s Note: Well, the first stop has ended! Preety long hiatus but thanks for sticking with me so far :)

Next stop's URL: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/993633