Baby tell me what is jealousy

Fifteen Stops of Love; [1] Maldives

Kyungsoo made a call to Jongin when he touched down in China, but the latter was having a meeting and Kyungsoo decided to leave a message instead. Kai smiled for a moment and replied a simple ‘okay’ before delving into his work. Kai had no incentive to go home early when Kyungsoo wasn’t there—which meant that the Auditing department was thrown into hell again, and Baekhyun cursed Kai, saying that he had been possessed for the past few weeks and that he turned normal again.

When Kai looked down to the fountain to see emptiness instead of a certain bug-eyed boy holding a cup of ramen, he felt as if his heart was empty too, and decided to send a text message over to Kyungsoo.

 

To: Kyungsoo⊙ω⊙
From: Jongin  (`・ω・´)”

whr u? wat u doin???                                                      

 

When they were only in the beginning stages of their friendship, Kyungsoo was usually the one waiting for Kai’s reply, be it how long—Kyungsoo had the patience for him. But when it came to impatient Kai, he waited for ten, thirty and finally sixty minutes before throwing his phone onto the sofa agitatedly.

When Kai decided to take a break and get coffee from the convenience store downstairs, he exited the room only to find Byun Baekhyun waiting outside of the elevator, presumably only having ended his overtime for the night. Baekhyun smiled at his superior (because Chanyeol had finally shown him a photo of Kris and Kai at the opening ceremony of one of their associates, thus Baekhyun could recognize the man now) and before he could process the fact that he had just met his elusive superior, Kai pulled on his arm and forced Baekhyun to stop in his tracks.

“Hey, listen, could I ask you a question?”

“Yeah, sure.” Baekhyun shrugged.

“You’re Do Kyungsoo’s good friend, right? Do you know that he went to China?” Kai regretted it immediately once the words left as he realized it was extremely strange for him to ask about a nobody’s business.

“What. China.” Baekhyun deadpanned. “No wonder he hasn’t been at work for almost one week. I thought he was sick, that bastard.”

“Oh, you haven’t heard about it? I heard HR’s weekly report so I was just asking.”

“Hmm, China, he probably went to see Luhan hyung.”

“Luhan..hyung?”

“Yup, Luhan hyung. He has been Kyungsoo’s best friend since university days but he went back to China to work once he graduated from university. Kyungsoo visits him every year, so I’m not surprised.”

“Best friend? How close are they?”

“To the extent that they can probably shower together.” Baekhyun shrugged carelessly.

“Oh..do you think you could give me Luhan’s number? I have had the intention of transferring Do Kyungsoo to the audit department, so it would be good if I could perhaps speak to him.” Kai came up with a ty excuse before Baekhyun could sense anything out of the ordinary.

“Not his phone number, but you can probably find him on Facebook and Weibo. We always keep in contact through these websites because Luhan hyung has a type of software that can bypass the Great Firewall of China. But it would probably be better if you speak to Kyungsoo personally on such matters, Mr Kim.”

Kai nodded awkwardly, and muttered a low thanks before disappearing into the lift.

 

Before finding himself in his car, searching for this Lu Han’s facebook account. He saw the latest post on Facebook—a photo of Kyungsoo and him at a food street in Beijing, Wang Fujing.

“My dearest Kyungsoo has come to visit me in the new year—A wonderful surprise that is more beautiful than an angel.”

And Kyungsoo looked really happy in the photo.

Perhaps it was Kai’s fault to assume that Kyungsoo’s wide smile was solely reserved for him, but he was always of the opinion that he was the person closest to Kyungsoo. The new information on Luhan made him unsettled, and even a tinge of fear appeared in his heart because Luhan looked hella cute.

His text remained unanswered for almost the entire day, and Kai put it at the back of his mind. He ended work at five in the morning, and decided to walk home by himself. It was a long journey, but he enjoyed the solitude for he was unwilling to go home to face the emptiness present.

When he unlocked the door, his phone beeped and Kai swiped his screen to reveal a message from Kyungsoo.

 

To: Jongin  (`・ω・´)” 
From: Kyungsoo⊙ω⊙

With my friend. I’m out late so don’t worry about me J

 

It was a sweet message from Kyungsoo as usual, but Kai felt a little miffed by it. He didn’t understand his bad mood—they weren’t ignoring each other or having an argument, merely that Kyungsoo was away from him and that he did not wait for him. Kai sighed—perhaps he was being too possessive.

 

In China, Luhan and Kyungsoo were having the time of their lives. Kyungsoo could only confide some things in Luhan instead of Baekhyun—Baekhyun’s a great friend, but was too joker and insensitive. Luhan on the other hand was a hyung and more understanding. After eating to the fill at the food streets, Luhan circled Kyungsoo’s arm and whispered into his ear.

“Yah, Kyungsoo. Why did you suddenly come without giving me any notice? I had to cancel a few photoshoots for you!” He frowned and added lightly. “Anything troubling you?”

Kyungsoo shook his head. It was true—he wasn’t angry at Kai or anything, but he craved for something new. Perhaps something more exciting, or just recognition of their relationship. He did not like the feeling of hiding their relationship, having to listen to all the absurd relationship rumours Kai and Kris had, and more importantly the insecurity he had regarding their relationship.

“Hyung, I’m going to bring someone on my next trip here, so be prepared.”

“Oh?” Luhan was very interested. “Who? You’ve never brought anyone here before, is he very important to you?”

“My colleague, more specifically my superior, but younger than me by two years.”

“Is he very important to you?” Luhan repeated, smiling.

Kyungsoo nodded fervently.

“Tell me more about him. How could you keep this from me?” Luhan chided gently and nudged Kyungsoo.

“He’s Kim Jongin, our youngest CEO. Baekhyun says that he’s slightly eccentric and a workaholic, because he’s nice to us outside of work but very strict when it comes to business. He never treats things lightly, and is very concerned about everyone’s work performance, and can be extremely harsh on himself. Everyone thinks he’s capable so they pile work on him but they never realize that he is human too and can be defeated or feel tired. I felt like he was such a person too when I went on holiday with him, because he looked like he was very sick but he still ploughed on to complete all the work he had to finish. He looked like a normal guy at that moment, and I suppose I fell in love with him a little the first time I saw him.He is too strong headed, and too perfect, I feel as if the world is too harsh on him. I have no idea why I like him too, but I just want to be the one who can understand all his worries and troubles, to take care of him when he is too engulfed in his work, to love him for who he is.”

“I see…” Luhan his chin wisely. He remembered his young boy back in Korea, the one who was working so hard in school just to be able to match up to his level and come to China for his university years, and smiled knowingly at Kyungsoo.

“Luhan-hyung, do you think I am in love with him?”

 

Author's note:

Sorry for the super late update! I was kept busy with many things, but I hope you enjoyed this update.

Just a heads-up, the next chapter is the last one for this stop! Thank you for journeying till here with me so far~

Anyone to spazz with me about exo this comeback? Sehun, Chanyeol and Baekhyun are such bias wreckers!!!