Drop the work and party

Fifteen Stops of Love; [1] Maldives

Kyungsoo groaned as he woke up on the couch, massaging his sore back as he realized belatedly that he forgot to warm up before snorkeling yesterday. Thinking that Jongin would be able to turn in his assignments already, Kyungsoo started to plan in his mind the day’s itinerary, but turned to see Jongin still working on audit papers.

Kyungsoo suddenly got a little pissed for some unknown reason that he couldn’t fathom as well. He grabbed Jongin’s laptop and closed it with a loud thud, with Jongin’s surprised glance locking onto him.

“Hey, since I helped you so much yesterday, do me a favour and go for breakfast with me, okay?”

Jongin wouldn’t care usually, but Kyungsoo did help him a lot yesterday and he nodded graciously. Kyungsoo’s eyes widened into an abnormal size and grabbed Jongin’s hand quickly, prancing to the buffet before Jongin could protest.

 

Jongin quickly found himself being led by the nose for the next couple of days, being dragged to snorkel, hike, sunbathe and basically relax on the W Islands. Kyungsoo would help him with the work in the evenings, but when Kyungsoo was snoring like a pig, Jongin would wake up to e-sign the documents that Kyungsoo was not allowed to see.

 

To:Kris
From:Kai

stop sending me work to do bij. spending quality time with ma one true lub here

 

Jongin was of course joking, but he certainly felt warmth towards the doe-eyed boy who entered his life with a bang.

To be honest, Jongin hadn’t gone for a vacation in years, accumulating many weeks of leave in the meantime. This trip to the Maldives was arranged by Kris when Kai was hospitalized for overworking himself, and was mandatory for Kai under the orders of Kris (because Kris claimed that Jongin would die if he continued overworking himself). Jongin, when he was Kai had already lost patience and passion for the art of travelling for he had seen all sorts of scenery when he spent most of the times in hotel meeting rooms and airports. He had enough money to go to anywhere in the world, but he had long lost his desire for travelling. Life was tiring, and not meant to be appreciated, Kai thought.

But the worker who came along with him, Do Kyungsoo seemed to breathe in some fresh air into his mundane life. He was so retarded that he didn’t even know how the charismatic and handsome Kai looked like (bald? What?), but all his emotions were displayed on his face and acted like a kid at times, prancing about when he was happy and eyebrows furrowing when he was unhappy—and it was usually because Jongin was too busy with work to accompany him to have fun. Jongin felt apologetic—like he was at fault for bringing too much work to do. If it was in the past, Jongin would have dismissed him without a care.

Fortunately there was Kyungsoo, who made Jongin actually enjoy the vacation for once.

 

“So how was the trip? Where’s my present?” Baekhyun pounced onto Kyungsoo immediately as the latter stepped into the canteen for lunch when he came back to work.

“Here.”

“What the is this?”

“Well, I had a couple of spare bottles lying around so I filled them up with seawater from the Maldives…” Kyungsoo explained and Baekhyun’s eyes widened comically.

“How dare you, Kyungie-poo! I got you a whole box of chocolates that time I went to Germany and this is what you give me—“ Baekhyun was effectively shut up by a prettily-wrapped present slapped onto his face and changed his expression immediately. “Oh Kyungpie, you’re the best!”

“Shut up, god I’m tired.”

“What did you do?”

“I went for activities in the morning and worked through the night. Quite a sweat, I must say.”

Baekhyun was horrified. “You mean you really got yourself a fling?”

“What fling?”

“Then what were you doing through the night?”

“Oh, like auditing work duh. (;¬_¬) I met this colleague and boy, was he swaddled with work even on vacation! CEO Kai is such a slave driver!”

“An auditor?” Baekhyun was genuinely interested already. “What’s his name?”

“Kim Jongin.” Kyungsoo replied.

“Kim..” Baekhyun thought confusedly. The only person in the auditing department with the surname Kim, despite it being one of the most common surnames in Korea, was Kim Kai. But it couldn’t be that…could it?

“Well, you don’t know him too? I guessed as much. He tends to keep to himself a lot! But fear not, for Kyungsoo will introduce you to him. I texted him …three hours ago to come down for lunch!” Kyungsoo motioned towards his phone and Baekhyun relaxed visibly.

“Does he treat you like a bestie? It's been a short time since you've met him and not everyone is like you. He hasn’t replied, has he?”

Kyungsoo pouted. “It’s because CEO Kim’s a slavedriver!” He felt his phone tremble and picked it up excitedly.

 

To: Kyungsoo⊙ω⊙
From: Jongin(`・ω・´)”

sry, maybe nxt time? nid to finish this asap

 

To: Jongin  (`・ω・´)” 
From: Kyungsoo⊙ω⊙

Okay then L I’ll treat you to fried chicken next time!

 

“Anyway, don’t you have a photo of him?” Baekhyun prodded on. Kyungsoo then realized that indeed, he did not have a single photo of him and Jongin together. He shook his face and Baekhyun deflated slightly.

“Well, describe him to me then.”

“Quite handsome, I suppose. And really tan. And tall.”

“Taller than Chanyeol?” Baekhyun sassed and flicked his imaginary long hair.

“Well, obviously taller than you.” Kyungso sassed back and Baekhyun turned pink. “That was low, Kyungsoo!”

“What was low?” Chanyeol’s baritone voice sounded out of nowhere and Baekhyun jumped slightly.

“Chan—Chanyeol!”

“Hey, Baek.” Chanyeol ruffled his hair lightly. “So who were you two gossiping about?”

“Kyungsoo’s new friend he met in Maldives!”

“Oh, so you met them already? Which one did you meet? I remember I arranged one beside your residence too!”

“Yeah, Jongin from the auditing department! He’s a great dude, fun to hang out with. Thanks Channie!” Kyungsoo smiled and Chanyeol looked confused.

“Jongdae, you mean…?” He mumbled but Kyungsoo didn’t take notice of him as he was already busy bickering with Baekhyun already. He was quite sure that CEO Kai wouldn’t tell people his birth name so easily—only 2 people in the company knew: Kris and him, being the only person who interacted with the two CEOs on a daily basis. He could only assume that Kyungsoo made a mistake in pronouncing their names.