Maldives is a nice place for a honeymoon

Fifteen Stops of Love; [1] Maldives

“So what else have you heard from your friends? Tell me more.”

“Well, something like he’s dating Kris?” Jongin spat out the orange juice he had been sipping on and Kyungsoo fumbled for tissue paper in his bag.

“Do continue, I’ll take care of this myself.” Jongin motioned for Kyungsoo to go on. Kyungsoo indeed felt important as he continued to tell Jongin all about the gossip that the Tax department shared.

“Although Kris always has scandals, the most recent one being the one with the back-up dancer of SHINee Zhang Yixing, it has been widely spread that Kai is actually his true love. Kai hasn’t been appearing that often because he has fallen sick from all these rumors that have taken a toll on him. I believe it’s a case of being lovesick actually.”

“What… just because I come at 7 in the morning and leave at 3 at night and because you imbeciles don’t see me does not mean that I don’t come to work!” Jongin frowned but Kyungsoo overlooked his dismayed expression.

“But when he does work, he works really hard. Actually, I have no idea why he’s so crazy about his work. I mean, yolo!” Kyungsoo grinned widely and Jongin sighed.

“Yeah, I have no idea why I work so hard too…”

“Sorry? I didn’t catch that.”

“It’s fine, hyung. I’m a little tired so I’m gonna go to sleep…” Jongin yawned sleepily and snuggled into the seat. Kyungsoo stared at his peaceful form for a while before calling the waitress over.

“Could I have one more of that plate of noodles I got just now?”

 

When the plane touched down safely, Kyungsoo and Jongin went their separate ways to collect their baggage.

From: Kai
To: Kris

shizzz the new employee dokyungsoo thinks that kimkai and kriswu are together wtf how is that even possible dude you owe me loads my reputation is ruined

From: Kris
To: Kai

Stfu,Jongin. You are having a vacation, and I’m slogging my guts out here. Unless you want to come back here and help me, stop disturbing me with your meaningless and grammatically incorrect texts. P.S. I saw the guy, his eyes are really big. Why did we employ him in the first place? He looks like he has issues like Chanyeol does.

 

In Maldives, each person had their own Fabulous Lagoon Oasis room, with Jongin and Kyungsoo’s rooms just beside each other. Having prepared a cute pair of swimming trunks with Pororo on it, Kyungsoo was super excited to snorkel and decided to ask Jongin along, but Jongin was already on the hammock, clicking away on his laptop. Kyungsoo cursed the boss of his new friend silently in his heart, and was surprised to hear Jongin sneeze very loudly.

So Jongin’s supposed vacation was just another place for him to work at. Kyungsoo sighed and went off on his own for a while but cowered at the sight of the couples who were glaring at him. Grabbing a sandwich, he bounced off to Jongin’s room but realized that the younger was running a slight fever. He quickly grabbed a towel and soaked it in the cool seawater (how very unsanitary of Kyungsoo, but moving on) and put it on Jongin’s forehead. Turning around, he saw the excel spreadsheets he was working on and heaved a sigh. Kyungsoo never expected that he would be working this vacation but it seemed like he was gonna do just that.

 

Jongin slurred in his sleep and turned in his blankets, before he jolted awake remembering that he should have been on his hammock. He felt like he was embedded in a cocoon (which Kyungsoo did, because he was afraid that Jongin would get cold) and through his blurry eyes, saw a figure leaning on the bed frame at the end of his bed. He also noticed the warm porridge that Kyungsoo ordered on the side table of his bed, and his stomach instantly growled. Jongin grabbed the bowl of porridge and devoured it, while looking at his excel spreadsheets, which were to his surprise already done up nicely without any errors.

“Wow, your boss really . How can he do this to a sick patient, what more on vacation? And you, do you even know how to take care of yourself?”

Jongin was surprised by Kyungsoo’s voice. “Woke up already?”

Kyungsoo rubbed his head shyly. How embarrassing, he thought, when he should be the one taking care of Jongin yet he woke up later than the patient himself. “You should rest a while more, when do you have to complete this anyways?”

“As soon as possible.”Jongin was in Kai mode as he scanned through the documents quickly. This was a huge case that needed his signature soon, and he had to check many documents to ensure that everything was accurate. Even a small mistake could cause EXO to lose hundred thousands of dollars.

“Maybe I could help you.” Kyungsoo ventured timidly. “ I help Baekhyun with his audit stuff sometimes.”

Jongin stared at him for a while, and decided that Kyungsoo could be trusted.

“Okay, maybe you could help me with the checking of all these schedules…”

 

With time, Jongin realized that Kyungsoo was actually a meticulous person despite his babyish appearance usually, and that he looked like satan planning world domination when he was being serious in his work. He was fast to learn things, and whenever Jongin took a cat nap, the last thing and first thing he would see when he slept and woke up was Kyungsoo’s back view of him hard at work.

 

To: Kris
From: Kai

i settled that ty case for you and i want half of your bonus

To: Kai
From: Kris

That’s fast, you had someone helping you?

To: Kris
From: Kai

yeah i cant believe it too I found ma true lub

To: Kai
From: Kris

How big is he?

To: Kris
From: Kai

bigger than you

To: Kai
From: Kris

Like you’d know _|_

 

A small author's corner:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIMKAI <3