Kai? Jongin? Confused.

Fifteen Stops of Love; [1] Maldives

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY (BELATED) EVERYBODY! 

Kyungsoo and Jongin fell into this easy routine—when Kyungsoo was waddling on the treadmill, Jongin would answer his calls while riding the stationary bicycle; when Jongin had to work into late nights, leaving his light on, Kyungsoo would wait for him at the fountain with a packet of takeaway in his hand—sometimes it was fried kimchi rice, sometimes it would be dukkeoboki from the nearby stall, and occasionally Kyungsoo’s special kimchi spaghetti that he made for lunch and packed Jongin some. Usually it would be Kyungsoo chattering away while Jongin offered a few opinions and laughed along at his antics, and they fell into an easy friendship quickly.

On a Monday when everyone had Monday blues, Kyungsoo yawned widely as it became time for him to knock off. He had packed up already, all ready to go home to watch an episode of Pororo but Baekhyun ran into the Tax department to find him, saying something about him being called to the audit department.

“What.” Kyungsoo deadpanned as all his plans after work went crashing through.

“Not my fault! Joonmyeon told me we needed someone to fix some technical issues so you’re supposed to come to our department.”

“Dammit! Okay pororo, please wait for me. I will come to you soon!” Kyungsoo patted his small pororo keychain which was a gift from Joonmyeon and ran quickly to the audit department.

 

To: Jongin  (`・ω・´)” 
From: Kyungsoo⊙ω⊙

Jonginnie! I have to go to your department for a while to settle something, so if CEO Kai isn’t busy slave-driving you, wanna go out for steamboat later?

 

To: Kyungsoo⊙ω⊙
From: Jongin  (`・ω・´)”

lol kai is the one looking for you you better hurry in case he gets pissed

 

Kyungsoo was stunned for a moment. CEO Kai? Looking for him? Why would he look for him? How did he know him? Many questions zoomed through Kyungsoo’s mind—all which were left unanswered. Kyungsoo had heard rumours that Kai fired people quickly once he felt that they weren’t good enough, and Kyungsoo couldn’t risk that happening to him.

 

To: Jongin  (`・ω・´)” 
From: Kyungsoo⊙ω⊙

Why is your boss looking for me (@Д@;)

 

To: Kyungsoo⊙ω⊙
From: Jongin  (`・ω・´)”

probably something about the rumours regarding kai and krislol. something about you being the one spreading them so kai’s not very happy about it. you know he’s a mean person so he will do anything to find the source of these defaming rumours

 

Kyungsoo gasped loudly, earning looks from other colleagues around, and more specifically, Kris’ attention. Kris walked slowly towards Kyungsoo while the latter continued to type frantically on his phone.

 

To: Jongin  (`・ω・´)” 
From: Kyungsoo⊙ω⊙

Butbutbut I only told you and the things I heard were from Baekhyun!!! OMG what is life am I gonna get fired

 

To: Kyungsoo⊙ω⊙
From: Jongin  (`・ω・´)”

just come up quickly kyungsoohyung

 

“Hi.” Kris smiled at the employee in front of him and Kyungsoo’s eyes widened.

“Mr..Mr W-Wu.”

“Aren’t you the one who went to Maldives with Kai? What are you doing here?”

Kyungsoo couldn’t be bothered to explain to him---hell, he was teetering on the edge of getting fired!

“CEO Kai is looking for me.”

These words made Kris stop. Kris had just been chased out of Kai’s room under the excuse of having ‘important’ people to meet, and with neatly wrapped presents piled on his table.

“Kyungsoo-sshi?”

“Omo, how did you know my name?” Kyungsoo frowned. Did CEO Kai already tell him that this was the worker who was going to be fired? Kyungsoo panicked and ran away, without bowing and left Kris scratching his head confusedly.

“Kai sure has weird tastes…”

 

Kyungsoo was excited to see Jongin in the department, yet he craned his neck so hard and was unable to find the familiar figure. He pouted slightly and assumed that it was because of his height that he couldn’t see Jongin, and hastened to enter CEO Kai’s room.

“Come in.”

“ Good afternoon Mr Kim! I am Do –“

Before he could finish his sentence, he heard a small laugh from behind the desk, and looked up to see Jongin sitting there, smiling at him.

“Jongin? What?” Kyungsoo faltered and saw the name plate on Jongin’s desk.

It read ‘KAI’.

Kyungsoo’s face turned red.

Jongin (or Kai?) coughed loudly and continued with his little tirade. “So as I’m sure your friend Jongin has mentioned to you that CEO Kai is investigating the source of rumours between Kris and him, and your friend Jongin told me that it’s Do Kyungsoo from the Tax department who told him that. Do you admit to your crime?”

Kyungsoo turned even redder (if that was even possible). “I.. I never knew oh my god…like I thought Jongin you were I mean Mr Kim an auditor…”

“Hmm, so would you know if the two CEOs you know, have something going on?” Kai smirked.

Kyungsoo was speechless, standing there frozen and Jongin found that so cute that he could die, but he kept a cool façade and walked towards Kyungsoo slowly.

“Jokes aside, I’m not gonna say that this is not my fault, hyung. I’m indeed sorry that I didn’t tell you the truth of my identity, but you were so cute when you didn’t know who I was. If you didn’t think that I was merely an auditor, I would probably have told you who I was already.”

“Jongin, oh no I mean, Mr Kim…”

“I’ve wanted to tell you that I am the slave-driver Kai whom you’ve been talking about for a very long time, but it seemed easier to be Jongin around you rather than assuming the position of Kim Kai. I called you here today to give you your belated birthday present—although late by almost a month, I hope you like it because I spent a lot of effort on it.”

Kyungsoo unwrapped the present carefully, and a large Pororo soft doll appeared in front of his eyes. It was the limited edition one from the Pororo exhibition in Japan, and Kyungsoo vaguely remembered telling Jongin about how he was saving up for an imitation of the doll when the exhibition came to Korea. He was still rendered speechless with the huge amount of information given to him in such a short period of time, and chose to sit down on the edge of Kai’s sofa instead.

“Are you angry, Kyungsoo hyung?” Kai asked carefully. Kyungsoo didn’t seem angry but he had his head lowered and looked dejected instead. Kai had no idea how to deal with the situation, and chose to give Kai some time to absorb all the information instead.

“I’m not.” He faltered. “But why didn’t you tell me earlier?”

“I thought I answered this question just now.”

“Yeah, but now I feel retarded.”

“Are you angry with me?”

“No.”

“Well, but you look angry.” It was Kai’s turn to give Kyungsoo a puppy look.

“Okay fine, I just feel a little uncomfortable because I need some time to accept the fact that I took my superior for a rookie like me. I screwed up. Real bad.”

Kai got a little nervous from that, and put his hand on Kyungsoo’s shoulder in an attempt to calm him down. Kyungsoo shook him off quickly, and Kai smiled inwardly knowing that Kyungsoo did not treat his as his superior—it was more like a lovers’ quarrel instead.

Kai turned Kyungsoo forcefully around and met his eyes, with his touch lingering on Kyungsoo’s sensitive neck.

“I like you, and if you don’t, push me away. I will leave, and not appear in front of you ever again.” He lowered his head to kiss Kyungsoo, hoping that the kiss would make him change his mind. When he realized that Kyungsoo was beginning to accept his advances and kissed back, Kai moved even closer and lowered him onto the sofa where both of them were now lying on. The next moment, however, Kyungsoo flipped them around and Kai was now the bottom.

“How could you lie to me?” Kyungsoo pouted and bit Kai’s lip lightly while Kai grinned. He fell in love with Kyungsoo just when he thought that he would never have anyone to love ever, and took him as the most precious gem in the world.

“Pororo is not enough to appease me okay.” Kyungsoo crossed his arms while in Kai’s arms.

“How about adding me into the package? You get a free Kim Jongin along with the Pororo.” Kai chuckled.

“Okay, perhaps I might get a refund when I feel like it.”

“Hmph, no refund, Kyungsoo hyung! I’m yours forever~ And hyung?”

“What?”

“Stop spreading the office rumours! Kris and Kai? Please, you’re the other party in the scandal instead of Kris!”