CEO Kai has a secret boyfriend?

Fifteen Stops of Love; [1] Maldives

Recently, Baekhyun had become more gossipy and Kyungsoo was getting more irritated at the same time. Baekhyun liked to talk about how his manager Joonmyeon would bring the auditors out for expensive meals at times and about how rich he was but was still a mere manager, about how Kris and Kai were in this relationship where they hated yet loved each other and that Zhang Yixing was just a fling of Kris to make Kai jealous… etc etc. All of which made Kyungsoo pissed off because if Baekhyun hadn’t told him all the rumours about Kai, he wouldn’t have mistaken CEO Kai as a rookie like him.

“Oh my god Kyungsoo apparently Channie told me that CEO Kai has a secret lover!!!”Baekhyun chattered on about the new gossip he just found out and Kyungsoo choked on his piece of smoked duck.

“Channie? Since when did you call Chanyeol Channie?”

“Since he asked me out.” Baekhyun smiled shyly as Kyungsoo choked on a piece of seaweed.

“What?”

“What. You mean only CEO Kai can have a lover?” Baekhyun said defensively and poked Kyungsoo on his forehead.
“Plus I heard that Kim Kai has been buying gifts for his little lover and rarely works overtime now.”

Kyungsoo bit his straw, being nervous and sighed inwardly. He did not want anyone to know about Kai and his relationship, yet it was hard to keep it in when Baekhyun told him about all the rumours. He couldn’t bear that his Kai was involved in rumours that were false, and felt a strange possessiveness towards the man. It was however still better that their relationship was kept secret, and Kyungsoo bottled everything in him as much as he could.

 

“Hurrr Kai, Mr Kim wants you to go for drinks tonight. All the department heads are invited, so don’t say that you won’t go. Even I, Kris Wu, the eligible bachelor who’s the dream man of all women of all ages will be going, so you have no excuse not to.”

“No, Kris, I wanna go home.” To Kyungsoo, Jongin added mentally.

“And you can’t say no because Mr Kim is one of our biggest clients. He specifically told you to come, so stop trying to decline.”

“Ugh, is he interested in me? Dammit, I have a boyfriend already! I’m going home and I don’t care, Kris. Help me this once.”

“Just go for a while, Jongin. Please. You know how much we may lose if we upset him.”

“Ugh fineee.Before ten though, and no delays.”

 

And Kai obviously did not keep his promise.

When Kai wasn’t out entertaining his clients at night, he would be at home with Kyungsoo where Kyungsoo cooked for him, cleaned up his house and basically spent quality time together. Kai hadn’t cooked previously and left all the housework to a cleaning lady who came to settle housework for him twice per week when he wasn’t at home. But with Kyungsoo helping out, he had no need for a cleaning lady anymore. Furthermore, Kai’s daily habits changed for the better as Kyungsoo insisted on replacing his daily coffees for milk (also to try to make Jongin become fairer, Kyungsoo claimed. “But don’t you like me tan? Don’t you just love my chocolate abs?” Jongin raised his brows and Kyungsoo blushed.)

 

“Jongin!”

“This is Kris. Kai’s entertaining a client now, so I’ll send him back later.” Kris was honestly unhappy with how Kai had been behaving lately—it was as if he didn’t know Kai anymore. Kai had become more smiley and all, but Kris felt slightly jealous as to Kyungsoo replacing Kris as the most important person in Kai’s life. But despite all this, Kris supposed he was happy for Kai’s newfound love, and perhaps a little bitter about Yixing and his relationship at the moment. They were on the rocky side, as Yixing seemed to be more focused on his dance issues than him. Kris couldn’t blame him, because he himself could get immersed in his work during busy seasons, but he felt uncomfortable regardless.

“Can you get him to answer the phone?” Kyungsoo sounded even more unhappy now.

“No, he’s busy—“ Kyungsoo hung up on Kris and Kris felt extremely offended. Why that little ! How dare he hang up on the mighty Kris Wu!

Joonmyeon realized that Kris’ expression wasn’t too good and decided to say something to lighten up the atmosphere.

“Hmm, Kai, Kris hyung, you two’s relationship is still going strong, huh?” (poor ignorant mama)

“What bull, haven’t you heard about his scandal with Zhang Yixing?” Kai laughed abit drunkenly and Kris sidled up to him affectionately.

“Hurrr, unlike someone, I haven’t gotten any phone calls telling me to go home quick today though.”

“Oh my, can it be that our elusive CEO Kai has finally gotten a boyfriend?” Chanyeol chuckled as Kai nodded innocently, a sign that he was really quite drunk already.

“Do we know him?” Mr Kim asked. “One that can capture Kim Kai’s heart must be truly exceptional.”

Kris scowled. “He is quite…. the unique one.”

 

When Kris finally brought Kai back to the loft, Kyungsoo was positively fuming already. He glared at Kris while Kai leaned on him drunkenly, and slammed the door in his face. Kris made a face before he left to pick Yixing up, cursing the rude employee mentally.

The reason for why Kyungsoo was fuming was actually really simple—he wasn’t angry at Kai—Kai had explained to him that it was compulsory for him to go for this session of drinks, but Kyungsoo was quite sure that it wasn’t compulsory for Kris to reject all his calls on Kai’s phone and let Kai lean on him like that when he sent him back home. Kyungsoo disliked Kris a little more when such things happened… but it was Kyungsoo’s first time seeing Jongin drunk and he found it quite cute.

Jongin laid on the bed drowsily and peppered kisses on Kyungsoo’s face while the latter leaned on him

“Jongin, do you like me a lot?”

Jongin nodded sweetly.

Kyungsoo was satisfied.

“I like you a lot too, Jongnini.”

 

According to Jongin’s memory, Kyungsoo was definitely angry. He left for work earlier than Jongin did and merely left a bowl of hangover soup for him. But—they did meet in the lift (a once in a lifetime occasion) and Jongin wanted to reconcile by holding his hand secretly in the lift, but little did he expect—

“Good morning, Mr Kim!” Kyungsoo boomed and Jongin stopped in his tracks.

“How polite and energetic of you in the morning, Kyungsoo-sshi. Good morning to you too.”

Kyungsoo’s face turned green and stomped out of the lift before receiving a text.

 

To: Kyungsoo⊙ω⊙
From: Jongin  (`・ω・´)”

if you continue being like this i’ll go to kris for comfort boohoo

 

To: Jongin  (`・ω・´)” 
From: Kyungsoo⊙ω⊙

Maybe he’ll get stabbed on his way home tonight. Tell him to be careful

 

To: Kyungsoo⊙ω⊙
From: Jongin  (`・ω・´)”

Okies ^^

 

 

These days, Kai had been working on a tough case which needed him to liaise with their American counterparts—which meant that he had to hold meetings late into the night, and also why that went he went back home, Kyungsoo was already sleeping. But one thing that Kai was very happy about was that Kyungsoo wasn’t one to bear grudges, and accepted all his explanations for his faults without questioning anything much. And he ignored the rumours of Kai and Kris (Seriously? Jongin did not feel that Kyungsoo should perceive Kris as a threat any time—two tops in a relationship would be impossible, wouldn’t it? He cocked his eyebrow when Kyungsoo went red at his assumptions, and tackled him onto the bed—and that would be another story so) blatantly.

Until one fine day when he found his loft empty, the bed untouched where Kyungsoo would usually be, rubbing his eyes groggily and holding his hands out for a hug. In Kyungsoo’s place was a note.

“I’m taking leave for a while. Wanted to tell you yesterday but you were so tired and slept immediately once your head touched the bed. I’m going to China for half a month, and I’ll get you presents when I come back.”

Jongin was shocked, to say the least. Kyungsoo travelling solo didn’t seem like such a big deal, sure, and it was fact that he didn’t have time to accompany Kyungsoo, but he did feel a little neglected and unhappy at Kyungsoo’s sudden departure—Jongin felt like he had been dumped.

‘I wanted to tell you, but…’, or was it merely a simple ‘I didn’t want to tell you?’

 

 

Author's corner:

Sorry for the late update! A little angsty but well...

And omg why do I have 88 subscribers all of a sudden? *cries* I never expected that!

Thank you all so much for giving my story a chance and for sticking here so far. Hugs for everyone! I promised myself if I reached 50subs for this story, a Q&A for this pair of Jongin and Kyungsoo will be carried out! So, if you guys have any questions you want to ask about Kyungsoo and Jongin, Kris and Yixing, or even Baekhyun and Chanyeol, just post them in the comments below and I’ll be sure to answer them in the Q&A chapter! Or basically anything you wanna ask me haha. There’s no deadline for this, so ask away until I post the epilogue! 

Toodles till the next chapter, everybardy! :)