CHAPTER FOUR - KPOP NIGHT.

#02 - My Best Friend Hid it From Me
Let's jump to afternoon :)
 
All of us were at the waiting room, the location of the performance. All of the SHINee members were practicing their lyrics with their own headphones stucked to their ears.
 
Geeze seriously, they're making me scared for them!
 
I'm serious, their expressions on their faces were similar to faces of people waiting for execution. I whispered to Nikki who was stting beside me.
 
" I'm getting bored & scared for them. "
 
She nodded in agreement. But the both of us were too chicken to say anything.
 
 
Nikki
 
Min ji was right, their really scared of disappointing their fans with their minor mistakes. Honestly, i felt touched witnessing them practicing so hard for this concert.
 
Timecheck : One & a half hour to start of concert ; 7pm
 
Taemin was practicing his solo dance steps of Replay, while they were each singing their part having their headphones on to block out unneccessary sounds out. Simply put, distractions.
 
I looked inside of my bag, and saw the present i had prepared last night for them.
 
- Flashback -
 
They were alll sound asleep. I crept out of the same position from the first night, away from the bed and tiptoed my way to the leisure area, grabbed my bag and took out all the materials i needed.
 
# Colour papers - checked
# Markers - checked
# photos - checked
# Hard paper - checked
# scissors - checked
# Glue - checked
 
I layed everything down on the table and began doing the work. The present i was doing was meant to be a surprise, even min ji didn't know about it. I took the chance to buy when we went shopping.
 
I took the hardpaper, applied some glue and pasted the colour paper on it. Each piece of paper was chosen according to their favourite colours. After which the glue has dried, i decorated the ' board ' & finally, pasting the photos and wrote the words that i wanted to say.
 
Pink - The Diva
Blue - Taemin
Green - Onew
Black - Minho
White - Jonghyun
 
After i was done with the craft, i crept back on the bed and snuggled off to sleep.
 
- End of flashback -
 
I was contemplating whether to give it or not when Min ji caught me having my hands stucked in my bag.
 
" Nikki, is your hand stucked? " She asked innocently
" No pabo! of course not " I laughed
 
She tried to take my hand out obviously aware that i was hiding something.
 
" Wow, what's all this? " She took out those presents, raising awareness of the members who were once engrossed in practicing, ignoring our presence
 
Yeah, of all those times. I buried my face in my hands, too ashamed of my artwork to face them. This brought me to the memory of why the heck did i choose to do those things when im not even an art student!
 
The atmostphere turned very quiet, i peeked through my fingers seeing them so engrossed in reading the ' board ' with serious expressions plastered on their faces.
 
" Lee Min Ji! See, what have you done ?! " I whacked min ji's arms
" Ouch! Why did you wanna hide it anyway? It's seriously nice " Her eyes beamed
" Ya right, look at their expressions! " I whispered, pointing to them
 
She gave up and chose to ignnore me. Few seconds later, all of them looked up and started to walk towards me.
 
" Nikki, this is .. " Jonghyun oppa trailed his words off
" ridiculous " I finished his sentence
" Pabo! This is the best present we've ever receieved! It's really nice! " Jonghyun playfulyl whacked me
 
I looked at onew and he gave me a thumps up sign.
 
" Are you guys still practicing? Let's rest for abit, i'm hungry. Let's go for lunch! " Min ji pulled all of them except for me and onew.
 
Seriously min ji , this trick is getting old. Ding! Ding! Ding! OUT!!
 
" Yes! Let's go! " All of them rushed out and disappeared within seconds
 
My hands felt wet, heart thumping fast and my ears felt red, needless to say my face too. He walked towards min ji's once occupied space. As the both of us were on chairs with wheels, he spun me towards him, making the atmostphere even more intense.
 
" Yes oppa? " I said, barely making any eyecontact
" Nikki ... " He hesitated his words
 
Does he already know my feelings and want to reject me? Should i say it first? What to do?
 
" Erm yes ? " I replied, keeping my cool
" Can i ask you something? "
" Of course oppa! " I replied with my usual tone, hiding the fact that the suspence is killing me inside
 
He paused for awhile before making any sounds.
 
" I have a friend, he likes this girl but isn't sure whether is his feelings reciprocated. At times, he felt yes but other times, he felt no. He wanted badly to ask that girl so much for the answer but was afraid since my friend would have to leave in a short time. Knowing this, he wants the girl to move over to korea and live with him and his other friends too, but again, he had no guts to ask. I.. I mean, my friend is willing to do everything for that girl just to be with yo..i mean, that girl. "
 
can i imagine that, that girl is me? 
 
" Your friend should really ask that girl because impossible thing might happened. What if that girl likes y..ou, i mean your friend and yo..i mean, your friend missed that chance of telling that girl, true? So, that guy must brace himself up and asked the girl, take it like a man! " I told him, having this weak feeling in my heart.
 
what if, its him but the girl he's refering to is another girl?
 
His eyes filled with contentment and beaming with delight, he took my present and wrote something in the back of the card in korean.
 
그 소녀는 내가 사랑하는이 작품의 주인입니다  (Nikki Kim)
 
" Keep it for me, please? " He handed me the card
 
I nodded and place them back nicely in my bag.
 
" I wrote the name of the girl of uh, my friend's lover on the back of the card " He rubbed his back of his head 
" Why would you do that? " I asked, clearly not grasping the situation
 
He shrugged his shoulders and laughed. All of them came back with stomaches filled, and the kind umma bought drinks for us. We drank heartily and soon, they resumed doing what they were doing before.
 
Time check : 20 Minutes to concert, 7PM.
 
Onew
 
There's only twenty minutes left to the concert, i hope she'll enjoy watching and maybe one day, when she seees and understands those words, i promise i'll fly back here for her anytime.
 
" Okay SHINee members, please get ready on stage. " The PD peeped through the hole
" Alright guys, let's do this! " The seven of us shouted a loud cheer.
" SHINee hwaiting! " All of us shouted in unison.
 
Manager hyungs led the two girls to the VIP seating. Yeah, the seats that sold out within several hours. Heh, well, only the best for my dongsaeng as well as, her.
 
FT island ended their performance and it was our turn to perform.
 
 " Soomeul gotdo chatji mothae naneun piharyeogo aesseo bwado
Geobujocha hal su eopneun ... " Lucifer.
 
" keu nyeo eeh gae sarang eun han sun gan ue neu ggeem eel bun mwoh rah doh nah
  eeh gahn salm ue everything ... " Replay.
 
" Nan malya meotjinnom chakhannom, Geureon nomeun anijiman
Nareumdaero gwaenchaneun bad boy.. " Ring Ding Dong.
 
" eojetbam kkumsoge nega naege dagawa
Soksagin geu mari nae eolgul manjideon geu meoritgyeori ... " Please, don't go.
 
Every song i sang, that regards to a good love refers to her. For the special one, watching from the VIP seating.
At long last, our performance ended. We went backstage to prepare to recieve gifts from the fans after the whole performance. We went back to our waiting room since we had a good thirty minutes to kill.
 
The both of them, the joy of my life ran passed the door and throwings to us disregarding our sweaty bodies.
 
" Good job oppas and taemin! " The both of them went around giving the members a hug
" Good job onew oppa " She smiled while hugging me, tightly
 
After all that was done, we chatted forawhile and soon it was time to go back to the stage for handshake sessions and to recieve presents!
 
" Min ji, nikki! you both can stay at the backstage if you'd like, it'll be safer for you since there will be lots of movements " Leetuek hyung informed the two girls
 
" Araso! " Min ji replied and they both nodded
 
So according to plan, they stayed backstage, peeing through the curtains. As there were six groups, the seating arrangement was arranged in a way in an ' S ' shape. We were placed at the back, the last row.
 
 
Writer
 
" Ah! finally man, get to give all my things to SHINee. Excited!! " Sarah told Pearlynn.
" Yeah! " Pearlynn squealed with excitment.
 
- A little introduction for the calefares -
 
The two girls were supposedly good friends with both nikki and min ji. But they broke apart, not being close as the past when the plans of the two head es was exploited by min ji. Thus, conflict arose between the three of them. Being the goodhearted samaritan, nikki chose to stay as friends and allowed them to talk to her as and when they like. Remember that min ji is a rather trouble maker? yeah, she kinda hated the way nikki was being treated.
 
So, they were like almost thrashing indirect daggers at each other.
 
- End of introduction -
 
The lines were moving fast, and soon they were already at the back, passing gifts to the members of SHINee, trying too very hard to impress the members. But it backfired, obviously.
 
" That girl is so skinny! and the other one walks funny! " Key shook his head and whispered to jonghyun
" Yeah man! I think their trying to flirt with you " Jonghyun shot back
 
Key 'Eweed' in extreme disgust and continued the handshakes.
 
All of a sudden, the both of them stopped when sarah spotted something behind the stage, causing the line to jam and a small commotion arose.
 
" Hey girls infront! What are you doing ?! Move! " One fan shouted
" What the hell ?! Wait ! " They both screamed back and moved
 
Please don't disgrace our country, people from korea are watching.
 
They finally got down the stage.
 
" Did you see what i see? " Sarah asked pearlynn
" No, what? "
" I think i saw min ji and nikki.. " They turned their heads to the stage's direction and tried their best to peer.
" Are you sure? " Pearlynn asked doubtfully
" Yes! "
" Can't be, they're too poor to afford such concerts. " Pearlynn insulted
" No! Nikki's wealthy but not that min ji ! " Sarah added the insult
 
Min ji
 
We were happily watching the fans ' snaking ' around the stage, shaking hands and giving their's self proclaimed bb presents. I literally heard one fella shouted this ' I LOVE YOU JONGHYUN BB! ' it was so loud, i'm sure key umma would have clawed that fan's face. Heh heh ~
 
After the loud confession, came a loud roaring from a fan ' Hey girls infront! What are you doing ?! Move! ' and followed by a very extremely familiar voice replying to the roar.
 
" woman, i think i heard sarah's voice! " i tugged nikki's hand.
" Really? " Her voice growing with disbelief
" Yeah, you were too engrossed in watching out for crazy fans trying to steal onew oppa, that's why you didn't hear anything! Hahahaha " I teased
" Yeah yeah, whatever! " She pouted and shifted her attention back to the crowd
 
After a good 2 hours, the crowd was finally cleared and all the bands made their way backstage.
 
Nikki
 
We were walking, when suddenly min ji stopped.
 
" Yes ? " She gave a cold reply to the person who tapped her shoulder
" Hello! I'm jessica, what's your name? " Jessica is digging her own grave
" None of your business, like i cared anyway. " Min ji replied in english and walked off
 
She linked her arms around mine and we walked the long road back to the waiting room.
 
" woman, why are you so mean? " i asked carefully, letting out a sigh
" she's the sister of that girl! I just cant' stand her, and why would she want my name for? To get her sister to create another anti- fan club? Hehe, i'll be honoured actually since i'm not an idol or anything. " She laughed the last bit of her sentence
 
All of us were ready to leave, and made our way to the carpark.
 
Sarah&pearlynn
 
We decided to spy and out of the sudden, we chose to ambush ourselves in the carpark. By the way, i'm sarah speaking here. (yeah, like my bloved readers care) 
 
The six groups were returning to their respective vehicles, my bb look so tired.. wait, who's the two girls ?!
 
" Nikki and min ji ?! " Pearlynn and i shouted in unison
 
I lost control and ran up straight to the vehicle
 
" Lee Min Ji and Nikki Kim !! " I shouted at them, pulling them just as they were about to get in
 
Writer
 
The both of them lost their last bit of sanity as they charged towards nikki and min ji in the presence of SHINee members, all of them was too shocked to do anything. But at last, he did something.
 
" Ouch ! What the hell ?! " Min ji screamed rubbing the sore part of her head from the pulling
" What are you trying to do, kidnapping my bbs ?! " Sarah balantly spew her words
" Hey you skinny pole! What are you trying to do ?! " Key stepped infront of them, refraining from more dramas
 
* Note : All the vehicles left except for theirs & the managers weren't with them.
 
" Key bb, don't let them fool you! They're evil! " Sarah ddesperately pleaded key, trying to show some aegyo
" Please whatever your name is, step aside and stop hurling verbal abuse! " Key snapped.
 
Sarah glared hard at key, her once called bb and pushed him away, stepped forward and gave nikki one tight slap.
 
Thud.
 
Everyone was shocked, but even shocked by onew 's actions. He returned her two slaps, doing the same to pearlynn. Then grabbed hold of sarah's wrist and looked in her eyes deeply and sternly warned her.
 
" If you don't want me to ruin your already ruined faces, get down on your knees and apologize to the both of them, now. " Onew commanded
 
The already crying sarah and pearlynn did as they were commanded at once, without any restrain.
 
" Good. Get this clear, i don't care if our reputation goes wild or not, but the both of them are my sisters, SHINee's treasures. Understood ? " He kneeled down to their level and warned them.
 
" Get out of our sight now! " He screamed