CHAPTER ONE - THE TRUTH

#02 - My Best Friend Hid it From Me

Writer

Nikki and min ji were best friends for four years, they met during their first year of high school. They naturally click well even though their characters weren't very much the same. Even though they were best friends, Min ji has a deep secret no one knew.

 # In school

 " Woman, stop daydreaming and pay attention! " Nikki tapped my shoulder.

I wasn't spacing out, i was just deep in thoughts, thinking about that secret i hid it from everyone. Even though Nikki is my best friend, i feel so ashamed to face her because of THAT MATTER. We knew each other four years ago, we do things together, share our stuffs and even our deepest secret, but this secret i had was an exception.

Tell me, how do you tell your bestfriend that your brother is from a popular k-pop band called SHINee?

I smiled at her and pretended to listen, few minutes later i felt a evil aura lurking infront of my desk and soon there was a thick book landed hard on my desk with a loud ' thump ' followed by evil shoutings.

" MIN JI LEE, ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION ?! " The old Ms yap shouted right infront of my face.

I jumped up having extreme shockness from that evil face.

" Sorry. " I casually said as she walked back to the whiteboard.
" Hahaha serves you right! " Nikki teased.

I couldn't care less about this lesson and obtained permission to go to the ladies. In to the cubicle i went, and whiped out my mobile and punched the number of my brother hard.

Me : yoboseyo, oppa!
Onew : Ah Donsaeng ah, what's up?
Me : Are you guys in singapore already?
Onew : Ani, we'll only be taking the flight tonight. You called to asked me about your bestfriend right, sweetie?
Me : Neh oppa. It's your fault for making me hid it for so long!
Onew : Hahaha chill dongsaeng, just tell her the truth, i'm sure she'll understand. Anyway sweetie, i need to go and pack my stuff. I'll see you tomorrow alright?!
Me : Neh oppa, say hi to the guys for me!
Onew : Ah araso, saranghae!
 
I hung up the phone and went back to class with a determined heart  to let the truth be known to my one and only best friend.
 
" Woman, let's go to your house later. We need to talk. " I nudged her elbow and mouthed the words.
 
Schools' over, finally.
 
# Nikki's place
 
" So what did you wanna talk about? " The both of us sat down on her couch.
 
I hesitated for a moment, took the deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepest breath and began.
 
" Are you still in love with SHINee? " That's a stupid start, way to go.
" Of course! Why would you even doubt that?! " Nikki stood up and went to her room.
 
She took out a huge black box and started taking out each and every content with every care. The box contained all of SHINee's products, even the limited edition and the sold outs products. From t-shirts, to sweaters, to every single albums incl. repackage albums and to clocks, pouches and limited edition posters.
 
" Wow, i don't even have that much of stuffs at home. " I thought, looking at nikki's admiring gaze as she continued bring out the contents.
 
I sat her down.
 
" Even though we've known each other for four years, i've never been truthful to you and i'm sorry, extremely sorry for that.. " I began.
" Huh? Are you okay? " She asked with a extreme ' huh ? ' expression on her face.
 
I took another deep breath and continued.
 
" I was an orphan and i was born in korea, i migrated here at the age of 10 with my brother but he moved back to korea to start his career at the age of 19. The brother i'm talking about was the one you've never met before. "
 
" Oh, go on.. " She urged me.
 
" The hidden secret was the brother whom you've never met before, is onew lee jin ki from SHINee, the one you're so in love with. I'm really really sorry, my brother was the one who wanted me to keep it from everyone because he was afraid that i might get into some kind of trouble. But after much persuasion, he allowed me to tell you after he knew you verbally. "
 
There was a stiff silence.
 
" Are you mad? " I tugged her elbow like a little child.
" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Of course i'm not. In fact, i am very happy that you chose to tell me eventually. " She threw me a hug.
 
" Really?! " I asked in disbelief
" Of course, i'm not that petty! "
 
We broke apart.
 
" You know they are coming for the K-pop concert right? Oppa wants me to bring you and meet them tomorrow when they arrive to the hotel. " I grinned
 
Her eyes widen, jaws dropped.
 
" Chill woman. Anyway, they understand perfect english unlike some other facts that people said they don't. "
" Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Of course i would wanna go! But don't we have school tomorrow? " 
" We can skip it since your parents is on business trip right? " I smiled victoriously.
 
So the both of us decided to stay over at her place. It's convenient for the both of us to do that since both houses contain personal stuffs ; clothes for sleeping, clothes to go out, toiletries and all the stuff you can think of.  I went to prepare dinner as she can't cook at all, we ate heartily and before we know it, it was time for bed.
 
The both of us drifted off to our slumber, thinking of the awesome day approaching tomorrow..
Eventually, i got worried for nothing.
 
 
 
 
 
Annyeong! How's this?
It's a little short though.
see you on the next chapt,
with love :)