Deal with the Devil

Falling for my Neighbor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2: Deal with the Devil 

When I was younger I was told told never make deals that will be worth making. In a way it would be making a deal with the devil. However I never once thought about doing that. Why? Well I was a sweet and a good hearted girl, and I'm still like that to this day. Though today may have changed that when the devil himself pushed me in to an empty classroom to apologize for what he did to me three days ago. He wanted to make it up to me and I told him that if he wanted to make it up to me he would have to help me with my art project. I figured he would've said yes, but he told me if he does that I would have to do something in return for him. 

That was three hours ago and I have to give him an answer later tonight. Thankfully I don't have to work though I wish I did so I could avoid him. I'm not sure I what I want to do, and he didn't give me much time to think of an answer.

"Ok something must be wrong." 

I looked up and see Ash standing in front of me. We're in art class and we're doing charcoal sketches. Ash must've been talking to me and I was off in my own world.

"Why would there be something wrong?" I asked. I was thinking and debating whether or not to tell her about what happen on Sunday and this morning before class. Though I'm leaning more towards on not telling her. Who knows how she will react if I tell her.

"Well you are not as cheery as you usually are in art and you are thinking about something which is pretty random at times for you. Because half the time you are thinking are art." 

She was right about me not being cheery in class and that I'm thinking which is a rare thing that happens. I sighed and look at the blank canvas that had nothing on it. Everyone in class was already drawing away and have their canvas already covered up.

"I'm fine Ash just a lot in my mind. I should get to drawing and you should get back to your work." I agave her a smile and looked back at my blank canvas. I closed my eyes and tried to think of what I could draw. Ms. Lyn told us to draw anything that comes to mind. I think she told us that because it was for those who can't draw and do whatever. I opened my eyes and started to draw on what popped in my head. It was an old ruined tower from an old castle, that had flowers all over and the room in the tower had a table by the window. There was a chair that had a girl about my age sitting while gazing out though the window. The young girl was dress in the Victorian style, but the dress was laid back to were she was able to breathe.

"Wow look at what Mei drew?" 

I could hear my classmates talking, but I ignored them since I was in the zone. When I was done there was no one in the art room. Wow I must've been in the zone. Ms. Lyn was up In the front of the room cleaning up supplies that was left out. I looked up at the clock and saw it was lunch time. 

"Mei you are very talented." I looked away from the clock to see Ms. Lyn looking at me as she spoke.

"I'm not that talented, plus I just draw whatever comes to mind." I told her and started to clean up my area.

"You are still talented for thinking about on what you drew. I haven't seen someone that talented and same with Ash. What are your plans for college?" She asked me.

"I'm planning on going to Seoul University. They have a great art program and it is also within my budget for going to school." I grabbed my things and went to the door. 

"I see I better let you go so you can have lunch." Ms. Lyn said and I walked out after bowing to say goodbye. I walked to my locker to place my art supplies in and head for lunch though halfway to the lunchroom I dragged into another empty classroom like this morning. What is it with me being in empty classrooms today? Is it grab Mei and take to an empty room day?

I knew who it was without even looking so I looked at the door avoiding his face.

"Have you thought about on what we talked about this morning?" Yonghwa asked.

"Yea and I don't have an answer for you yet." I said still looking at the door. Though my view of the door was blocked by him. He was close like standing in front of me close. I stepped back and he stepped forward. I kept walking back until my back was against the wall and Yonghwa seemed to be pleased that I had no where to go. Like he had me trapped and he was the only one to let me out of his grasp. 

"Well you can tell me now or later tonight." I could feel the heat from his body radiate onto me as he spoke. Oh I really need to put my feelings into check. When I mean to put them into check I think I was awed by his looks and how nice he was. Yea I think I need to turn the feelings off and reevaluate on what I think of him. Yup that is the plan tonight.

"I thought you told me to tell you tonight." My voice was smile, but I'm sure he heard since we are the only ones in this empty room. 

"The thing is I have band practice after school and I don't know how long that will be." He moved closer to me and I felt his arm brush against mine. I flinched though it wasn't noticeable at least I hope it wasn't. In defeat I look up at him seeing him smile as if he won a prize. I gave him a puzzled looked trying to figure out why he was smiling.

"You can give me your number and at midnight you can either text or call me to tell me your answer." 

Ah so that is why he was smiling. Wait what?! He is asking for my number?! 

"So how about it can I have your number?" He asked. I pushed the shock away and nodded afraid my voice would show how shocked I was that he was asking for my number.

He moved back and could no long feel his arm touching mine and the heat was replaced with cold air. I took a deep breath as if I was holding it in. I watched him take out his phone and look at me. I mumbled my number and grabbed my phone just as he sent me a message so that I too had his number. 

"Are we done here now?" I asked suddenly feeling annoyed because after seeing what time it was it was past lunch and time for class to start again.

"Yea we are done. Sorry that you weren't able to have lunch." He gave me a smile and then walked out. Shortly after he was gone I walked out and went to class.  

~~~~~~~>~~~~~<~~~~~~

The rest of the day was long and it didn't help with me starving because someone had to pull me into a classroom to to ask if I thought about the deal. I glared at him well more the back of his head I did. I think he knew I was staring at him when he would stretch or turn back to give me a wink. Oh he irritates me!

I put my head down as if to scold myself when I was scolded by the teacher for having my head down during the lesson. Of course I smiled and apologized saying I would never put my head on my desk agin during a lesson. I blushed and noticed Yonghwa smiling. I really wonder why I like him. I think it was mainly because of his looks. Yup that is why. I am really an idiot.

And I was an idiot walking home and then hitting a pole. More like I ran into the pole. Ash started freaking out thinking I was going to pass out. I told her I was fine and that she could go home. Yea that didn't work because she walked me home. To make it worse Yonghwa was there and started asking questions on what happened. I was getting a headache just hearing him talk. I again told Ash that I was fine and she asked again before she left. Yonghwa told her he would take care of me until my mother was home. I walked in while stumbling as I took my shoes off and walking to the couch just to sit. 

"Here is some ice for your head. Do need any pain killers for the pain?" I had my eyes closed trying to think he wasn't here in my home caring for me. 

I opened my eyes to see him looking at me. He was right in front of my face close enough to kiss me again. I think I hit that pole really hard. I turned away from him and got up to change out of my school uniform. 

"Well you seem to be fine." He said under his breath. 

"Yes I'm fine and thanks for helping me. You can go since you have band practice." I told him and then I entered my room. I was starting to feel fine and then sighed knowing I would have a huge bruise on my forehead tomorrow. At least it was Friday tomorrow. Oh man that would mean I have to work tomorrow! The guys will have field day of multiple jokes. Stupid Yonghwa and your good looks and sweet voice. 

After changing I walked out went to the kitchen to grab something to snack on. I noticed a note from my mom saying dad and her would be gone this weekend. They must be going overseas for a new menu idea. Mom also put that Yura is with them so I don't need to worry about her. That's fine with me and I smile big thinking about having peace a quiet all weekend long. I walked out of the kitchen and then stop. He was still here.

"I thought you would of left by now." I said walking into the living room with my snack and a book in hand.

"Well practice was cancelled and I figured I could stay here with you." He was stretched put on the couch with the remote in his hand. Great seems like I have a babysitter.

"You can do whatever I'll be reading so if you get bored I don't care if you left." Yes I was harsh, but I was trying to get rid of him.  When I say I was he gave me a sly look and settled more into the couch. I turned around to my bedroom and grabbed my sketch book. I knew I wasn't going to be able to consecrate on reading. That is the reason I grabbed my sketch book and sat outside. Of course I had to walk out of my room and pass him to sat out on the deck. Well it was a deck more like a patio that the apartment complex had built. 

Like early today in art I closed my eyes and claimed down so I get into the 'zone' as Ash would put it. Oh it was hard to do with someone staring at me. Even if he wasn't I could feel that he was. After a few minutes I was able to forget that he was there and draw. I don't  know what I was drawing until I heard movement next to me. I continued to draw to keep my focus in the 'zone'.

"So what are you drawing?" He asked. 

"I don't know I think it just one of many random drawings." I said without looking at him.

"Do you usually draw random things?" 

"I guess I have more of them i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter