Is it Your Fault or Mine? Does it Really matter?

Falling for my Neighbor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6: Is your Fault or Mine? Does it Really Matter?

Mei's POV

When we were young we are always blamed for something we did or didn't do. Anyway  we're always at fault for something. I understood in a way why he didn't tell me and yet I still blame him for not telling me. In any way he was at fault at the same time I was at fault. What was I supposed to do? What was I supposed to say that he and my ex best friend used to date or recently just broke up? 

I wasn't sure and I didn't know what to do. When  I saw the two of them in the garden how cozy she was next to him I was jealous. I'm not going to lie I was absolutely jealous. However the look on his face when he knew that I was in pain. He wanted to talk to me and he wanted to talk to me right then and there. However I didn't stick around I grabbed my art supplies and want to the elevator. 

I heard him calling my name constantly but it was such a blur or I just turned my hearing off because I was upset. Did I have a right to be upset with what he didn't tell me? 

I wasn't sure that's what I was asking myself when the elevator doors closed and noticing right when they closed he stood in front of me. For the past month and a half when we made that deal how we should pretend we're dating I didn't know what to expect. Though just a few days ago he wants me to be his real girlfriend. I wasn't going to lie that I felt overjoyed that the one guy that I had a crush on was school was the prince cool. He was my neighbor.

The weekend went pretty quick after I arrived into my apartment when I arrived my parents gave me a weird look as I walked into my room. I called Jase saying that I wasn't able to make it. My hand really hurt and the pain was unbearable to deal with and somehow in between Saturday night and Sunday morning I was so angry I punched the wall. Sadly I had to get a new cast for my hand which ended up being on Monday and I missed a day of school. Tuesday  I didn't go to school same with Wednesday and Thursday my hand really hurt and I knew the bones were setting in trying to heal as much as possible. The other reason why I didn't go to school so I didn't have to see him see his face. As much as my feelings are for him and strong they are it was more unbearable then my broken hand. 

Friday which was today to school for half a day however I was at home right now but my mom constantly asking me if I'm OK. I kept telling her I was fine and that  I was okay I didn't need anything, but she kept asking me anyways. During the time I was at school today Ash was following me around while she freaked out about being the last one to learn about me breaking my hand last week and she was always ask me if I was ok or I was fine.  The word is okay and fine I was starting to hate hearing constantly every minute as the day went one. 

"Mei will you be OK tonight?" my mother asked as she walked around the kitchen.

"Yeah I'll be fine why is there something going on tonight?"

"Well honey tonight your father and I are taking you to go have dinner with Yonghwa's family"

That was a shocking surprise. I wasn't ready to face the music to see his face. Cause I knew right when he saw me in whatever restaurant were in he's going to want to talk right then and there. I do want to talk to him I want to know the whole story on what happened to between him and Nari. And is this whole entire thing is him and I dating fake he's playing with me. I wasn't quite sure what to think then again I had no idea what I wanted to do. Only now is that maybe tonight while I face the music I'll get the answers I want hopefully they will be true. I don't think I can deal with any more lies and if he lies again I'm not going to be with him anymore I'm going to end it.

Yonghwa POV 

Its been a week and seeing the hurt on her face last night that I saw made my heart clench in pain. I was going to explained to her why Nari was next to me and what happened between her and I. From the looks of it Nari next to me had some history with Mei. However from what I can figure out was that this was the girl that Nari talked about all the time was Mei. 

However  I don't  know what Mei's story was I only knew Nari's story. However as much as I wanted to tell her about that I had nothing to do with Nari anymore because we were done.  But  from the looks of it I'll have a hard time explaining, and I did Saturday and Sunday I tried talking to her by going to the door calling her on the phone sending her text messages. I got no answer from any of them every time I knocked on the door her mother her father or her little sister would tell me that she went to the library or she was with Ash. I knew the truth she was at home in her room probably contemplating on what she just saw on Friday in the garden. 
When  Monday showed up and I went to school thinking she would be there. A way to talk to her before class though I found out that she was a no show. Same with Tuesday and the following days until Friday she finally shows up. I only caught a glimpse of her walking to the teachers room. I waited but then was caught by another teacher to help him carry papers for his class. When I was done I raced back to wait, but when I arrived back she was gone. I was pissed. It had only been a week since that happened and yet she refused to even listen to what I had to say. 

The truth was that I liked her and I like her a lot. When Nari and I were together Nari was technically cheating on me half the time I didn't have anybody to talk to. I could've talk to my bandmates, but half the time they just want to talk about music or what type of instrument we need or about signing with a company to play music. Oddly I found a way to talk to someone which was with my neighbor Mei. When they moved next door a few years back towards the end of middle school beginning of junior high she was a cute girl she wore these geeky glasses and beanies which was really cute whenever we bump into each other. 

Over the times we would bump into each other I noticed she would never smile. I remember a some point I asked her why and she told me she has some problems from her old school last year and didn't want to talk about it. That's all I got out of her as soon we became neighbors and we hardly ever talked until Nari started cheating on me then I would talked to her about it. She  gave me some advice on what to do, and then I would talked to her about the band how I really wanted to sing music, but I knew that I couldn't do it because of my father. I was angry at him for telling me no but I soon understood why he told me it was a hobby.

Then when high school started in our junior year of high school I come to find out that I had a secret admirer let's just say someone had a crush on me and I knew it was  my neighbor, who tried to keep it hidden pretty well. However  I knew that she liked me though I knew she wouldn't say anything to me. So I tried to get to know more about her about her art which was fantastic as years went by in school and how she won multiple first place prizes because of it. I grew to like her as a friend at first as I start to get to know who she was without even asking her and I did see the girls that were in a way the fan club of the Prince, were jealous because she lived next door to me. Yes I was number one in our class I was good at almost everything but the one thing that I wasn't really good at was winning the heart of my neighbor let alone going up and confessing to her. I think that'll be the end of our school life. 

As soon as the last bell rang I ran out of the classroom through the front gate of the school. I was going to talk to her if she liked or not. 

Mei's POV

I laid in my bed listening to music. I was hoping that the time would go faster so I would put have to think of ways that Yonghwa would try and talk to me. Every time I would think about my heart would race. I guess

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter