Learning Something New

Falling for my Neighbor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3: Learning Something New

When I was younger my father would always take me to one of his restaurants. In way it was planned for me to take over when he knew I was ready. Though that changed when I told him I rather do art then run a business. Any way he would take me to learn how business would work. He said if I learn how the business worked then I'll be set for the future for anything. Meaning I would know how one simple deal I would be able to work out. Yeah that's what I thought when that time came a few days ago. 

When I returned home from Gangnam I felt tired and went to bed thinking I would fall sleep right away. Though my mind kept thinking about what Yonghwa said. His parents are making a match for him when he graduates? This didn't make any  sense, because I knew his parents didn't care who he was dating let alone care who he would marry. I know this for a fact when his mother one day joked saying she would be happy if he married me. Now thinking about that maybe what he was saying was true. Oh I don't know I just want to sleep. 

After a few hours of tossing and turning I finally went to sleep. Though it was short lived when 'Mr. Simple' started to play in the background. At first I thought Super Junior was finally going to show up and give me a private concert. That happened in my dream and I opened my eyes to see if it was real. To my disappointment it was my father calling on my phone. 

"Good morning sunshine." My father said over the phone.

"Morning appa, what do you need this early in the morning?" I asked while looking at the clock. I then glared when I saw that it was seven in the morning. Way to early for me.

"I know that you worked late and I woke you. However I need you to visit a few of the restaurants today." He said and even sounded to cheery for me.

"Alright what time do need me to start?" I asked while I get out of my bed. 

"You can go around eleven and remember on how I taught you when go." 

"Yes appa I know go in as a customer before I walked around." I looked around in my closet for something to wear. It was Saturday and something casual would work.

"That's my girl, you mother, sister, and I will be home on Monday. I better go we love you and see you on Monday."

"I love you too be safe." I hung up after he reassured me that they would be safe. After that I dressed in jeans, black long sleeve, sport hooded jacket, teal loafers, and a backpack with my art stuff. I figured after I was done with the job my father wanted me to I would go to the park and draw. It was going to be nice with a few rain showers later on. I also made sure I had an umbrella. There was no telling when it would rain, and I hope it would be later on when I'm home making dinner. 

When I had everything I looked at the clock seeing only an hour had passed. With a heavy sigh I went and made myself some breakfast and coffee. I knew I was going to need it with only getting about four hours of sleep. After eating breakfast I cleaned around the apartment to make the time go faster. It helped somewhat, but when it was ten-thirty I gave up and walked out. I looked around to see if Yonghwa would show up like he always did when I was leaving. This time he was no where in sight. My mind cheered but my heart sank thinking I was just dreaming of him asking me to be his fake girlfriend. 

That is what I thought when I walked to the elevators to see him standing there. He was on his phone to were he didn't know I was there. Silently I was cheering thinking maybe he would not notice me. Again that was my mind thinking, while my heart hoped he would look at me. When he didn't turn to acknowledge me there I grabbed my phone and put my earbuds in to listen to music. Yes Super Junior was on the playlist I was listening to but there was other groups like Beast, BTS, Winner, and Teen Top. This playlist was full of my favorite groups and I had many more that I liked, but with this playlist it was just with the groups that I want to listen to at the moment. 

When the elevator doors opened one of BTS songs was playing and I was really into it until one of my earbuds was removed from my ear. I glanced and saw Yonghwa had the earbud in his ear to listen to the song. So he finally acknowledged I was standing next to him. My heart raced and jumped for joy while my mind groaned.

"I had no idea you liked this type of music." He said while placing the earbud back in my ear. If your wondering what ear he took it out of it was the left and yes I was blushing. 

I took out my earbuds and pressed pause on the song. "Well you never asked what type of music I liked." I said.

"Well how about I get to know the things that I don't know about you today." He said but it sounded more like a question then a statement.

"I wish I could but I can't. My father is having me do some work for him while he is away." I looked at him and gave him a smile before looking away.

"I can join you I don't have a problem with that. Plus I have nothing else to do besides band practice later on." He said and then moved in front of me to make eye contact. I blushed more and I'm sure I was red as a tomato. I really hate that my one weakness is blushing at anything. 

"Um I don't see a problem with that if you don't mind going." I said shyly. He smirked and nodded as if he was saying he didn't care about going around Seoul to visit restaurants and see how management was doing. The doors to the elevator opened and an elderly couple got on. 

"Oh my what a lovely young couple." The elderly woman said looking at us. I didn't noticed that Yonghwa was holding my hand. 

"Young man you have quite the catch here. Don't let her go or she may be taken by someone else." The elderly man said with a chuckle.

"Don't worry sir I don't plan on letting her go anytime soon. I plan on marrying her one day." Yonghwa said. My heart believed his words though my mind thought he was lying. I said nothing and the doors to the elevator opened to the Parking garage. The elderly couple went first because Yonghwa insisted that they go first to show respect. When they walked off we followed soon after them and Yonghwa walked me to his car and not mine.

"Um why are we taking your car? We can take mine." I said.

"I'm treating this as a date so just get in." He said opening the passengers door and holding it opened for me to get in. I didn't argue and got in. He walked around and got in the drivers seat while starting the car. He asked me where we were going and I told him the first stop. With that he drove out of the parking garage and onto the street with the rest of the traffic.

~~~~~~~>~~~~~~~<~~~~~~

Our first stop we walked in and like Yonghwa said he was going to treat this as a date. We ordered food and we are though we didn't speak besides the comment on how good the food is. After we ate I got up and walked to the back to see how the kitchen was doing. I was stopped but then let through when they knew who I was. Father told me when he did this w to check and see how clean they had the kitchen. If I wasn't clean he would have stay after hours to clean the whole kitchen. If it wasn't the way he wanted he would dock their pay and have them clean again. 

When I was back there I looked twice to see if it was clean and sure enough the place was spotless. I even checked the management when I was eating which was a reason why Yonghwa and I didn't talk while we ate. When I walked back to our table Yonghwa was paying and the waitress was talking to him. More like flirting with him. I said nothing and grabbed my jacket then walked out. When I was out and standing in front I remembered I came with Yonghwa. Plus I don't know why I walked out or why he is standing in front of me trying to tell me there was nothing to worry. Why would I worry? We were pretending to be together right?

"Listen I don't care or why, but I need to go to one more stop. When we are done you can taking me home and I can take my car to the park." I said and got in the car. He knew I was going to the park and I wasn't planning having him join me. Was I jealous seeing another girl flirt with him? I don't know my mind and heart were saying and feeling two different things. 

I sat in the car for a good few minutes before Yonghwa got in. He stayed outside and from the looked of it he seemed pretty confused or hurt. I don't know truly on what his face read but his expression changed when he got in the car.we said nothing when we made it to the last stop. This time I got out and went in before Yonghwa could say anything. When I went in I say a familiar face at the bar. It was Sam from work.

"Hey Sam I didn't know you worked here." I said and went to the bar to sit.

"Well if it isn't my sunshine. What are you doing here? I thought you hit your head to were you couldn't move." He said. 

"I'm fine just a bruise and only hurt for one day. I'm here to see how the bar is doing. You know my father owns this restaurant and many more like it." 

"We

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter