Blushing is a Weakness

Falling for my Neighbor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Chapter 1 : Blushing is a Weakness

When I was younger I would blush at anything. Either I was angry about something that wasn't funny, laughing to hard and my face is all red, or when a cute boy would talk to me. To this day when a cute boy comes up to me I blush, faces goes red because I'm embarrassed about something, but mostly because of cute boys. To me it's a sign of weakness when ever I blush. Reason why I think that is because I get teased by those close to me. They think it's hilarious when I go all red over something stupid. Just thinking about it is making me blush as I sit on a train to go back home. My best friend Ash is sitting next me reading a book. I'm glade she is in her own world and not seeing me blush. She would say something.

What I need to do is take a deep breath and close my eyes. Yup that's what I need to do.

"Mei?" 

I open my eyes to see Ash looking at me. Great she must've had seen me blush. 

"Yes?" I answered back trying to think of snow hitting my face to take the heat away from my face.

"Have you figured what school you're going to this fall?" She asked putting her book away. 

"I thought about Seoul University." I told her.

"Is it because of the Prince?" She gave me a questioning look. It never fails that every day I can never go through without being asked about the Prince. Who is the Prince you may ask? Well he is Yonghwa, Jung Yonghwa. He is my neighbor and also the top student in our school. We also talk from time to time but that is usually when we are leaving for school in the morning or when I come home late because I been at the library all day he talks to me about things he can't tell his parents. 

 "No it has nothing to do with the Prince. I'm going there because I know they have a good art program." I told her while I reached for my bag that had my sketch book and pencils. After grabbing them I looked back at Ash who didn't seemed convinced on what I told her. "Seriously it has noting to to do with him. We are neighbors living in the same apartment building and our parents are great friends. He barley speaks to me and I barley speak to him." I reassured her as I flipped to find a blank page to draw. 

"If you say so." She said and went back to her book.

I sighed and was thankful there was no more questions about the Prince. Even though Ash and I are best friends there is one thing she doesn't know and I'm sure she will find out through my actions. The thing she doesn't know is that I do have feelings for the the Prince he is just out of my league when I think about him and my feelings. I know he is out of my league and there is not chance. I can dream though. 

Oh why is it hard to be a teenager and hormones?!

~~~~~>~~~~~~<~~~~~~

"Hey Ash we're home." We arrive back in Seoul and the art club teacher was walking around to make sure everyone had their things. Ash moved and opened her eyes. She sat up and as if she was awake, grabbed her things and walked out of the train. I followed after her to make sure she was awake and she wouldn't fall because she was half awake. 

"Ok my lovely artists that was a lovely weekend. Hopefully before the seniors graduate we can do this again. Now hurry on home and I will see you all at school tomorrow." Miss Lyn said and then walked away to her car. Ash and I started to walk to the next train station that wasn't far. 

"So what did you draw this time?" Ash asked as she stretched her arms above her head.

"I just drew the scenery. Nothing really special to look at. Did you have a good nap?" 

"Yea it was a nice nap. A couple of good looking guys were in my dream. Though they ran away when you woke me up." She glared at me. Ash hated when you woke her up when she was dreaming about hot guys.

"Well I'm not sorry about that." I stuck my tongue out like I was a child. She chased me, but we both laughed when we reached the train station that we needed to take home. 

"So I figured what I could do for my final art project." Ash told me as we waited for the train.

"What have you figured out to do?" I asked.

"I'm thinking about doing a sculpture of something. I haven't  thought really into it, but if I keep thinking about it I'll be able to do it." She said and the stepped on the train when it arrived. I followed after and we both stood because there was no place to sit. 

"I think it's a great idea. I still haven't  thought about what to do. I want to paint, but then I want to do a charcoal sketch." I told her.

"Well do what you think you best at. I know painting your good at, but with charcoal you great at it." Ash was right about the charcoal sketches. I was great at those when I draw people and the scenery. With painting I was just good at doing abstract. Though compare to what Ash does my works are lame half the time.

"I have this week to think about it." I told Ash.

Through the whole train ride and the walk home we talked about what to do for her final project. She even gave me some ideas on what to do.

"I'll think about the modeling thing. I'm not sure I want to do the whole model thing." I told her when we reached the point where we had to go our separate ways.

"Ok so not the model thing, but just think about the modeling idea." 

"I will Ash, well I better go I have to work in four hours. I need to unpack and finish some homework."

"Ok I'll see you in the morning." Ash said as she gave me a huge and walked away.

I turned around and headed home with music playing. The music that I listen was a verity between pop to rock. Most of the time it depended on my mood from time to time. The walk home wasn't far though at times I wish it was so I could listen to my music. So like I said it wasn't a long walk and I arrived at home and walked through the doors that aloud access to those who live here. The front desk stood up and bowed in a way to greet me. I tell them all the time not to, but I guess it's a policy they have to do what it says. 

I walked over to the elevators and enter one of them while pressing the number 8. Now you may be wondering why I would live in a somewhat fancy apartment complex with workers having a policy to follow when someone walks in to greet them. Well 1. I'm not rich I'm in middle class that has enough money to live in a place like this. My father owns several of restaurants in Seoul and they are pretty popular. My father is hoping one day I could run one of them, but I told him that art is my passion and I have no plans to run one of the restaurants. He understood and he turned to my little sister in hopes she'll take his place. 

The elevator dinged and the doors opened to the eighth floor. I grabbed my bag that I placed by my feet and walked out. I turned to the left and then ran into someone. Thankfully I was able to stay on my feet.

"Hey you ok Mei?" A voice said to me.

I looked up to see Yonghwa standing in front of me. I of course went red and nodded to say I was fine. I was afraid my voice would squeak.

"That's good." He said while running a hand through his hair. I moved to the side and started walking to my door. Though something stopped me. I turned to see that Yonghwa grabbed my arm and then grabbed my bag.

"Yonghwa I can carry my own bag." I told him trying to take my bag back from him. Of course the height difference didn't help.

"It's fine plus we're neighbors we have to help each other out." He gave me a smile that could melt hearts

Oh would you stop! My face is on fire and I'm sure it is red like a firetruck! Thankfully the walk to my door was short and I was able to have my bag back right away. 

"Oh I forgot to tell you that your class is going to be doing a café for the senior school festival." He told me scratching the back of his head.

"Oh well thanks for letting me know I let you get going since you seemed to be in a hurry." I told him as my voice squeaked a little at the end. Yonghwa smiled, but said nothing as he turned around to head for the elevators. After his figure disappeared I let out a deep breath as if I was holding it in. Once I claimed myself down I entered to see that there was no one was home. That was fine with me I'm sure my face was still red from the encounter with Yonghwa outside in the hall. I took my shoes off and walked to my room and drop my bags. I crawled onto my bed hopefully I can get some sleep before work. Homework I could do later I had to work a 5 to 11 shift. Sleep was a need right now.

Though when I closed my eyes and got really comfortable my sister walked in.

"Hey sis do you have your pale lip gloss I can borrow?" She asked me.

"No I have none left. Why do you need it? Plus you can buy your own." I sat up to see her looking at my vanity.

"Ah here it is, wait it's empty." She turned to give me a sad look on her face.

"I told you that I had none left Yura." I was starting to get annoyed, but I held it in. Yura sat on my bed still upset that I had none left. "If it'll make you feel better lets go buy some." I said getting up from my bed. I love my little sister and from the time she was a baby I knew that to make her from being down was to make her smile with things she like. Though I have lately somewhat stopped that, but today I wasn't in the mood to deal with her mopping around. 

Yura stood up and was out the door b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter