Cynosure

The Solemn Butler
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CYNOSURE - A focal point of admiration

Ding Dong !

He waited in front of the luxurious wooden door with exotic crafting on every edge. After few seconds, he pressed the door bell again and waited, out of patience, for someone to get the door. Chanyeol at the moment, was sleeping soundly on his back, not moving even a little. He must be cold, Baekhyun mentally said.

“Oh c’mon, is it really late that everyone’s asleep already?..”, he looked at his wristwatch and was astonished at how late it was. [2:38AM].

“HELLO !”, he knocked on the door hard and pressed the door bell again afterwards.

A moment later, he heard the sound of the door lock being open. The door soon open and revealed a sleepy face-Sebastian, in his pyjama. His eyes went wide the second he saw the person in front the door. And got even more shocked to see he was carrying an unconscious Chanyeol on his back.

“What happened master?”, Sebastian quickly came over to Chanyeol and was about to take him from Baekhyun, when he suddenly jerked back away.

“It’s okay”, he jumped a little to secure his grip on the tall sleeping man.

“But, he got cold and you could catch-“

“No really it’s fine, I’ll take him to my bedroom. Can you bring a bowl of warm water and a small towel for me please?”, he walked towards the stairs. Honestly, his legs were already cramping from the long walk to home, though he still forced himself to carried Chanyeol all the way up to his room. Sebastian quickly went to find a towel and a bowl of warm water to give it to him later. He felt strange when Baekhyun suddenly wanted to bring his butler up to his room. However, he felt a little relief seeing that the young master was actually worried of his butler, after he heard the uneasiness, or more like whining from Chanyeol of why Baekhyun was against him so much.

 

He softly placed Chanyeol down from him and on the bed. He went more worried when he saw how pale his face and lips were. He sat on the side of the bed with his legs hanging down. He massaged himself on the right shoulder, while moving it in a circular motion. “You were really heavy”, he quietly mumbled. It was the first time for him to look at his butler’s face for more than 10 seconds, and he really admired it. He just realized how such perfect face Chanyeol has actually; from the smallest feature like his beautiful long lashes to his amazing luscious lips, Baekhyun adored it all. His cynosure.

Moreover, he really adored it when he smiles. Although it was rare, at least there was once or twice he saw him smiling after all the long years with him. It was as if all the pain and hardships in him went washed away by the roaring tides. He pulled the blanket and went to covered him all the way up to his chest. He put his palm on Chanyeol’s forehead and gasped at how hot it was.

“So...warm...”, he whispered as his eyes felt heavy and without realizing, he lied himself on Chanyeol’s warm body. He liked it. He felt home in some way. He was exhausted from all the things that happened today.

After several minutes, Sebastian came to his room and knocked on the door. He went and opened the door when the master did not get the door after being knocked for two times.

“Master here is the hot water and towel you-“, he paused the moment he saw both of them were already in deep slumber. What’s more shocking was that how the master’s head was on top of Chanyeol’s chest, with his hand hugging him. A smile unknowingly appeared on Sebastian’s lips looking at them both.

He quietly walked into the room and placed the bowl of warm water on the nightstand. He took the towel and soaked it into the water. Later after twisting the towel to get rid of the extra water, he softly placed it on top of Chanyeol’s forehead. He quickly left the room after that.

 

 

The next morning, Chanyeol woke up with a headache. He took the already dried towel off from his forehead and put it down somewhere next to him. The headache somehow disappeared the moment when he noticed Baekhyun was sleeping next to him, with his head on his chest. He was in deed shock. He tried to recall back of what happened last night, yet he only remember to that moment where he saw Baekhyun on the side street.

Did I pass out after that?, he thought to himself since he can’t remember a thing happen after that.

He looked down again at the sleeping Baekhyun. Carefully, he pushed his head off of him so he could get up without waking him up. Once he succeeded, he slowly sat up and was about to get up from there. Before he could get up from the bed, he felt a grip on his hand. “Don’t go”, the voice sounded hoarse.

“Stay”, Baekhyun pulled him by the hand.

He turned his head to look at Baekhyun, only to find his eyes still tightly shut. “But, master-“

“I’m tired, I wanna sleep more..”, his grip on Chanyeol’s hand was still there, tight and secured.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter