Ineffable

The Solemn Butler
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

INEFFABLE - Unutterable, inexpressible 

 

The next morning was just like any other morning, Baekhyun woke up, had breakfast and later his driver sent him straight to school. There was nothing out of ordinary happened at school too, learning and sleep and recess then learning again. Since today was Wednesday, he came home quite late on account of the club activity he had.

The evening at home was quite noiseless and boring since his parents were at New York right now. He even did not come down and play the piano like he used to when he was bored. Today, he just stayed in his room all day, doing homework and played video games.

 

He got out of the shower, with only a bathrobe covering his body. He intended to use the outside bathroom than the one inside his bedroom since it has a bathtub, and he was just craving for relaxation that night. It was 7 o’clock when he got out. His steps to his bedroom stopped when he saw Chanyeol, who was just came out from the library room.

Why do I have to stop again?, he screamed inside his head. He looked down as he frown slightly and quickened his pace towards his room.

“Master”, Chanyeol’s deep voice echoed the upper floor hallway.

Baekhyun stopped and lifted his head again, looking at his butler who were eyeing him quite intently. He swallowed hard his own saliva when noticed Chanyeol made his steps towards him. He did not know what to be nervous about but it was just one of his involuntary action when Chanyeol was near him.

“Why are you acting so cold towards me?”, the butler asked the question that he had been longing to ask.

“What do you mean?”, he tried his best not to stutter anything.

“You treat me like I’m a stranger. Is there anything I did wrong? Please tell me”, the stiffness on his face before somehow turned soft and begging.

“Hmph, why don’t you think about it yourself”, Baekhyun looked away, quite angry.

The butler bite his bottom lips, seeking for an answer. “I don’t understand what are you trying to say”.

“Forget it then”, the younger started to build steps towards his bedroom. But it only went to two or three steps before the butler made him stop. “Master, you know I care for you”, the words came blur to Baekhyun’s ears in some way.

“You care for me? What a liar”

“You know I never lie”. It was true what Chanyeol just said. From the first day he worked with the family till now, he was always that one loyal of a butler.

“But look at now, you’re lying”, it was only a barely audible murmur came out from Baekhyun’s mouth, yet it went clearly into the butler's ears. He sighed as he closed his eyes for a couple seconds, frustrated with the situation.

“As I said, I never lied master, especially to you. I care for you with all my heart”

“LIARRR !!! If you care for me you would never left me five years ago-”, he screamed only to got interrupted by Chanyeol.

“Baekhyun!”, his voice sounded deep and husky, full with disappointment and agony.

It made the young master to slowly closed his mouth, deep in thoughts as he looked straight to the floor. It was five years ago, when he just came back from a school camp.

“Mom, dad I’m home!”, he shouted happily while holding a small bag of goodies. The two maids trailed behind him, carrying his backpack and sleeping bag.

“So, how did the school camp go? Exciting?”, his mother asked.

Baekhyun nodded enthusiastically, “Yeah it was. We went to kayaking, played games, and we also swam in the waterfall. It was amazing”.

Both of his parents were happy and glad their son had fun. They were at first worried to let their precious to join the camping trip, but after billion times of begging and puppy faces, they finally agreed to it.

“And I made something for you guys”, he took out two pieces of wood craft from the bag he was carrying since just now. He placed the wood crafts on the coffee table right in front of his parents who were sitting on the couch. It was a craft of a simple tree, sized as small as a human palm. While the other one was a shaped of a gingerbread. He slid the tree wood craft towards his parents, “That’s yours”.

“Oh honey it’s beautiful”, his mother lifted it and took a better look. His son was smiling so proudly.

“And who is that for?”, his father asked as he his index finger showed the gingerbread wood craft.

“Oh this is for Chanyeol. Where is he anyway? Didn’t he know I’m already home? Chanyeol!”, his head tilted to the side as he screamed his dear butler’s name.

It made both of his parents to dramatically change their expression. The two maids who were behind him all this time looked at each other, full of pity on their face. Baekhyun realized the sudden tension going around in that house. He looked at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter