Noble

The Solemn Butler
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NOBLE - High social status

 

5 YEARS LATER.

 

Baekhyun William plugged off his earphone as his driver stopped him right in front of his door house. There was a servant waiting next to the giant wooden door, wearing a complete black suit with a red tie. The driver opened the car door for him. He went out of the car with eyes on his phone, replying a message sent from his friend.

The man next to the door opened the front door for him as he walked up the five stair steps, “Welcome home master”.

He smiled, “Sebastian, is mom home right now? I thought I saw her car”.

“Yes Mrs William is home, and she brought a visitor too”, the man replied with a slight nod.

The younger pulled a face. “Visitor? Who?”, he asked in exasperation. The young master was the type that dislike having guests in the house. That formal bow and plastic smile he had to give them made him sick.

“An old friend. You might be surprise”, Sebastian smiled.

“Surprise huh?”, he raised a brow at him.

 

 

“WHAT!!”, his voice raised a pitch as soon as he heard words explained by his mother.

“What What?, it’s for your own good dear. He can stay with you, manage your schedule and everything, just like old times. Doesn’t that make your life easier?”, his mother threw back a question.

He heaved a sigh before replying back to his mother, “Mom, I’m turning 18. I don’t need a butler anymore”.

“No, now is the perfect time you need someone to watch over you every second. You know, how nowadays teenage easily got bullied, delinquent and all. I don’t want you to get involved in such activity. So that’s how it is, Chanyeol is officially your butler now”, his mother explained.

The boy’s mouth went a jar after listening to her mother’s words. His eyes then deliberately moved to the said man, sitting on the single leather couch right beside him. After what it seemed like five years, he never change at all to Baekhyun’s eyes. The same old solemn expression. He got annoyed and so he rolled his eyes looking away. The sound of Mrs William’s notification on the phone pulled her concentration away from the conversation. “Looks like I have to go back to the office”, her eyes were on the phone the whole time, busy typing something.

“Oh goodness, I said I’m coming”, Baekhyun’s mother mumbled when her phone rang. She picked up the phone with an irritated look on her face.

“Hello...yes...I got it, I’m on my way okay?!”, she rolled her eyes as she moved a strand of hair that was covering her face.

While her mother was busy talking on the phone, the environment suddenly got silent and gawky. He awkwardly moved his head to the right and saw, now-already his butler, fixing and tucking his red tie into his vest. It was true, he did not change at all. He looked personable and handsome as always.

“Is there something on my face master?”, the butler said, eyes still focused on his tie.

It caught Baekhyun off guard as he jerked a little. He turned his head back to the front instantly. “N-no!”, he stuttered whilst frowning.

 

 

“Five years, so that means he’s...24 now”, Baekhyun’s eyes were looking at the ceiling while his fingers moving, counting the addition of years to Chanyeol’s age.

Out of the blue, a door knock came. “Master, may I come in?”, he quickly noticed whose voice it was.

 “No!”, he shouted as he turned his body to lie on his stomach. He did not know what was with the sudden nervous he felt.

Chanyeol opened the door nevertheless. “Hey! I said no”, he changed to a sitting position.

“I’m still outside”, he calmly said. “I need your school timetable”.

He reached for his phone and began to play with it, “I hung it on the wall near my study table”.

“I can come in then?”

“Yeah yeah come in”, Baekhyun said boringly and continued playing with his phone.

Chanyeol walked towards the said table and searched for his timetable. It took quite a while, since there were also multiple notes and posters hung on the wall. One of the poster displayed nine beautiful Asian girls, a girl-group from South Korea namely Girls’ Generation. A small smiled cracked on his mouth, this boy is still a big fan. Baekhyun used to love Girls’ Generation since he was in secondary school. Chanyeol remembered the old days when he begged to take him to a shop to buy all sort of Girls’ Generation merchandises.

He took out his phone and took a snap of his school timetable. “You can at least take off your socks master”, he reminded the boy.

Baekhyun who were lazily sitting on his bed, still in his school uniform, cutely pouted. He pulled off his socks and threw it on the floor in a brat manner. All this years when Chanyeol was not around, it was the maids who took care of him, prepared his meals, his stuff and clothes.

“Your room change a lot”, Chanyeol went to the wardrobe and searched clothes for him to wear. Everything took him a while to find since he was not quite familiar with the room yet.

“Yeah”, he sat at the edge of the bed, locking his phone screen and put it away.

After finding the appropriate shirt for him to wear, he made his way towards Baekhyun. Once he was in front of him,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter