Efflorescence

The Solemn Butler
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EFFLORESCENCE - Flowering, blooming

 

“Sorry”, he was about to stand up and leave the room, until Kyungsoo stopped him.

“Wait”, he held him by his wrist, making Baekhyun turned and faced him.

“It’s not like our friendship has end right? You can pretend like all this never happen”, he was very disappointed with the result of his confession. He felt like burying himself deep under the earth and slowly experience death by suffocation. Though he still wanted to continue their relationship as good friends. They had been friends since forever and he values their friendship and Baekhyun so much. Of course, he was hesitating like crazy before thinking about telling Baekhyun what he really felt towards him. In the end, he decided to tell him, and he told him. Unluckily, it did not go the way he wanted to.

“Of course, I treasure our friendship more than anything. It’s just that, I can only see you as my friend, not more than that. I hope you understand, I’m sorry”, Baekhyun said.

Kyungsoo sighed in relief simultaneously hanging his head down in embarrassment. As long as Baekhyun still wanted to remain their friendship, that was all that matter. He only looked at his friend’s figure as he made his way out of the house. It was funny to him, how Baekhyun suddenly wanted to sleepover at his house a while ago, but now he was leaving already. It was so funny to him that he started laughing once Baekhyun leave. Deep inside the darkest part of his heart, he was crestfallen and crying in misery.

 

 

Baekhyun hurriedly walked beside the dark street, heading his way home. He once again looked at the time on his wristwatch, 1:20AM. He rubbed both palms against each other in order to emanate some heat to his body. He was shivering since it was a cold windy night. There were no other people than him walking there, also there were only about two to three cars passing by every minute. When he arrived at the junction nearby, he saw a figure walking towards his way. That man was walking with his body slightly slouching as if he was hugging himself. Seeing only dark figure exactly like a shadow, tall and skinny exactly like a slender man, he went nervous. Nevertheless, he shook it off and walked normally, acting bravely.

Once that unknown man step into the light from the street light, he was surprised it turned out to be his butler. It was what he thought off, he was hugging his body in cold while coughing several times.

“Chanyeol?”, he whispered.

“Chanyeol !!”, he screamed after a short pause. He ran towards him and had no idea why the closer he got, the faster his heart was beating.

Chanyeol was looking down the whole time, and immediately looked up when he heard a familiar voice. “Master”, he stopped his steps as he saw the young master running towards him. At the moment, he felt absolutely relieved when he saw him in a good condition. Him leaving the house at night to sleepover at a friend’s house just like that cause him huge concerned. Though he did not stopped him earlier since he didn’t know how to face him after all that happened. His head was feeling weird and nauseous.

Earlier when he decided to go outside and bring back Baekhyun, Sebastian stopped him.

“Let me go search for him instead, it’s cold outside and you have fever”, Sebastian offered a help but was declined.

Chanyeol said it was alright, that he already felt better. He wanted himself to bring back Baekhyun back home. He was persistent in finding his master, and beside it was his fault for doing such a thing to him. So in the end, he was the one who went out to search for the young master.

“Chanyeol you look pale are you alright?”, Baekhyun’s voice brought him back to reality. He dozed off seconds ago when he felt a sudden pain in his head. He was assuming it was his fever and lack of sleep.

“I’m totally fine master”, he squeezed his eyes tightly, hoping for the ache to go away.

Unfortunately it did not. Once he opened his eyes, his view on Baekhyun’s concerned face was blurry and unclear. He did blinked a few times but that only made his head felt worst, and his sight started to fade out in black. He collapsed.

He collapsed, on top of Baekhyun, at the side street in the middle of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter