Christmas Plans

Canadian Higher Learning

Luhan had somehow gotten a hold of Kris’s number. Kris liked to think it was an unknown mystical force but in reality, in the deepest pits of his heart, he knew Minseok was the one who gave it to him. Until Kris knew for sure what was the real relationship between Minseok and Luhan, he didn’t want to think about Minseok and Luhan texting each other. Kris and Luhan had now developed this sort of uneasy texting relationship and Luhan had sent him a friend request on Facebook that Kris had accepted.

From: Luhan

To: Kris

Hey, I was wondering if you know anybody named Yixing? Zhang Yixing?

Kris read the text message, there was something familiar about Zhang Yixing but Kris was drawing a blank.

From: Kris

To: Luhan

The name sounds familiar but I don’t know where I heard it.

From: Luhan

To: Kris

His grandparents were some organizers for the Chinese-Korean student exchange. He never hosted anybody though. He’s from Changsha. He goes to school in Nova Scotia.

Why was everyone in Canada? Didn’t anybody want to go to America to study anymore? But if Yixing went to school in Nova Scotia, there was always the chance that Tao knew him. After all, how big was the Maritimes really?

From: Kris

To: Luhan

I think I might know someone that knows him. What’s going on with him?

From: Luhan

To: Kris

He had a Korean pen-pal. Some guy named Jongin that’s out studying in Manitoba. But Jongdae’s friend from Korea is having some type of get together during Christmas. You should probably check it out. I was just curious if all the Chinese people I know knew each other.

Kris read Luhan’s text message before deciding to text Tao. Tao, despite his smartphone addiction, preferred calling in the case of video chat not being available. Unfortunately, there was only so many times accidentally calling Tao in the middle of before you decided to ignore his wishes and text him.

From: Kris

To: Tao

Do you know any Chinese guys named Zhang Yixing that go to school in Nova Scotia? If you only know him because you had with him, please lie to me.

From: Tao

To: Kris

I can’t believe you would say something like that! I’m capable of meeting people outside of the bedroom! I didn’t even lose the other half of my ity until I came to Canada. But yes, I do know Zhang Yixing. His roommate’s sister lives on my floor. Yixing came once with him to visit. We’re Facebook friends.

From: Kris

To: Tao

I’m sorry for assuming you only know people because you had with them.

From: Tao

To: Kris

It’s OK. He’s pretty attractive but I don’t think he’s into Chinese guys.

How could Tao so casually use a sad emoji when talking about ? Kris always thought it was a special talent; Tao could be going into some serious details about all the while using the cutest emojis that existed. A creepy talent, but a talent nonetheless.

From: Kris

To: Tao

I don’t want to have with him. I’m perfectly content with Minseok. And how can he not be attracted to Chinese guys if he is a Chinese guy????

From: Tao

To: Kris

I have so much to teach you. And you’re content with Minseok???? Why didn’t you tell me that you two had yet? I bet he’s secretly some sort of freak in bed.

Kris choked at the image of Minseok being a freak in bed. This was not going to turn him on. He was not going to get by that image. He was not.

From: Kris

To: Tao

No! We didn’t have yet. Do you know anything about Jongdae’s friend from Korea throwing a Christmas get together?

From: Tao

To: Kris

Maybe, you should ask him yourself however. I have to go. I’m studying for my Latin class.

Tao was taking Latin? Why was Tao taking Latin and Biochemistry? Had Kris doubted Tao all along just because Tao liked to go drinking and upload too many pictures onto Instagram? Kris opened up Jongdae’s contact and started texting him.

From: Kris

To: Jongdae

I heard that a friend of yours was throwing a Christmas get together.

From: Jongdae

To: Kris

Yeah! Joonmyeon, he’s super cool. He has this huge house in Toronto.

From: Kris

To: Jongdae

Is he a CBK?

From: Jongdae

To: Kris

I don’t think CBK is a thing. He’s Korean from Korea. He goes to Queen’s.

That explained the huge house. A chaebol in Seoul will be a chaebol in Toronto, Kris supposed.

From: Kris

To: Jongdae

Grad??

From: Jongdae

To: Kris

No, undergrad. He’s like your age. He’s having this giant Korean-Chinese blowout for Christmas. Korean rich kids party hard.

From: Kris

To: Jongdae

Is he just letting any Korean or Chinese person in Canada come?

From: Jongdae

To: Kris

Of course, there probably won’t be more than ten of us there. His full name is Kim Joonmyeon or try Joonmyeon Kim. Add him on Facebook, hit him up on KakaoTalk. You know the drill.

Kris still didn’t know how to feel about all this. It didn’t seem serial killer-ish and it wasn’t any different than spending his break between semesters at some resort or hell, even being in a dorm with someone. It was probably because he never had a roommate and didn’t know how to live with other people. Wait, Luhan knows about this and is going and if it’s just going to be Korean and Chinese then Minseok must-

Kris quickly opened up the Facebook app, typed in Kim Joonmyeon and Queen’s University and found him. Friend request sent.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guess who's back me!

I MISSED YOU ALL SO MUCH!

I  got really busy and I didn't have time for fanfiction at all but now I can promise you that I'll be back for fanfiction and you can expect updates much more normally.

Please forgive me for this delay and I hope that you continue to give this story a lot of love!

<3 Smooches <3