Birthday Starbucks

Canadian Higher Learning

It was the big day; Kris was officially twenty-one years old. He could drink in America. He wasn’t sure how useful that was, seeing as Kris didn’t go to America frequently and had no plans to leave Canada behind for America anytime soon.

The boys from the basketball team had all taken him out to Starbucks and treated him to all the venti strawberry and white chocolate mocha frappuccinos in the world.

Of course, just like any good sports team they . Everyone could tell that Kris had been falling hard for someone, they might have not know who but they knew whoever it was, it had to be someone magical to make Kris an even bigger dork than usual.

“Alright, I’ll tell you guys some details.” Kris said after they had egged on him enough. The rest of the Starbucks patrons were beginning to get annoyed with them. “It’s a dude. He’s Korean. He goes to UBC.”

“Oh ,” his teammate Bradley said. “UBC-Vancouver?”

Another teammate, Garret, wolf-whistled. “Damn, Kris you like to play with fire don’t you?”

“Minseok isn’t like that. He’s different. He’s the best thing on Earth.”

“Bro, he’s got you whipped and you ain’t even dating yet. Bruh, by your second real date you’ll be putting a ring on his finger and talking about how many kids you want to adopt.” Bradley said.

Kris sipped his Frappcuino. He and Minseok would adopt some pretty cute kids. “I don’t even know if he’s into dudes. I have this feeling that he is but it’s because you guys have never seen him. No one can resist Minseok. He attracts people wherever he goes.”

Garret made a choking noise. “Kris, is that him? You know I’m straight but if he wanted to make out with me I wouldn’t say no.”

Kris turned to see what Garret was looking at. He couldn’t believe it. Minseok was there, in the entrance of Starbucks. He looked good, wearing jeans and a dark coat that Kris recognized as Canada Goose holding a package in his hands. Then again, when didn’t Minseok look good? There was something in the Starbucks lighting that made him look like a god.

Minseok smiled when he saw Kris and began to walk over. “Hey! I figured you would be here. I brought you a birthday gift.”

Garret and Bradley were staring at Minseok as if Minseok just walked in with their contracts with the Toronto Raptors. Kris couldn’t blame them, the first time seeing Minseok is something that no one really forgets.

“Thank you. Do you want to join us?” Kris asked taking the gift from Minseok. He wanted to rip it open in the middle of Starbucks and probably cry a little but he knew he couldn’t do that. Not in front of Minseok.

“It wouldn’t be a problem.” Bradley said slowly as if he was speaking to a God.

“I would love to but Kris knows my deal with Starbucks.” Minseok winked at Kris. Was the gasp that Kris just heard his own? Oh , he had an inside joke with Minseok. “I just came up the mountain to see Kris real quick.”

“You came all the way just to give me my birthday present?” Kris asked. No one had ever done anything like that before. His mom called him and tomorrow Kris would be going to Vancouver to see her but she didn’t leave Vancouver the day of his birthday just to celebrate. Jongdae had sent his gift (an a collection of short stories dealing with gay . Kris didn’t want to believe it either. Even if the first story in the collection was quite good) in the mail and Tao had sent him a plethora of birthday texts and an apology on how his gift would be arriving two days late.

Minseok smiled that smile that proved that he was not human and that all the angels in the skies above had to be Korean. “I like doing things for people on their birthday. The distance isn’t that bad and I’m getting highly convinced that the Tim Horton’s on your campus is better than any of the ones at UBC.” And with that Minseok was gone, headed off to the world of Tim Horton’s and leaving Kris alone with the present on his lap.

“Does he have a sister?” Bradley asked. “If he has a brother, I am willing to try and see what it’s like playing for the other team.”

Garret laughed. “Kris, bruh, I’m going to be honest with you. Minseok is out of your league. Forget the whole gay, biual, straight thing for right now and just focus on looks. Minseok is like beyond infinity. How are you going to get that?”

Kris opened the present when he got back to his dorm room. It was a tumbler in the form of Starbucks’ cup for ice beverages. There was also a Starbucks gift card and a hand-drawn birthday card with a basketball hoop in the front and on the inside, Happy Birthday Kris! Here’s hoping you have another twenty-one awesome years of basketball and Starbucks. Love, Minseok.

Oh my God, he used the word love.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all an apology. I know this story hasn't been updated for a while, all of a sudden, I got really busy and had to neglect my stories for a while. But never fear for I have already started working on the next chapter of this fanfic.

I truly am sorry but it came out of nowhere how busy I got and I'm really sorry for the late update and how short this chapter is.

<3 Smooches <3